Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

PAKER TEAM [Campaign KAM REMAKE]

<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Nov 2017, 16:08

Re: PAKER TEAM [Campaign KAM REMAKE]

Time is for the 4th mission now! We have no way back, so we must go ahead and find the exit. We should be careful, because enemy left a few suprises :wink:
Mission 4: "Mountain passage"
Completed
Type: Tactic
Difficulty level: medium/hard
Win the condition: kill all enemies and find the exit.

Screenshots from 4th mission:
misja 4.1.jpg
misja 4.2.jpg
misja 4.3.jpg
misja 4.4.jpg
Link to download 4th mission:
Misja 4a.rar
I add the next mission after adding your feedback/replay about 4th mission. Guys really we need yours help. Thanks everyone for the replays!
In this mission we used many interesting dynamic scripts. Thanks for this i sending to andreus who few years ago helped us, but after new release it doesnt work good, and Grayer help us with dynamic scripting. Thank you Grayter very much!! I hope your job see a lot of people and just like me they will appreciate it. :D
I hope TDL, Thunder, Black and others also leave feedback here about this mission :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Nov 2017, 20:18

misja 4.2.jpg
So much patient on those mountains!
Keep it up!
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 09 Nov 2017, 10:09

Really good map design as always ;)

I've just tried to play the mission, but sadly i've a persistent lag since the begin, and so i'm not able to test the mission :( It's probably due to something in the script, but maybe this happens only to me cause of my stupid PC.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Nov 2017, 11:12

Really good map design as always ;)

I've just tried to play the mission, but sadly i've a persistent lag since the begin, and so i'm not able to test the mission :( It's probably due to something in the script, but maybe this happens only to me cause of my stupid PC.
Strange. Did you try play after 1 min? We have the effect of falling stones here. Maybe this effects lag your computer. Did you wait and try play after this moment? Grayter what do you think?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Nov 2017, 11:18

Hmm, after code analysis I found several potential issues. First, can you provide your computer approximate specification? I'm working on pretty old computer and there is no lags during gameplay.
Please try comment following lines in the script file: 191, 241-248 and then restart KaM Remake and try to play again.
Any changes?
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 09 Nov 2017, 18:13

My laptop characteristics :
Asus k550v
OS -> Windows 10
CPU -> Intel core i7 ( up to 3.5 ghz)
RAM -> 16 gb
Dedicated graphic card : NVIDIA geforce GTX 950m

It's clearly not due to the pc performance, but i need to say that this stupid laptop gave me some problems in general; Don't know what can be in this case, in general KaM always runs well.

I try to play for some min , and also to comment the lines you said Grayter but nothing changed. I prefer to not see the script by myself cause this will spoiler me the variuos events.

Quite sad for me, i really enjoy playing your maps guys :'(
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Nov 2017, 18:24

Play kam remake with compatible Windows xp sp 2? You can try
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 09 Nov 2017, 19:44

Have you tried to play this mission on another computer? Except lines to comment I found nothing more... This is stupid probably but can you check ram & cpu using during gameplay? Also try to comment entire OnTick procedure. If there is some bug it is in this block.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Nov 2017, 20:50

Same lag on my pc too. You have errors in .script. Maps lags coz of errors, check .log.txt file and fix it :)
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 09 Nov 2017, 21:19

Same lag on my pc too. You have errors in .script. Maps lags coz of errors, check .log.txt file and fix it :)
Log file was included in mission archive. Bugs reported in this file are not correlated to lags. Guys, I cannot reproduce this problem on any computer I have and I need your help with localize it. Can you try comment some lines in OnTick procedure?
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 09 Nov 2017, 21:26

Script doesn't provide any errors, in fact log file is empty. But I think it should be some procedure which occurs very often during the game, and so performance get bad.

Kam works well, so nothing changed with compatibility mode. I will try to give a look at the script and found the possible problem tomorow :)

P.s
During the game Cpu works normally, but fps is at 30 and normally I have 60
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 10 Nov 2017, 09:45

Hi guys, after some tries, i've discover that the problem isn't due to the script file. Also by deleting it in the map folder, lag still remain. So it must be the DAT.file; Don't know what exactly cause the problem maybe you've realized some parts of the map, with an older Version of Remake, and this gives problems with the new Version :|
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Nov 2017, 10:09

I don't understand. My PC is 2x worst than your. I don't have any lags here, Luki and Grayter too. Why?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

Post 10 Nov 2017, 10:18

Yeah, I probably know what cause the problem. It's related to this issue opened on github some time ago:
https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remake/issues/381

I think that Rey should check this because static scripting is not allowing any commands which could cause laging.
I'm really surprised, because this mission works fine on 10 different computers (I tried with friends), but Black and RandomLyrics cannot play on this mission because of lag. I really don't know what is happening right now :)
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Nov 2017, 10:37

Maybe Windows 10 is too weak. Im using win 7 :D. Who knows?

Return to “Map Design”