Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

lava valley

<<

grindavik

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 29 Dec 2014, 18:01

Re: lava valley

Aa, ok, I am sorry, now I can see the reply from the beginning. OK, now I know the trick:) Who would have told that this is only about a "construction barrier", hehe. How did you discover it, by accident? But it arises another question..Were KaM Remake missions (especially those single ones) designated for players who know this trick? Because without it I really doubt to pass Lava Valley or On the way? Or is it possible?? Because with this trick every mission seems to be 90% easier and it's like "legal cheating";)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Dec 2014, 18:59

i do believe the missions you are referring to are very old, and got unbalanced with patches and updates to the remake. no one even rebalanced them though.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 30 Dec 2014, 02:56

Aa, ok, I am sorry, now I can see the reply from the beginning. OK, now I know the trick:) Who would have told that this is only about a "construction barrier", hehe. How did you discover it, by accident?
Nope. I figured if when the AI comes and attacks me in my village and my buildings prevented all of them to be in combat with me at once, I can "take it out of the village" and save a lot of troops.

I haven't always used this technique, but why not use it? (Lives are precious!)
Because without it I really doubt to pass Lava Valley or On the way? Or is it possible??
Of course it's possible. If I got 0 losses, do you think I couldn't beat it without using building barriers?!
Here's the first 24 minutes without using building fences and without using single leaders (for everyone who doesn't like that).
(58 losses without trying too hard)
cmowla LV (2).zip
As long as you can drive the AI, there is no (reasonable) map which cannot be beaten with that much effort (if you are at veteran level like you claim to be). I define all SP maps in the remake (with the exception of Invasion/Zombie Apocalypse) as reasonable.
Because with this trick every mission seems to be 90% easier and it's like "legal cheating";)
That's the idea (I'd say it's 99.9% easier. :D )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

grindavik

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Dec 2014, 17:28

WOW, I have watched this replay and you are simply a master..What I thought was impossible it's doable. The way you are steering AI to attack you where you want to be attacked is a masterpiece.Chapeau bas!
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 11 Nov 2021, 10:42

I uploaded a video on speedrunning this map in r6720 about 2 days ago. (It just finished processing into 1440p50 quality, so I just made it public.) https://youtu.be/KyOAtblvCL0

Apparently this is the first video on YouTube about this map?

I did this as a response to a request from a commenter on my YouTube video Knights and Merchants (KaM) Remake (r6720) - TSK 05 in 7m45s (WR).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.

Return to “Strategy Central”