Rey

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 29 Sep 2017, 15:30

Re: Request for photoshop masters help

Interesting, that we have 2 types of stone tiles:
- default (tile 132 and 137)
- darker stone (129-131, 134-136)

Ben used mostly dark stones as well as new transition, that is why his mountain looks so 'dark, deep and cold'.

Btw, Ben, can you send me the mask you used for that snow-stone transition? I want to try it in my implemetation with other terrains.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Sep 2017, 18:39

The edges are important, nothing else. The edges makes the possibility to connect it with stone. Not need the grass area.
Anyway have to think on what type of tile would be under the exhaust stonehill. Greeny or snowy maybe murds (?)
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Sep 2017, 20:47

Anyway have to think on what type of tile would be under the exhaust stonehill. Greeny or snowy maybe murds
I can see 3 options now:
1. Make tile under stone mountain same as tile below it (from southern side of it).
2. Surface around mount could be different. Then on game start automatically calculate, what tiles are under all of the stone mountains. Not sure about exact algorithm, but it will try to make surface under the stone mountain equally different, as around it, instead of 1. approach, when all surface will be same as below tiles.
3. In addition to 1. or 2. add possibility to Map Editor to make any kind of terrain under stone mountain. F.e. you press some switch to hide all stone mountains, then draw something under them. Stone are always above everything then, upper layer. If map maker did not draw 'under stone' layer, then we can use one of the approaches above.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”