Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

TSK mission 11

<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Apr 2016, 17:25

Re: TSK mission 11

I haven't seen anyone actually beat it yet (I have been told by one member that he beat it, but he used my strategy).
Hey, that's me ! :P

But serious, go on...
<<

mandos

Farmer

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Apr 2016, 10:01

Well, if he can win with 0 losses vs 1 ts player, then we should call him the king of kam remake forever :D

P's:
If you think you can do it, don't choose fu, he is too much for this, choose a lower level player :D.
Hope to see playing vs (hi) human intelligence :)
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Apr 2016, 22:59

Is sado lower level enough? I hate 1v1s, but I might do one, for science.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Aug 2016, 01:59

I like your games cmowla, keep it up!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Aug 2016, 00:03

Yikes. Seems I missed quite the topic back in April.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 06 Sep 2016, 00:13

Bump.

I have been practicing my build, and I thought what better than try TSK 14? Below is a working replay and a screen-shot which represents my progress. It didn't take me very long to adjust, as I predicted. :rolleyes:

My army size almost matches Leeuwgie's, but my village had 25 fewer serfs, two fewer farms, two fewer swine farms, etc.
cmowla TSK14.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Sep 2016, 16:37

Bump.

I have been practicing my build, and I thought what better than try TSK 14? Below is a working replay and a screen-shot which represents my progress. It didn't take me very long to adjust, as I predicted. :rolleyes:

My army size almost matches Leeuwgie's, but my village had 25 fewer serfs, two fewer farms, two fewer swine farms, etc.
cmowla TSK14.zip
Nice work. I think you like a challenge, so i suggest this one. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2872
Deadline is expired long ago, but i am curious about your try (H) Good Luck
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Sep 2016, 22:12

Oh boy the archer challenge again. That thread is quite old now, I'm sure Cmowla has already seen it. Either way, his goals seem to not be aligned with making spam-economy ;)
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 10 Sep 2016, 02:29

With several more attempts, I now have a better build for TSK 14.

I gather from Leeuwgie's screenshot that he produced 37 bows and 36 pikes, when accounting for both recruits and weapons.

In this build, I produced 40 bows and 39 pikes with 45 serfs and no starvation.

I have attached the replay for those who are interested.
cmowla TSK 14 spam.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 22 Sep 2016, 00:27

I have been improving my build (experimenting with KaM Remake r6720 and recalling what I taught myself back in the day), and I just built a village for TSK 14 which produced 47 bows and 46 pikes in one hour.

Simply put, I produced 10 more pikemen and 10 more bows than Leeuwgie did; and I achieved this with only 3 farms and 57 serfs. I could have built at least another sawmill, but I managed without it.

Clearly my style of build is different than what I have seen on here, but I am a minimalist. 3 farms (in this formation with this exact set of fields) is more than enough to power 3 pig farms for the entire duration of their build time.

Can any of you "master builders" match this or do better, where the goal is to make the same number of pikes and bows or with a maximum difference of 1? For example, 48 bows/47 pikes OR 47 bows/47 pikes.
cmowla TSK 14 spam 2.zip
I guess I can't blame you for your perspective of me, since I haven't illustrated yet on here of my potential to understanding how the building mechanics of this game works in any replays. My laziness has got the better of me, I suppose. All I can say is, you've really got the wrong idea about my capabilities.
I rest my case. :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Sep 2016, 03:30

Three farms running three pig farms? O.o Nicely done!

Have you tried using only two schools? It's possible to train over a hundred recruits (before the first ones get hungry) with only two schools. However, if you must delay recruit production to get other things in order, then this is a small trade off.

I will watch and learn from this. Fu should like it, he is a fan of small bases iirc.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 23 Sep 2016, 21:51

Can any of you "master builders" match this or do better, where the goal is to make the same number of pikes and bows or with a maximum difference of 1? For example, 48 bows/47 pikes OR 47 bows/47 pikes.
I don't get it. What criteria exactly are we supposed to beat you in, then? If you say we should make the same amount of troops, so if we have more then we lose the challenge...
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 23 Sep 2016, 21:54

I don't get it. What criteria exactly are we supposed to beat you in, then? If you say we should make the same amount of troops, so if we have more then we lose the challenge...
I guess as long as both are greater than or equal to mine, then you've met the challenge.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 23 Sep 2016, 22:09

Well good job no doubt, this is nice for a single player setting or a multiplayer rush base, but those pig farms won't run so well 'after peace time'. Same with the coal wasting (that's a real no-go in multiplayer). But I guess it doesn't matter so much here.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 23 Sep 2016, 22:54

Well the principle should be about the same. He doesn't have to build a barracks on the coal. I didn't watch the replay yet (well not in detail anyway). Does he build three farms fast and then store corn? If he does, then he can always add a farm or two after peacetime no problem. This economy would still be competent on Teamspeak ;)

Return to “Strategy Central”