Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New KaM Remake Demo r2411

<<

xzaz

Barbarian

Post 19 Oct 2011, 22:48

Just a thought, is a "Disable Music" button necessary when you can just reduce the volume slider to zero?

(I don't know if reducing the slider to zero kills the music, but it easily could!)
Yes Disabling sound (music) is totally different then setting the volume down. The effect is the same but 'programmaticly' its different.

In Windows (and all other OS's) you got the same, mute and putting down your sound.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Oct 2011, 22:50

Just a thought, is a "Disable Music" button necessary when you can just reduce the volume slider to zero?

(I don't know if reducing the slider to zero kills the music, but it easily could!)
Yes Disabling sound (music) is totally different then setting the volume down. The effect is the same but 'programmaticly' its different.

In Windows (and all other OS's) you got the same, mute and putting down your sound.
I understand, but to simplify the interface the game could detect when the slider is at zero and react as if sound is disabled, thereby removing the need for the checkbox.
<<

xzaz

Barbarian

Post 19 Oct 2011, 23:00

I understand, but to simplify the interface the game could detect when the slider is at zero and react as if sound is disabled, thereby removing the need for the checkbox.
Maybe the user doesn't want their slider to be down, again 0% sound volume is different then muting the sound (their is no sound playing) 0% volume, the music is still on but you won't hear it.
If you mute and unmute your sound you will go back to the % volume the volume was set in.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Oct 2011, 23:02

Maybe the user doesn't want their slider to be down, again 0% sound volume is different then muting the sound (their is no sound playing) 0% volume, the music is still on but you won't hear it.
If you mute and unmute your sound you will go back to the % volume the volume was set in.
Ah yeah, you got me there :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Oct 2011, 23:12

Also, when you disable the music it stops playing so that when you enable it again it goes back to the first track. And when music is disabled the track up/down buttons can't be used. Good thought, but I think we'll leave it as is.
<<

Myth

Peasant

Post 20 Oct 2011, 16:18

Server log spam

hi

i tried the new server today and noticed some massive spam in the logs. i don't think that this is intended.

myth26 . de / KaM_Server_2011-10-20_15-25-21-288.log
(sry for the cryptic url, but the forum won't allow it for me)

The "time out" msg didn't stop, so i killed the server. Im not 100% sure, but i also think that the server started lagging after the player timed out.

Im using the x86 linux binaries.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Oct 2011, 18:07

I agree with Lewin, 0 volume and "disable" serve different purposes.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Chimerae

Laborer

Post 20 Oct 2011, 19:02

I have played a couple of games now, including one multiplayer one, and i must say i totally like it! Havent played this game for like six years, and it is definately the same feeling. I did try a previous version, but with the voices fixed now it is awesome! Thanks for your work.

But, i also came across a bug (which you probably already know, but i didnt see them in this thread).

- If i make a town hall, the serfs will bring the gold to this building, but i am not able in creating any troops. The interface of this building is just blank.
- This is not a bug, but you increased the food timer by a lot. I played one multiplayer game, and there was practicly no use in building a village, since you should mass an army as soon as possible and attack your opponents. Maybe you could make a slider for the 'hunger time' so the host can decide how long it takes before your troops and servants need food again.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 21 Oct 2011, 09:05

- If i make a town hall, the serfs will bring the gold to this building, but i am not able in creating any troops. The interface of this building is just blank.
- This is not a bug, but you increased the food timer by a lot. I played one multiplayer game, and there was practicly no use in building a village, since you should mass an army as soon as possible and attack your opponents. Maybe you could make a slider for the 'hunger time' so the host can decide how long it takes before your troops and servants need food again.
The townhall isn't functioning right now. The units are but you can't use the townhall.

Nice idea about the food slider.
<<

Chimerae

Laborer

Post 21 Oct 2011, 23:14

After some more hours of KAM i noticed, that if you destroy a building you doesnt hear the crushing sound of the building 'falling appart'.
Also, the enemy archers just run into your troops as if they pressed the move button with their archers / crossbowmen instead of placing them into the right position and shooting from there.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 22 Oct 2011, 09:39

Well, I sometimes had the same problem, not always though.
Also attacks in the back do too much damage.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Oct 2011, 02:14

Yeah there's an issue with sounds not always playing because there are too many sounds playing at once, and far away ones that are inaudible will take the available slots rather than close ones. I have improved the prioritizing a lot so let me know if it happens again after the next release, and ignore it for now.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 23 Oct 2011, 10:33

O, and sometimes a tower hits its target but fails to kill it. Is this done on purpose or is it a bug.
<<

Thorakh

Recruit

Post 23 Oct 2011, 12:45

I believe towers didn't always oneshot units in the original too.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 23 Oct 2011, 13:23

I thought they did.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”