Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

(2018) Kam Remake 2v2 Tournament

<<

Jack

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Mar 2018, 22:48

Re: Kam Remake 2v2 Tournament

Once i was held by a policeman who claimed that i haven't completely stopped on stop sign, just slowed down on a crossroad in the middle of nothing and with no cars around.

You look to me as the same guy? Sure we haven't met?

Please explain to me where in that game was the point at that our many towers gave us advantage and won the game? Did i miss some part of the game?

And yes for such a major breaking of rules a team should be directly banned from everywhere...
<<

Zatoara

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 06 Mar 2018, 12:05

Here are the games for the second round.
round2-full.jpeg
round2.1.jpeg
round2.2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Mar 2018, 17:29

The tower rule is completely ridiculous anyway. Besides, if you want a cap on towers, someone should make a script for it. It’s simple to do and will prevent people from accidentally making too many towers.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 06 Mar 2018, 22:34

The tower rule is completely ridiculous anyway. Besides, if you want a cap on towers, someone should make a script for it. It’s simple to do and will prevent people from accidentally making too many towers.
I was about to say the same. I am not against anti-tower rule on its own, but it can't work like that. One of the tournament organizers made 7 towers. If the organizers don't remember about this rule, how can you hold other teams accountable for that? This is anti-competitive, imagine how angry would Jack/Bullet be (being one of the teams with highest win chance in this tour) if they won over you, then lost because they made 1 tower too many?

In my opinion, the rule should either be eliminated, or anti-tower-script versions of the tournament maps are needed. It is a good time to change the rules, before the second round is played.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Mar 2018, 23:11

-Grew up;learn to count until 5; There were only 5 notes in the tournament description which were well eliminated...
-If there were more than 5towers and the looser team complaining about them then the judges should disqualificate the team who was cheating. Not against anybody but that would be a fair decision. Did any player from the looser team complain about the more towers?
-I guess should be there a waiting time to complaining about the game, whaching back the games. I guess in a high level competitive game I'm not ure sombody will count the enemy's towers...

-in this case the tower was not giving any advantage, but a good warning to next time keep the eyes on the tower counter :wink:

ABCDE
:mrgreen:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 07 Mar 2018, 08:54

Thunder, the issue is that the rule is so stupid that even Bara forgot about it while playing. Nobody from the losers team can complain, because Bullet and Jack had 6 towers, and Bara (who lost) had 7, so their fault would be even... I mean, the rule can stay if there was a way to enforce it at the moment someone tries to build 6th tower, but you can't count on players to remember about something like this. And it's completely ridiculous to ban teams after the game, when you can simply remove this rule or add a script instead.
<<

mandos

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Mar 2018, 10:22

One of the things I wanted from organizing this tournament, is to hear your opinions guys, I don't want to defend my rules, but I hav one thing to explain on behalf of bara, I made him Co organizer cuz he joins team speak earlier so players can find him if I wasn't there. So he is same as bullet and Jack.

Am glad you guys are talking about this, I believe this will lead to a constant tournament shape in the future.

Right now the rules are rules, break them you lose.

Good luck.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 07 Mar 2018, 11:17

Thanks for understanding our point. I know how annoying it gets, when players complain AFTER the tournament starts, but there is not much we can do about it, since players generally don't care about the rules until the tournament starts. Speaking of constant shape of the tournaments, I think it was a great decision to play the games on weekends only, and we need to continue that form. (Even if it meant I can't play in the tournament) I'm pretty sure the tournament will be one of the rare ones in our community to be played from start to end without major problems.

edit: https://www.bracketsninja.com/brackets/single/31345 I will keep this updated.

Return to “Tournaments”