Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Hello All

<<

angel

Laborer

Post 07 Nov 2009, 20:14

Hello All

Hi I used to post on here a bit I think I was the first one that talked to the person that made this site actually. Sadly it's been so long I can't even remember his name, I think it was something like realhotdog or somethin like that? Anyways I'm in the United States Marine Corps so I haven't had much time to look at this site. Anything new come out lately about KAM? Is there a new game being produced or anything like that? Thanks for the input.
<<

Faritop

Laborer

Post 07 Nov 2009, 22:45

Well... im new here so i dont know much about changes, but there is something like a Remake going on, look here

http://www.atfreeforum.com/knights/viewtopic.php?t=233&mforum=knights

Its Krom's remake, totally loved it. Great guy this Krom, altough i havent had the chance to have a word with him yet. Also i believe Lewin(another cool guy, so selfless and cares a lot for other peoples problems) helped him too.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Nov 2009, 23:58

Re: Hello All

Sadly it's been so long I can't even remember his name, I think it was something like realhotdog or somethin like that? Anyways I'm in the United States Marine Corps so I haven't had much time to look at this site. Anything new come out lately about KAM? Is there a new game being produced or anything like that? Thanks for the input.
His name was Real_Hotdog, but he changed it to Litude some time ago. He's still the same person though and he's still maintaining the forum and fan site.

Things that have been achieved while you've been away: (I'm guessing quite a few years)
- Lots of work done on decoding game files and making editors for these files. (including graphics, text, sounds, statistics)
- Powerful map and mission editors made which allow you to make your own missions and campaigns easily.
- Two projects under way to recreate the KaM engine from scratch, although they are still a fair way off finished.
- Mission sharing site created that allows people to share the missions they have made. (currently has over 50 missions/campaigns) There are also competitions run every year or so.
- We sent a petition (signed by 368 KaM fans) to ZuXXeZ/Joymainia asking for the release of the KaM source code, Joymainia (developers) accepted but ZuXXeZ (publishers) said no.
- Some of the music transcribed so that you can print it off and play it.
- A fan made patch (V 1.60 Service Release 3) started to fix as many problems as we can without the sourcecode. (e.g. mission bugs, translation errors, etc.)
- Community has grown and become more connected, and KaM has certainly not become less popular. :D

Let me know if you want links to any more of these things. And feel free to add to this list if anyone thinks I've missed something.
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 08 Nov 2009, 00:46

Hi angel, or Archer as I recall you calling yourself back then. Yeah I changed my name from Real Hotdog to Litude quite some time ago.

I think Lewin gave you a pretty much complete recap over what's been going on for the past year or two, no new game planned in the series (at least non from the official side).

So how are things going? Marine Corps sounds quite interesting, how did you end up there?
<<

angel

Laborer

Post 08 Nov 2009, 19:18

Hey Litude haha yes I did used to use the name Archer. Well I've been interested in the military for quite some time and I knew the Marines was the best of the best. I should be deploying to Afghanistan within the next year or so actually. Looks like the forums have grown lots of posts and stuff it's all cool. I need to get a laptop one of these days so I can start playing KAM again. Right now I'm at a rec center using one of their computers so I can't play any games or anything. Good to talk to you though, do you need help with any walkthroughs or anything cause I remember how to beat most of the levels. That'd be awesome if they made a knew KAM haha so I saw Lewin was talking about how theres a map editor so people can create their own missions, have any of you guys made your own missions or anything and how would we download them?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Nov 2009, 21:59

I saw Lewin was talking about how theres a map editor so people can create their own missions, have any of you guys made your own missions or anything and how would we download them?
My mission website is a place for people to share the campaigns and missions they make:
http://lewin.namsys.com.au/kam/index.php?go=knights_and_merchants_editor_missions (it might be offline at the moment but it will be fixed within a day or so)

There are currently over 50 missions/campaigns. Downloads include installation instructions. People can also leave comments and rate missions.

Return to “General Talk”