Kicked from the server

<<

thebaverian

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 27 May 2018, 19:16

Kicked from the server

Hey guys,
every time when i want to join a mulitplayer game the serve kick me out. because he get no answer. ist der any problem form my pc or is it the server?

thank you for your help

Lukas
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 May 2018, 12:53

Re: Kicked from the server

Could you provide more information? How many times were you kicked? How many different servers and rooms did you try to join? Also, what do you mean by "Because he get no answer?"
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 30 May 2018, 20:36

I think he means he had a timeout every time he tried to join a server, so he was unable to even enter any lobby.

Your internet must be very slow, or there are some problems with it. What is your ping on the server list? You can see pings to servers on the right, the colorful numbers. if it's 0-100 it's fine, if it's 200-500 it's bad, 500-2000 is very, very bad.
<<

thebaverian

Serf

Post 16 Jun 2018, 10:47

about 8 times i get kicked. My ping ist about 60-70. I can join a lobby but when the game starts i will kicked out . because i can only join one game or the server get no answer.

hope that help you ;)
<<

thebaverian

Serf

Post 16 Jun 2018, 11:00

this is one screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thebaverian

Serf

Post 16 Jun 2018, 11:02

an this is the second one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Jun 2018, 14:44

Yeah this isn't supposed to happen. You have a network or computer problem, nobody kicked you. The second message usually appears when you try to run two Remakes in multiplayer at the same time, is this what you tried to do on the second one? (if yes then the message is expected)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Jun 2018, 20:38

Google translate returns the basic "Network has stopped responding" error. This is pretty unhelpful, but it does indeed clear up that you are not getting kicked, but that you are simply unable to connect.

I would just turn off your firewall for a moment and see if you can connect. If you can, then you need to open up some ports. I would try opening up port 56789 (I believe this is the default for KaM servers, but it's possible that this is for local servers only) after turning the firewall back on, and you should be able to join. If not, someone with more experience with the KaM servers might be able to offer more insight.

I suspect that might not be your problem though, because blocked ports probably won't even let you see servers at all. If my previous suggestion turns up unhelpful, then try the following (someone pipe in if they can offer insight on the helpfulness of these tests):

-> Restart modem/router, or perhaps even reset your IP address if restarting doesn't do that
-> Try with a different computer, if possible, on the same network
-> Move your KaM Remake directory to a flash drive and try connecting to a server on a different computer (perhaps even at the same and different network). The Remake works very well on flashdrive, so this won't be a particularly difficult test if you have access to a library or computer lab with lax executable permissions

Please try these and let us know what works for you
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thebaverian

Serf

Post 09 Jul 2018, 18:58

hello
i tried the things you said. but nothing worked . at the first time i get kicked from the server vor the" srever has stopped responding" and then the second one that i can´t join two multiplaygames. but only one is open..
Thanks for your help!

Return to “Bugs”