Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

45 Peacetime games

<<

thijs1996

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Apr 2020, 09:48

45 Peacetime games

Hey all, long term casual player here that recently started doing multiplayer with friends.

Most if not all online games are played with 60 peacetime. However, I recently came across some shoutcasts for 30PT games. Those were really interesting to me, to see the players going very different strategies. Some trading away food for axes & rushing militia, others rushing iron and going pikes&crossbows.
But, as I am not really skilled at this game, I think 30 minutes is just too short for me to set up a semi-efficient base. Same for the friends I usually play with. So recently, we did a 45 peacetime game. The strategies were somewhat similar to a 60PT game, but with earlier recruits, less leather and more iron. It was interesting to see how it played out.

Now, my question to you more experienced peeps: how would you play in a 45 PT game? Go for fast iron, no leather, pikes+crossbows? A market strategy? Or a more classic approach with sword fighters?

I'm interested to see what you will come up with, and I may be able to play a game somewhere in the upcoming week.

Thijs
<<

Just_Harry

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 Apr 2020, 14:44

Re: 45 Peacetime games

Hi,

I'm playing 60 pt games for some years now and I would say I have some experience. As you said small PT games are most likely going to be Iron units focused (with, as mentioned different approaches). I remember playing some 35 pt games. Most of the time you would simply rush iron and some militia.
In 45 PT games however I think it's possible to go for leather as well.
I would still focus on Iron most of the time. But some fast 3 Farms (+2 Pigfarms once the wheat is finished) should be possible. Depends on the loc ofc. But if there is enough fast wood for 3 Farms I guess this would be fine. Just keep the city as small and efficient as possible.
These 2 Pigfarms should be enough to make ~15 leathertroops at the end of PT. Ofc it depends on how fast you made your farms and Pigfarms. For iron I guess pikes would be the best. If you are really fast you can get 15 Pikes + 15 bows at the end of pt.

Something else that could be possible is iron only. Now that i think of it its probably the best thing to do. Rush iron once your gold production is running. I think on a rather "normal" loc you could get around 15 pikes and 15 xBows. Ofc all loc dependent, but talking about a normal loc for 60 pt games I guess iron only with militia should still be the best. Ofc after PT end you can't spam units as good as with leather + iron but the PT army should be stronger.

I hope I could help a bit. If you have any more questions or maybe didnt quiet understand it feel free to ask. :)
<<

thijs1996

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Apr 2020, 07:56

Re: 45 Peacetime games

Hi,

I'm playing 60 pt games for some years now and I would say I have some experience. As you said small PT games are most likely going to be Iron units focused (with, as mentioned different approaches). I remember playing some 35 pt games. Most of the time you would simply rush iron and some militia.
In 45 PT games however I think it's possible to go for leather as well.
I would still focus on Iron most of the time. But some fast 3 Farms (+2 Pigfarms once the wheat is finished) should be possible. Depends on the loc ofc. But if there is enough fast wood for 3 Farms I guess this would be fine. Just keep the city as small and efficient as possible.
These 2 Pigfarms should be enough to make ~15 leathertroops at the end of PT. Ofc it depends on how fast you made your farms and Pigfarms. For iron I guess pikes would be the best. If you are really fast you can get 15 Pikes + 15 bows at the end of pt.

Something else that could be possible is iron only. Now that i think of it its probably the best thing to do. Rush iron once your gold production is running. I think on a rather "normal" loc you could get around 15 pikes and 15 xBows. Ofc all loc dependent, but talking about a normal loc for 60 pt games I guess iron only with militia should still be the best. Ofc after PT end you can't spam units as good as with leather + iron but the PT army should be stronger.

I hope I could help a bit. If you have any more questions or maybe didnt quiet understand it feel free to ask. :)

This was exactly the kind of reply I was hoping to get, thanks a lot!
I'll test both strategies out over the weekend and report back with the findings

Return to “Strategy Central”