Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TSK 08 won in 23.75 minutes (r6720) (w/ only 2 save reloads)

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 17 Sep 2020, 19:37

TSK 08 won in 23.75 minutes (r6720) (w/ only 2 save reloads)

Never seen this mission won this fast before in any version of this game. Best of all, with only three save reloads! (Ben would be proud!)

Notes:
  • As you see find in the video (which is LIVE gameplay), the third save reload can be easily avoided every time in r6720! And the other two can be avoided with some luck and/or more mission restarts. (Or they can be avoided completely 99% of the time if you don't multitask.)
  • Commentary provided (to explain my play and to make it more interesting).
In 2014, I beat it in 30m54s, but with a starvation approach. I was pretty proud of that time (although I used A LOT of saves I can recall, not just THREE!), considering that the record for the original game was 42:xy (by kaszub). But I think this approach is not only MUCH MORE doable (I mean, just 3 save reloads?!), but the mission can be won a few minutes faster (at normal game speeds).

In addition,
  • For those who are unaware, I am now a supermod of the KaM speedrun page (which now has slots for single map submissions). If you have replays or live game play vids, you may submit a run there. But be sure to film your replay (and show all of the significant things happening on the map) in video form. (And read/follow the rules!)
  • I'm going to eventually add columns for Co-op (as we can take two players names for a submission), as well as other campaigns besides what's there. Any suggestions, let me know!

EDIT: Just realized I could have put recruits in the towers to speed up killing the barbarians at home base. Just redid that part and won it in 23.75 minutes with reloading only two save restore points! (Uploading the video now . . . )
Last edited by cmowla on 19 Sep 2020, 20:04, edited 2 times in total.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Sep 2020, 07:10

Re: TSK 08 won in 23.75 minutes (r6720) (w/ only 2 save relo

Wow, that's great result!

Didn't know KaM speedrun page existed - you should advertise it more, especially on Discord! )
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 18 Sep 2020, 14:26

Re: TSK 08 won in 23.75 minutes (r6720) (w/ only 2 save relo

Wow, that's great result!

Didn't know KaM speedrun page existed - you should advertise it more, especially on Discord! )
Oh wow, didn't know that you didn't know! Okay, I found the discord page. I will post in the general_eng section! This is a link to my advertisement. (This is the second part of the message, due to it being too long for a single post!)

Also, Andreus somehow found the page (as you can see, he has the WR for TSK 03)!
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.

Return to “Game replays”