Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TSK mission 11

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Sep 2016, 00:22

Re: TSK mission 11

I adjusted my build so that I didn't build on all of the coal and made some other improvements such as earlier gold production and even earlier farms and iron.

I'm glad that you guys suggested this constraint, because it actually forced me to put the inn above the storehouse which worked out too well for traffic: serfs entered and exited the inn from two different sides as needed! This was a much stronger village overall.

I have also improved the design some to yield 53 bows and 53 pikes in 1 hour. 60 serfs, 24 laborers, 3 farms, no starvation.

(Also, I have a few "holes" in my village in which I can build towers, which could be nice! :) )

New challenge. :mrgreen:
cmowla TSK 14 spam 3.zip
@Ben,
If you want to, you are more than welcome to make a shoutcast of this build. (For example, if you watch the replay, you will see that where I place my first woodcutters combined with this new design and build order was actually a VERY good choice.)

@TDL and Ben,
Is this new design good with regards to building on the coal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Sep 2016, 12:35

Nice job, still some buildings on rich coal (butcher, iron smelter) though. But for a rush base it's not a problem. Try sword fighters next? ;) Swords and bows is a player's 'core' army usually.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Sep 2016, 12:40

Good job, looks like TSK 14 has a lot of love from you :D
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Sep 2016, 14:11

I think you should try challenges that were posted some time ago, like Scout challenge and Xbow challenge :)

Also, there's EE building challenge here. Should be easy for you I think :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Jun 2017, 16:43

Tried my favorite SP level again today. Made much improvement since the previous attempt last year. For anyone who will try this level, the main problem is NO trees around the storehouse so this should be your main concern during the game. Gold can be a problem as well, but you start with more chests than normal so you can delay the first goldsmelter to get some more woodcutters up and head to iron just a bit faster. I've tried to play with only 2 schools but it's almost impossible (hungry recruits). And there is no need to build on coal to get a good working base. Nor do you need to grab the fish. I had 70 serfs and 18 builders on 4 quarries. To make a nice army on 60 minutes it's absolutely needed to STORE some wares throughout the game, like corn and especially iron(ore). Proper storing seems to have died out in MP games. I still do it sometimes and only remember Boco did it years ago. In this game there is still some room for improvement I think. Up to 60 60, anyone? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Shogun

Woodcutter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Jun 2017, 06:25

Just imagine, what a monster you created if we will play it in locs with forest! (6)
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 12 Jul 2017, 22:11

Thanks for your reply, Leeuwgie.

I'm excited for being responsible for addressing a "forgotten" building technique for KaM. I always thought this was the intended way to build in this game, based on the original manual and game design, so I took a shot at it, and it produced well.

I have not (and will not) watch your replay (at least not immediately), as I want to stick with my evolving build style (just to see what it leads up to), but it's nice to see that you have beaten my challenge by and an extra pikeman and bowman. I'm sure building on the coal is more than likely necessary to achieve the most yield, as it naturally allows for more freedom than not, but you've made it clear that it isn't necessary up to 55/55. I achieved 53/53 after just 3 weeks of religious play and research (where my previous replay was the "ugly one" which was addressed at the beginning of this thread), but I have not touched KaM since then, so I am not finished my building quest just yet!

I have taken a long break (and technically, I am still on it) from KaM, but I hope building challenges and masterbuilding tutorials (and replays) will continue to spark the interest of KaM players. I started (but have not finished) a dynamic spreadsheet which I intend to use as an aid to give building time suggestions for a specific quantity of troops. When I'm satisfied with it and it is well-tested, I will distribute it here on the forum! Exciting times are ahead for those that want to make a puzzle out of the building aspect of this game!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

Shogun

Woodcutter

Post 27 Jul 2017, 02:29

Spreadsheet.... Lol It looks much simpler when drawing up strategies then when i was changing my timing of buildings stepwise. Nice idea, thank you! But for now I'll leave this development of the idea to you :P.
"I'm excited for being responsible for addressing a "forgotten" building technique for KaM..."
But still you are going to reinvent a bicycle.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 26 Feb 2019, 21:10

Up to 60 60, anyone? :D
I haven't achieved 60 60 yet, but I have good reason to believe that 80 80 in one hour is possible in TSK 14 (without building on the dense coal).

As I did in the past with my TSK 20 quick wins, I am merely posting this to exert some seriously needed pressure on myself to achieve this feat of 80 80 in one hour (this of course means to have 160 recruits in the barracks, along with the weapons and armor, for those who haven't followed this thread). I believe this quote from the Shawshank Redemption film pretty much sums up achieving anything which requires hard work.

Why do I think 80 80 in one hour for TSK 14's building location possible?

My spreadsheet is finally finished. (One needs to have Microsoft Excel 2007 or newer installed on his or her machine in order to use it. It has Macros, so having access to Microsoft Office products online is not enough to use all of its features.). It has become a sophisticated piece of software that is very easy to use. It, along with me constructing numerous plans for this location, has given me insight that "we've been playing around" with building in this game.

When I achieve at least 70 70 in TSK 14, I will make a video about my spreadsheet, using my TSK 14 build as an example. But I will try to go for 80 80 and settle with 70 70 (or anything above 70 70 but below 80 80) if I have to.

Currently my spreadsheet/software does not have woodcutters, quarries or food buildings integrated into it, but that can change if there is a demand for it. (Very doubtful though, considering that woodcutters are probably the most complicated building to approximate and I am not aware of any building challenges which aim to produce food instead of an army.)

I am also posting this ahead of time to give someone a chance to "beat me to it", because I figure if someone else can do this without my spreadsheet then maybe all I did was just
reinvent a bicycle.
Otherwise, maybe I "invented the automobile" instead.

I guess time will tell.

FYI to all who have followed this thread in the past. Wish me luck, and good luck to all those who want to participate!

And this is for r6720. If you want to use Rey's Remake version, you can, but I'm playing r6720 for this challenge.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Jul 2022, 22:08

Up to 60 60, anyone? :D
I haven't achieved 60 60 yet, but I have good reason to believe that 80 80 in one hour is possible in TSK 14 (without building on the dense coal).
I don't remember about TSK11....but I think also it is possible. 80serfs and 80labourers. Nowadays players needs lots of meet in front of bows and the labourers are a very good unit to control. :wink:

Return to “Strategy Central”