Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2018, 00:11

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

All you need the market for is shown in my profile picture. Good day!
I can’t think of a more appropriate reply for TDL to post on a return from an absence. Here, here!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Nov 2018, 20:25

Actually the market can burn, I was asking about the tradings;P
Anyway it is not a bad idea. If a house is under fire then its production be slower or be stopped. I still dislike the labourers are sent to the enemy's archers to die. :wink: It could be a really good reason to feed them and keep them alive.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 Nov 2018, 15:25

I am playing now r9700 and I am wondering why the fisher guys still fishes two fishes instead one!?? It should be one fish.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Nov 2018, 16:33

I am playing now r9700 and I am wondering why the fisher guys still fishes two fishes instead one!?? It should be one fish.
I find it funny that you bring this up now, as I was just thinking about this the other day. For those that don't know the history behind this, in original TPR, the fisherman caught one fish. I don't know the reasoning behind the following decision, but it was determined by the community that fish ran out too quickly in the original maps and campaigns. Fisherman were patched in SR2 to catch 2 fish (even though one fish would disappear from the lake) and wait twice as long before going to fish again. This was kind of a hacky method, but it worked to serve the community's goal.

In the Remake, we can control the balance of fishing much more elegantly. We could revert back to him catching one fish and instead change the mechanics of fish depletion.

But why? Fisherman have been catching two fish for years now. Going back to one would be another complication for players to consider that doesn't add any value to the game. And no, I no longer believe that just because something was in the original means that it is something to be desired.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 16 Nov 2018, 18:14

I find it funny that you bring this up now, as I was just thinking about this the other day. For those that don't know the history behind this, in original TPR, the fisherman caught one fish. I don't know the reasoning behind the following decision, but it was determined by the community that fish ran out too quickly in the original maps and campaigns. Fisherman were patched in SR2 to catch 2 fish (even though one fish would disappear from the lake) and wait twice as long before going to fish again. This was kind of a hacky method, but it worked to serve the community's goal.
It have a very simpel reason. :wink: In old TPR and the latest Remake release the fisher can't cancel his Job. So he would fish 30-40 fishes and after that the lake is empty. In this time the fisher guy eats..... and and and eat and eat. So he would eat "his own fishes" in the playtime of the mission. Pointeless. :mrgreen: We have changed it hundred years ago (SR2) and improve his "right to exist". ;)
But in r9700 you have added a posibility to cancel a citizen. So the fisher boy can again fish (in normal time) one fish, what's like in reality. I will call it an obsolete balancing change.

BTW
I would spend you 1 Million dollars for this function. Thank's good for it!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Nov 2018, 18:23

I see absolutely no connection with being able to cancel a citizen and the amount of wares produced per job by a fisherman. This argument makes no sense to me :?

EDIT:
If you are saying that fisherman are too OP by cancel citizen job, then I suppose I understand where you are coming from. However, this simply can't be possible. By the time a fisherman has eaten more food than he has produced, the game would either be over or the food situation be handled. Even if you play for more than three hours, the cost of feeding a single fisherman is miniscule in comparison to the benefit of fast food early on from fish.
Last edited by Ben on 13 Sep 2021, 14:06, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: explained
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 16 Nov 2018, 20:13

I only have given you the reason why we have changed it in SR2. So, if the cancel-job function have already exists in TPR, we wouldn't change the amount of fished fish.
So in my holy opinion you can "reset" it back to old TPR version for new Remake releases.

-peace
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2018, 09:29

KaM Remake food production is stable for many years now (~6?). I see no real reason to revamp it again (and rebalance fish counts in existing maps)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Nov 2018, 12:07

I think they should add different types of fish instead. Different waters contain different fish species! :D
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Mantades

Peasant

Post 25 Jan 2019, 12:10

Hi there. I'm new to this forum, but played the game for some time now. I wanted to share some ideas that would make the game a lot better and I was very disappointed they weren't already implemented (I consider most of them as bugs).
Before I start I must explain my use of names. I play game in my native language, so I don't know all names as they are translated in the english version. I just hope you will get what I want to say ;)

1. Stonemason control. Its just so frustrating I am forced to wait for hours (or micromanage placing his hut, so he goes where i want) to clear a specific rock on the ground. It would be so awesome to make him go to a chosen stone "column", so he clears that first, and then go to another place.

2. Turning obsolete citizens into someone else. There should be some re-educational option for obsolete citizens. At the very least we should be able to change them to serfs.

3. (already on the "to do" list) Taking resources from obsolete buildings so they don't get wasted (ex. coal from the smith if there is no more iron on the map).

4. A sound warning when there are enemy troops approaching (good for campaign missions). It would go off when enemy troops would come into sight (or the ones already scouted would start an attack). With surprise attacks, as they are now, its impossible to play the game (campaign) without many reloads. The margin for error is just too small. That is a problem for new players or old ones (like me), that return to the game after many years. Veterans that memorized the scripts can turn it off.

5. Set a max cap for a certain resource in a storehouse. Good for splitting resources between different storehouses.

6. Change priority for serfs regarding certain materials. Mostly stone and wood (change priority between construction sites and roads/vineyards)

7. There should be a new demolish system:
- roads, wheat fields and vineyards should be able to be deconstructed
- same with buildings but with some loss of material
- destroyed buildings (by soldiers) should be able to be cleaned up (either with some resource recovery or none)

8. Coal mines. This was a really big "WTF?" back when I first saw that miners only clear (completely) squares next to the mine. Why would someone come up with an idea like that? Making the player "demolish and build" mine over and over again, to get all of the coal from a certain place? This is just stupid and tedious. I'd agree that mines shouldn't have to big radius, but still... it should be more then 1sq on every side (personally I'd give it a 3 sq radius).

9. (taken from the list of declined ideas) I strongly vote for implementing ability to withdraw soldiers from the battle (at least in singleplayer and/or coop missions). Having whole group of cavalry run toward an army of pikeman, or worse - halberdiers, just because one horseman accidentally got into a fight, for me is a complete misunderstanding.

10. Add a 10x (and maybe a 5x or even 50x) increment to weapon and armor manufacturers.

11. Add visible radius to a woodcutter hut (maybe stonemason and some others too). Both, for when you are putting it and later, when you click on the hut, there should be a circle around the hut to show how far the woodcutter can plant and cut the trees. Its important for planning later buildings and/or cutting down specific trees.

12. Not very important but it would be nice to put a road sign to build a road later. Good for reserving ground for roads to be built later and to better plan a city.

13. Just an aesthetic feature but maybe... female serfs and craftsman? (randomly coming out of school when training is done)

14. Last but not least ;-). Wheelbarrows and/or carts. Long distance mine, woodcutter, stonemason or whatever? Go with a cart or something! If a serf is planning to go a certain distance to a production building (calculated from the nearest storehouse) he should go with a cart or a wheelbarrow and take everything that is waiting to be picked up. This would be probably hard to implement as it would affect the whole AI steering the serfs (who goes where).

That's it for now. If I remember something else I'll write it later :)
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 26 Jan 2019, 15:51

8. Coal mines. This was a really big "WTF?" back when I first saw that miners only clear (completely) squares next to the mine. Why would someone come up with an idea like that? Making the player "demolish and build" mine over and over again, to get all of the coal from a certain place? This is just stupid and tedious. I'd agree that mines shouldn't have to big radius, but still... it should be more then 1sq on every side (personally I'd give it a 3 sq radius
You need to observe before you criticize. :wink:

I like how you think and the ideas you came up with, despite that others have come up with similar suggestions.

Welcome to the forum as well. :D
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Mantades

Peasant

Post 26 Jan 2019, 19:03

I don't understand how's that link relevant? I didn't say anything about coal being taken from under road or buildings. It was obvious for me from the start, because you can literally see coal under roads (especially when road turns) and later you see it disappear when the mine gets exhausted. No big deal here.

I didn't notice however that there is a higher mine working radius to the right side, but still... that doesn't solve my problem and suggestion to it. What we need is mines that don't need to get clumped so tightly or being destroyed and rebuild so often, just to get that 2-3 sq of coal which happens to be just 2 sq away instead of 1. Stupid and tedious.
despite that others have come up with similar suggestions.
I know some ideas might have been suggested before but most of them I didn't see on the "to do list" and others I just wanted to report to emphasize them.
Welcome to the forum as well.
Thank you :)
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 02 Feb 2019, 09:58

2. Turning obsolete citizens into someone else. There should be some re-educational option for obsolete citizens. At the very least we should be able to change them to serfs.

3. (already on the "to do" list) Taking resources from obsolete buildings so they don't get wasted (ex. coal from the smith if there is no more iron on the map).
Afaik both are already in the latest "discord" version of KaM Remake.
10. Add a 10x (and maybe a 5x or even 50x) increment to weapon and armor manufacturers.
There already is, and has been for a long time.
10x: right mouse click
100x: [ SHIFT ] + left mouse click
12. Not very important but it would be nice to put a road sign to build a road later. Good for reserving ground for roads to be built later and to better plan a city.
Is it really necessary though?
You could simply use the farm tile and "reserve" the crossroads... later on, you can simply build the road on top of that farm tile.
13. Just an aesthetic feature but maybe... female serfs and craftsman? (randomly coming out of school when training is done)

14. Last but not least ;-). Wheelbarrows and/or carts. Long distance mine, woodcutter, stonemason or whatever? Go with a cart or something! If a serf is planning to go a certain distance to a production building (calculated from the nearest storehouse) he should go with a cart or a wheelbarrow and take everything that is waiting to be picked up. This would be probably hard to implement as it would affect the whole AI steering the serfs (who goes where).
No sprites for them :(
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Mantades

Peasant

Post 03 Feb 2019, 01:41

Afaik both are already in the latest "discord" version of KaM Remake.
How can I get those?
There already is, and has been for a long time.
10x: right mouse click
100x: [ SHIFT ] + left mouse click
Nice. Thanks for the info. Would be great if they added some tool tips to the game.
Is it really necessary though?
You could simply use the farm tile and "reserve" the crossroads... later on, you can simply build the road on top of that farm tile.
That's just a workaround, which is not even a good solution. You can see farm soil under roads, just like you can see demolished buildings debris under new ones. I find it quite necessary to help plan the city before it is done. This lack of feature wouldn't be so bad, if we could deconstruct stuff and regain some materials from it.

No sprites for them :(
Too bad. :(
<<

Bunty

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Apr 2019, 19:40

One little change sort food items for in the inn
1.sausages
2.loavas
3.wine
4.fish
One reasone for this if two citizen will enter inn first one will eat sausage and second one will pick loavas this will work like old sort but if they feed two items first one will use wine and second one fish.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”