Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Have bow men been weakened?

<<

tonc5

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Apr 2018, 01:56

Have bow men been weakened?

As a person who has played the original kam TSK on cd it seems like bow men have been nerfd. They just aren't as useful as they were in the original kam and sometimes they just don't seen to cut it anymore and I have to resort to crossbows which seem to have been buffed.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 19 Apr 2018, 07:21

Re: Have bow men been weakened?

HI Tonc5,

I guess there are several changes and differences between the original KaM and Remake. Probably can find answer to your question on the forum. :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Apr 2018, 02:58

Bowman and crossbowmen were far too powerful in original KaM. The remake balanced the fighting mechanics of the game quite a bit. That included making bowmen much weaker.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

tonc5

Blacksmith

Post 21 Apr 2018, 02:13

Bowman and crossbowmen were far too powerful in original KaM. The remake balanced the fighting mechanics of the game quite a bit. That included making bowmen much weaker.
I knew that bowmen were quite powerful in the original kam but i actually felt like crossbow men were a bit under powered sometimes loosing fights to other bowmen. Even so I never felt like they were overpowered. What caused this idea?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Apr 2018, 06:30

The fact that they were? Anything died like flies to them.
<<

tonc5

Blacksmith

Post 22 Apr 2018, 02:23

The fact that they were? Anything died like flies to them.
Units with iron armour would stand to them being able to take a semi reasonable amount of arrows or bolts before dying. But leather units would die pretty fast. But when you think about it, leather armour isn't very strong to begin with. Exibit A: https://youtu.be/472fNlfSQYU Exibit B: https://youtu.be/XMT6hjwY8NQ But that's just my personal opinion on the matter. I feel that they were over nerfed and now they are too weak.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 22 Apr 2018, 18:44

The amount of resources iron units cost did by far not pay off compared to cheap bowmen. Moreover, if bowmen were really 'overnerfed' we wouldn't see them in the game at all, which is obviously not the case. Crossbowmen are more rare, that's true, but only because sword fighters/knights are now so much stronger, not necessarily because crossbowmen are much weaker.
<<

tonc5

Blacksmith

Post 22 Apr 2018, 20:35

The amount of resources iron units cost did by far not pay off compared to cheap bowmen. Moreover, if bowmen were really 'overnerfed' we wouldn't see them in the game at all, which is obviously not the case. Crossbowmen are more rare, that's true, but only because sword fighters/knights are now so much stronger, not necessarily because crossbowmen are much weaker.
Actually that's another thing I noticed. Iron units in general have been buffed and it gives leather units more of an underdog feel.

Return to “General / Questions”