New campaign On Foreign Lands 2

<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Jan 2018, 18:32

New campaign On Foreign Lands 2

Hi!
I am proud to announce that I have completed my work on the new campaign "On Foreign Lands: Empire Reborn". This is the first campaign i K&M in which decisions can actually affect on plot! In this "interactive" campaign you will see mixed game types (tactic, rpg, economic), much larger and polished maps, special forces (one-hit-kill units - without interfering the game mechanics) and many other surprises!

Special thanks:
@Woloszek - map 1 corrections
@Kamyk - alphatester

This campaign is a demo of interactive plot which includes 16 missions. Fully interactive gameplay would take much more work, but it is not impossible to do! I hope you'll like it!

In current zip I attached decision table also.
There is a gap between missions 11 and 12 (there should be one more mision which is not possible to complete right now).

This campaign is adapted to new versions of KaM Remake, but it's not balanced and tested properly. So I ask each of you to feedback about missions / balance etc. Each bug will be eliminated as soon as possible but because of scripts construction it can take a while (you can check yourself it was not easy :)) Also if my english translations are not perfect feel free to correct lang files and send me it via PM.
Version 6720 will be not supported anymore.

You need to copy entire campaign folder into kam folder/Campaigns.

PS: I can't upload files larger than 2 MB so I share with download link:
http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1661635---gmca.html

EDIT: version 0.8 - fix for unhandled array exceptions
EDIT: version 0.7 - fix for mission 12 - workaround for MapTileArraySet error function
EDIT: version 0.6 - fix for mission 4 - player choice has not been saved so 5th mission looks always the same
EDIT: version 0.5 - fix for mission 5, added czech/slovak translations thanks to HellFriend
EDIT: version 0.4 - some color fixes, script improvements
EDIT: version 0.3 - some terrain fixes, missing recruits, font color in overlay text - reported by @Emotion 98.3
EDIT: version 0.2 - briefing 14 > missing

Also 8000+ version will be included in next beta.

Cheers!
Last edited by grayter on 03 Mar 2019, 11:26, edited 8 times in total.
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 Jan 2018, 10:14

Re: New campaign On Foreign Lands 2

This thing of the interactive campaign sounds really interesting to me :)
<<

SuiSide

Peasant

Post 27 Jan 2018, 12:13

Hello,

I would ask for some help!
Version 6720 does not launch a tracking error either.

"An error has occurred while parsing the file G:\games\steamapps\common\Knight and Merchants Historical Version\Kam Remake\Campaigns\On Foreign Lands - Empire Rebirn\OER01\OER01.dat"

"EAssertionFailed: Script record element count mismatches saved count (C:\Projects\KaM Remake Trunks\src\KM_Scripting.pas, line 923)"

Version 8000 is launched.
"In the game I get this message right away:
Script compile errors:
[Error] (37:40): Unknown identifier 'Utils'"

Do you have any ideas?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 27 Jan 2018, 20:38

Version 8000 is launched.
You are trying to launch 6720 version of campaign on 8000+ version of kam remake. If you are using newest beta 8000+ then my campaign is included. If you want to play this campaign download latest release 6720 from http://kamremake.com/download.
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 28 Jan 2018, 00:05

Are you kidding :D ? your mission is incredible i am now on 8 mission its hard :D You inspire me to create my own mission :) i'm happy that you continue on your mission.
I'm excited <3
<<

SuiSide

Peasant

Post 28 Jan 2018, 05:48

<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 28 Jan 2018, 10:45

I see there is not Slovak and czech language. Want you translate ?
<<

Emotion 98.3

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 28 Jan 2018, 12:41

Hi!

I just completed On Foreign Lands - Empire Reborn -campaing. (H)

Pros and cons:

+ Lots of new missions that doesn't only include building and fighting. For example, making resources to allies (Mission 11) is refreshing change.
+ Not too much stone -> you can't build your defence only on towers.
+ Challenging enough

- It is frustrating to send groups to spy at start of the mission. There could be more area showing at the start.
- Lots of uneven terrain. You need to fix terrain before you can build.

Notes:

- I played campaign with 8000+ Kam Remake version
- Need autorecruits script :D
- Before opponent attacks, there could be message that they are preparing to attack, so you don't have to save and prepare your own troops to defend
- Missions 7 and 5 are very hard but became easier when I managed to prevent first attacks.
- At the start of Mission 14 it is hard to understand what to do, because it is hard to see the are where the traitors are (in the upright corner)

Thank you for the great campaign! It was fun to play. :D

Some little bugs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Try my two player campaign: Co-op Knights I viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2877
- Try my two player campaign: Co-op Knights II viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3400
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 28 Jan 2018, 16:03

First of all, in r6720 there is no 'Utils' class so you downloaded incorrect version (for 8000+). Please use link marked as 6720.
The second issue is that don't know why, but sometimes game crahes on CampaignData file parsing. You need to change name of this file start first mission, close kam remake, open again and change filename back.

But as I said the problem is in incorrect version. You try to launch 8000+ on r6720. Download latest beta and enjoy for playing! :)

I see there is not Slovak and czech language. Want you translate ?
Sure! If you can translate please do this, I'll mark your effort in last mission script comments.
Also it's nice to hear that my scripts are inspired! Thanks! :)

@Emotion 98.3
Nice to hear that :) Of course I will track this bugs and correct them next week.
Have you try different variations? Check decision table (relations_eng) in campaign folder :)

Mission 5 can be different and depends on your choice in mission 4. Also if you protected the village in mission 2 you can get rid of them increasing difficulty in next missions.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 29 Jan 2018, 16:02

- It is frustrating to send groups to spy at start of the mission. There could be more area showing at the start.
Do you mean each mission is frustrating because of this or some missions only? Could you give me some examples?
I ask because in original campaigns were small revelead areas too. I think the best will be hold back for other players opinions.
- Lots of uneven terrain. You need to fix terrain before you can build.
Yeah it is for purpose sometimes :lol: Image of uneven terrain you attached is pointing for bug which was corrected already, but some missions are designed like that by purpose.
- Before opponent attacks, there could be message that they are preparing to attack, so you don't have to save and prepare your own troops to defend
Do you mean that every attack should be preceded by message? I surely can do this but I think that element of uncertainty should be present (6)
- At the start of Mission 14 it is hard to understand what to do, because it is hard to see the are where the traitors are (in the upright corner)
After killing troops that attacks you, there is information with GoTo button. You need to kill the rebels - this information was in briefing. Do you think this info should be added into first message?
<<

Emotion 98.3

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 31 Jan 2018, 16:11

I haven't yet tried different variations but maybe I should sometime. :rolleyes:

1. For example, in mission 9, it takes about 25min to spy the area. I'd like to concentrate only on building but that is just my preference.
2. I think it would be better if the terrain around the warehouse is flatten:
OER07_uneven terrain.jpg
OER11_uneven terrain.jpg
3. Only the time of first attack would be enough, for example, text like "spy has found out that the opponent will attack shortly" :D
4. Oops I didn't realise there was GoTo button on the message :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Try my two player campaign: Co-op Knights I viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2877
- Try my two player campaign: Co-op Knights II viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3400
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 01 Feb 2018, 09:14

Here is translate into Czech and Slovak

instal -- extract and file with name text.cze and text.svk copy into Campaigns > On Fereign Lands - Empire Reborn

another file into Campaigns > On Fereign Lands - Empire Reborn > OELnumber (number same as in text file)

Mybe isnt perect but i think that it is usefull
<<

cdfbr

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Feb 2018, 23:50

Wow, okay so im at mission 6, and its incredibly hard just to get past the first assault, but then after that a whole another army of like 60+ troops attack from the south. The west looks just as bad.

Any tips on how to get past this?

Is there a way to skip the mission without access to a storehouse?

Id like to see some of the other maps you have made and test them, but I am having trouble getting past mission 6.

I really liked Mission 2 (I think), In the snowy area where there's not much land to farm. It was a nice change to play a map where you are restricted to how much land you have available. Makes me want to create a map like it myself.

***** Bug: Mission 5, none of the trees can be chopped down by my wood cutters. Also I haven't played all the way through yet, but it looks like It could use a bit more stone?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 06 Feb 2018, 21:15

Hi! Thanks for feedback ;)
Wow, okay so im at mission 6, and its incredibly hard just to get past the first assault, but then after that a whole another army of like 60+ troops attack from the south. The west looks just as bad.

Any tips on how to get past this?
I don't understand what you mean. You got to the castle right? And then when first attack comes you cannot defence yourself it is correct?
So, you have super units which are able to kill 70% this troops before the reach your village. To strenghtness your defence you should build towers. I have not any saves from 6720 at this moment. But it was reported to me as medium difficulty. There are some changes in unit balance in 8k try this ;)
Is there a way to skip the mission without access to a storehouse?
Press F11 and then File -> Open Mission.
***** Bug: Mission 5, none of the trees can be chopped down by my wood cutters. Also I haven't played all the way through yet, but it looks like It could use a bit more stone?
This is known bug in 6720. Check this topic: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3557

You should try newest unofficial beta to test this campaign because 6720 version of it is not supported anymore.
Cheers!
<<

cdfbr

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Feb 2018, 00:21

Okay, I'm sure i've done something wrong, maybe not.

I downloaded 8000+ https://ufile.io/s363p, and I moved it to C:\KaM Remake\Campaigns\On Foreign Lands - Empire Reborn\.

These are some problems i'm getting....

- Mission One runs but gives me the error, Script Complie Errors: [37:40] Unknown Identifier 'Utils'

-Mission Two: An Error Has occurred while parsing the file C:\KaM Remake\Campaigns\..... \OER02\OER02.dat

EA Assertion Failed: Script Record Element Count Mismatches saved count [c:\projects\Kam Remake Trunk\src\KM_Scripting.pas, line 923]

-Mission Three Runs but i get a : Script Compile Errors: [Error] [3:49]: Unknown Identifier 'MAPTILESARRAYSETS'

-Misson 4: same as mission two error

-Mission Five Runs but up am in the upper left corner of the map with 10 different store houses, I get a : Script Compile Errors: [Error] [3:49]: Unknown Identifier 'SetMap'

And the rest of them give me errors, so i'm assuming that I need to download something else? The other version of your campaign didn't give me errors so I was using that one before. Now I installed this one, and removed the old one, it still gives me these problems.

Return to “Map Design”