Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 12 Feb 2018, 19:19

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

By this, do you mean you have remade all the attacks in the tactical missions? Or did you also dramatically change the starting soldiers?
Nope, just the attacks
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Feb 2018, 20:17

All tactical maps mainly in TSK are completely remade.
By this, do you mean you have remade all the attacks in the tactical missions? Or did you also dramatically change the starting soldiers?

Also: A wild "The Knight" appeared. Long time no see ;)
My eyes are still about KaM. ;)

I remember, that we fix the 2 campaigns since 2003. Cant believe, that they still have so many bugs. :rolleyes:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Feb 2018, 22:20

Well to be fair, KaM Remake "introduced" a whole new spectrum of bugs. We basically had to start from scratch again.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vikingking

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Feb 2018, 20:01

Well I did see in TSK01 that there was an extra weapon workshop for yellow. Their first attack did surprise me (though I was ready). In TSK02 noticed that you arranged the village a bit with the farm/stables/road. Very nice that stable is available from TSK04.
<<

DAOWAce

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 08 Aug 2018, 11:14

So for some newcomer (or oldcomer), this reverts all the balancing changes KAM remake made to the game?

It took me multiple attempts to beat some missions, wasting hours upon hours of my time. When I got to mission 8, it was impossible, and after days of trying I just quit playing entirely. Now I've come looking again after 2.5 years and stumbled upon this.

If this patch reverts the balance changes made to the game back to vanilla, then by god I wish I found this sooner.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 08 Aug 2018, 20:00

So for some newcomer (or oldcomer), this reverts all the balancing changes KAM remake made to the game?

It took me multiple attempts to beat some missions, wasting hours upon hours of my time. When I got to mission 8, it was impossible, and after days of trying I just quit playing entirely. Now I've come looking again after 2.5 years and stumbled upon this.

If this patch reverts the balance changes made to the game back to vanilla, then by god I wish I found this sooner.
I am sorry to hear that you were having trouble with TSK 08 due to unit balance changes from the original game. I am also sorry to hear that you were unaware of Vatrix's campaign fixes, but I guess all who were aware of it did not know you were unaware of it. In addition, they (or at least I) didn't think to mention it because you mentioned "unit balance" as opposed to, say, "map design".

This is not a patch. It's changes to the remake's original script and possibly changes to the quantity of and unit types of troops (at least it was for TSK 04) to try to make it HARDER. That is, the AI is "dumber" in the remake (well, maybe the new advanced AI is smarter...haven't checked it out) and thus IIRC Vatrix wanted to make changes such that the AI behaves more like the original game overall, even though the two AI's are clearly different. On the other hand, I think he also did make bug fixes which made the missions with the bugs easier.

I haven't played any mission in the original game (except for TSK 20) in many years, so I can't compare Vatrix's fix to it, but I hope that it works out for you. :)
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Nov 2022, 00:15

Are they part of the newest Remake version, or do I have to download and overwrite the existing campaign missions?

Return to “Map Design”