Autocomplete for Notepad++

<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Aug 2015, 21:41

Autocomplete for Notepad++

Hello,

I've created an autocomplete plugin for Notepad++. It now recognizes all Events, States and Actions supported by the KaMRemake.

Here an example:

How to install Hint/Autocomplete for pascal script?
First, download the newest version of Notepad++. Install the Program to a location of your choice.
Now download the Hint/Autocomplete-File (see attachments) and save it somewhere you remember. Extract the File from pascal_versionxy.rar into the "\Notepad++\plugins\APIs"-Directory. You may have to have admin privileges to do so.
Startup Notepad++ and set your Language to "Pascal".

Please let me know if I forgot something or made any copy-paste-errors. Thanks!

Best regards,
Strangelove

EDIT-Log:
  Code:
EDIT 09.08.2015: Added stuff. Fixed a few errors. EDIT 11.08.2015: Added version 0.9d. Action "AIGroupsFormationSet" was missing. Minor Improvements. EDIT 30.08.2015: Added newest version 0.9e. Removed older versions. EDIT 09.09.2015: Added a new version. Parameter was missing from procedure OnUnitAfterDied. Added some keywords. EDIT 24.09.2015: Added a more detailed description on how to install.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Strangelove on 24 Sep 2015, 12:56, edited 10 times in total.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 09 Aug 2015, 07:05

Re: Autocomplete for Notepad++

Awesome! :-)

Would you like to include that plugin into KaM Remake github repo and link to it from KaM Remake github wiki?
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Aug 2015, 07:26

That's really nice, I can't express how much I needed something like that back in the days when I was scripting a lot.
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 09 Aug 2015, 08:01

Thanks you very much, guys!
Awesome! :-)

Would you like to include that plugin into KaM Remake github repo and link to it from KaM Remake github wiki?
It would be an honor, but you should know that there are still some minor issues that needs fixing. For example, some of the descriptions are too long and so, they aren't displayed properly by notepad++. I will have to reduce the characters of said descriptions to make them practial.

That's really nice, I can't express how much I needed something like that back in the days when I was scripting a lot.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Yesterday I wanted to get back into scripting and discovered that I had forgotten pretty much all parameter of Events, States, and Functions and got frustrated pretty soon. Had I known that its possible to create a custom plugin for notepad++ when I started scripting, I'd have saved myself a lot of hassle...
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 09 Sep 2015, 16:22

Added a new version. Parameter was missing from procedure OnUnitAfterDied. Added some keywords.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Sep 2015, 23:15

This is very nice. Like really I love stuff like this when I am programming; and besides, programmers are the laziest people in the world :D I might get into scripting if we get more stuff like this ;p
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 11 Sep 2015, 08:30

To encourage more ppl to try scripting is the whole purpose behind that little file. :P (And my bad memory haha)
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 10 Oct 2017, 12:07

Being clickbaited by your signature @Strangelove, I've found this awesome plugin!

I think we need to add it to KMR wiki and make it more popular.

Have you made it manually or use some kind of script/tool/soft whatever?
Its good to automate this process, f.e. we have small tool (ScriptParser) to generate script wiki files for github from source code (source code has to be formatted in special manner).
Last edited by Rey on 10 Oct 2017, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 10 Oct 2017, 14:34

Wow this is fantastic! Really useful, the shame is that i've found out this only today :P
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 10 Oct 2017, 17:00

Wow this is fantastic! Really useful, the shame is that i've found out this only today :P
That is why we need to make it more popular, not many ppl knows about it
<<

Strangelove

Crossbowman

Post 10 Oct 2017, 17:24

Oh wow, I didn't know you guys haven't seen that before haha.
Well, I am glad you like it. Like the original post suggests - I've made this a while ago. :P

I'd be honored if it was added to the Wiki, and I hope it will help people to get into scripting more easily. (:

To your original question: I didn't use any software or anything. I just copied the texts from the Github Wiki and formatted it correctly. I think I just fallowed a tutorial. :'D
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 23 Mar 2019, 11:57

For Notepad++ version 7.6.3 you need to put pascal.xml into Notepad++/autoCompletion folder instead of Notepad++/plugins/APIs

Return to “Dynamic Scripting”