PAKER TEAM [Campaign KAM REMAKE]

<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 10 Nov 2017, 10:54

Re: PAKER TEAM [Campaign KAM REMAKE]

Ahah i don't think is windows 10 fault in this case :P

Guys i test the map also on my brother Pc and i have the same lag. I have tried to speed up the CPU while running KaM, and also to run KaM with the dedicated Graphic Card, but nothing. I'm not an expert and i actually I don't understand the nature of the problem. If you have a possible solution tell me, so i will try :)
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Nov 2017, 08:47

I think that Rey should check this because static scripting is not allowing any commands which could cause laging.
I'm really surprised, because this mission works fine on 10 different computers (I tried with friends), but Black and RandomLyrics cannot play on this mission because of lag. I really don't know what is happening right now :)
I checked it on my laptop - mission starts well, I had no lags there.
Not sure what is the problem here.
The best way to check it for now - if Black or RandomLyrics try to comment code in OnTick procedure, as suggested earlier, and restart mission (no need to restart KaM_Remake).
<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 Nov 2017, 14:09

The best way to check it for now - if Black or RandomLyrics try to comment code in OnTick procedure, as suggested earlier, and restart mission (no need to restart KaM_Remake).
Yeah, they did it already :) Problem is in static scripting, this is the reason I ask you to check this, because non of us know what causes those lags.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 11 Nov 2017, 19:04

What static script provide that error then?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 11 Nov 2017, 19:24

What static script provide that error then?
Hi guys, after some tries, i've discover that the problem isn't due to the script file. Also by deleting it in the map folder, lag still remain. So it must be the DAT.file;
This lag occurs on random computers. This is not dynamic scripting issue because game lag without script file, so we need help with debug this mission. I know that this kind of bug is hard to catch because everything works perfectly on our computers. But maybe there is some issue on the code-side which cause problem.

In this mission are several players which attacks non-stop with 1 soldier. Maybe this command is causing lag? I mentioned it before
Yeah, I probably know what cause the problem. It's related to this issue opened on github some time ago:
https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remake/issues/381
If this problem occurs now, then probably will occur again.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Nov 2017, 07:40

Hi guys, after some tries, i've discover that the problem isn't due to the script file. Also by deleting it in the map folder, lag still remain. So it must be the DAT.file;
Ahh ok, I missed that post from @Black.
In this mission are several players which attacks non-stop with 1 soldier. Maybe this command is causing lag? I mentioned it before
Yeah, I probably know what cause the problem. It's related to this issue opened on github some time ago:
https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remake/issues/381
May be that's an issue.
@grayter, maybe you can provide test map without 1 soldier autoattack for @Black to test it then?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 12 Nov 2017, 08:43

Black & RandomLyrics, please swap .DAT with file attached below. Any changes?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 12 Nov 2017, 10:30

For me it lags too, and I wasn't even playing on my wooden PC, so I can't imagine it's my PC that can't handle it...

As for the mission itself: it's a funny thing you did with the stones 'falling off' the mountain, but I'm not sure if I like it. I didn't play it with sound enabled, but did you put any sound effects there? If not, I think you should consider it. Also, I think it would be better to give the player a little time to process what happened. Now when I start the mission, I'm being attacked right away and I see all these stones moving around which is very distracting. You could make it so that the rogues have to walk down before they start to fire, and maybe send the troops in a little later. Once the stones have fallen down the player receives a message like 'Oh no! We are trapped!' (or whatever) and right then all the troops come in... Of course, all of this is up to you, I'm just thinking about how I would make this mission. :P And I don't really know the story behind it anyway.

The map has some weird stuff. I don't really like the waterfalls except the one in the center of the map (that's a nice one). And although the original maps had it too (mission 20 TSK if I remember correctly), I absolutely hate 'left out tiles' in suspended bridges. The exit of the cave looks a bit sloppy too, although I admit that making stuff like that look nice is not always easy. Overall your mountains look pretty good. Interesting mission, good job.

Edit: I tried your new .dat file Grayter, but it made no difference. I don't see how lag could be caused by the .dat file anyway - I think it must be in the .script file.
Edit 2: However, deleting the .script file doesn't change anything, so scrap that.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 12 Nov 2017, 12:18

Ok one more try, please update your dat file with file attached below. I disabled all AI attacks. Run mission without script file. If game will still lag, then... I have no idea what is going on. This should be tested by someone who has access to game project I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 12 Nov 2017, 16:33

I try to replace the old DAT.file with this new one Grayter, but nothing

It seems I have found the problem :) The AI attacks are not the cause of lag, neither the SCRIPT.file, but the AI defence positions; I have delete all of them in the map, and now i have no more lag.
I actually don't know why this happens.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 12 Nov 2017, 17:34

The AI attacks are not the cause of lag, neither the SCRIPT.file, but the AI defence positions; I have delete all of them in the map, and now i have no more lag.
I actually don't know why this happens.
Perfect! Thanks for help, but I still think this is some game bug. Maybe @Rey could check this from code-side, but bug like this is very hard to catch, particularly when everything works perfectly on programmer's computer.

As programmers say: It's work for me :)
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 12 Nov 2017, 18:24

No grayter, sadly nothing changed.
Patrols are set with dynamic script, but we have seen that also without the SCRIPT.file , lag is still here. I can only say that deletting every Defence Position, has removed the lag. Don't know if it's one in particular, or if it's correlated to something else.
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 12 Nov 2017, 18:33

Yeah, I edit my last reply because I realized that this was not an issue. As I said this must be a game bug or we are missing something obvious. We have no idea how to fix this right now :'(
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Nov 2017, 20:45

I can only say that deletting every Defence Position, has removed the lag.
That's a good catch anyway, I'll try to figure this lag problem out, chech defence positions code
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Nov 2017, 20:57

Have found smth - if you check the log file, then you will see lots of lines with
  Code:
Unable to make a route for Bowman from (94;18) to (74;40) with "Can walk"
and similar wirh Pikeman.

Its probably because of some bug in defense positions reinforcements or smth like that. Or just too much of logging at the same time (and slow hdd, f.e.).

I fixed (or removed) problem defense positions, can you guys (Black / RandomLyrics / Dark Lord) try if it helps.

Return to “Map Design”