Remake hacked? or codes??

<<

Instrument

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 18 Aug 2015, 17:13

Remake hacked? or codes??

Hey!!! First sorry for my bad english..

I just played 1 map what you all hate (cursed with bonus). Me and my friend saw a very interesting thing: 1 guy with retribution didnt lose any food. Hes people didnt eat.

He didnt make any xbows or trade them, but still he had a lot of them after pt. And 1012 axes. 1105 gold in storehouse etc. Its not possible to make so much weapons in 85pt (see the pictures)

<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 19 Aug 2015, 02:21

Re: Remake hacked? or codes??

Which version of CR Bonus was it?

I know for sure that there are maps that have been edited so that 1 loc has either unlimited food or already has got weapons and armor for like 1000 troops or something.

Check the map editor if you still know this map and look up his warehouse.

By the looks of it this is definetely one
Et ego vici
<<

thibmo

Council Member

Post 19 Aug 2015, 06:54

Hey, I also have this map but I fixed it.
It's LLL v6.7 no-sniper.
Player pos 1 and 2 have a ridiculous amount of nearly everything in the store at mission start, 5k+.
Some asshole edited the map and shared it with others.
About the no food, that's survivor, then you don't need food. ;P
Check the pdf for more info.
Also..
The proper map:
Cursed Ravine LLL V6.7 No-Sniper Speed-bonus.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~~ The magic wizard of PascalScriptus. ~~

KP-Wiki :
  • Information about Knights Province scripting ( unofficial )
  • Information about several hosting/server maintenance basics
  • Other random stuff
<<

Instrument

Laborer

Post 19 Aug 2015, 08:56

Hey!!! thanks for answer.

This is version 9,1 which is giving weapons if you kill enemy troops. watch these screenshots, hes getting more and more resources all the time without making any.

something weird is happening. seems like its possible to use some codes or hack. i know survivalists its that food thing, but he take retribution.
<<

thibmo

Council Member

Post 19 Aug 2015, 11:54

Hey!!! thanks for answer.

This is version 9,1 which is giving weapons if you kill enemy troops. watch these screenshots, hes getting more and more resources all the time without making any.

something weird is happening. seems like its possible to use some codes or hack. i know survivalists its that food thing, but he take retribution.
Then it's either an unofficial build of KMR or edited script(The script runs client-side iirc)

KP-Wiki :
  • Other random stuff
<<

Tiank as guest

Post 19 Aug 2015, 13:43

It seems that it's just a map with edited script, that this guy've been sending to others. With unoficial mods of map it could always be a problem. You must be aware of that when downloading map from unknown player. Same thing happened (and probably is still happening) with Randziu's Furious Warriors.
<<

thibmo

Council Member

Post 19 Aug 2015, 14:17

It seems that it's just a map with edited script, that this guy've been sending to others. With unoficial mods of map it could always be a problem. You must be aware of that when downloading map from unknown player. Same thing happened (and probably is still happening) with Randziu's Furious Warriors.
And Cursed Ravine and ... and ...

KP-Wiki :
  • Other random stuff
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 19 Aug 2015, 15:45

I think we can consider this guy a cheater.. He did use a very smart way if i may say.. lol
Et ego vici
<<

thibmo

Council Member

Post 19 Aug 2015, 19:15

I think we can consider this guy a cheater.. He did use a very smart way if i may say.. lol
A sneaky bastard, indeed. :P
Adding per-tick... Nice trick, cudos to that but it's dirty and I hope this player feels bad about him/herself.

KP-Wiki :
  • Other random stuff
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 19 Aug 2015, 20:07

I hope this player feels bad about him/herself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzaMs5iaX7w
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 23 Aug 2015, 10:02

Yes, an inevitable part of allowing players to send maps to each other is that people can give a location benefits (either through the map editor or through the script) and then choose that location. You can't trust a map you downloaded from someone else. That's not hacking the game, it's cheating by convincing others to download your modified map.

I still think the benefits of transferring maps outweighs the fact that some players will use it to trick others and cheat. It's great for playing with friends when you trust the other players. It's great for map authors to test new versions of their maps. Mostly it doesn't get abused.

Maybe we need to display a warning when downloading maps to say you should only accept map transfers from players you trust? Players should be aware of this risk with modified maps.
<<

thibmo

Council Member

Post 23 Aug 2015, 10:36

Yes, an inevitable part of allowing players to send maps to each other is that people can give a location benefits (either through the map editor or through the script) and then choose that location. You can't trust a map you downloaded from someone else. That's not hacking the game, it's cheating by convincing others to download your modified map.

I still think the benefits of transferring maps outweighs the fact that some players will use it to trick others and cheat. It's great for playing with friends when you trust the other players. It's great for map authors to test new versions of their maps. Mostly it doesn't get abused.

Maybe we need to display a warning when downloading maps to say you should only accept map transfers from players you trust? Players should be aware of this risk with modified maps.
Could be a good idea, indeed.
Or maybe create an IDE for scripting that can secure everything with a password to grant writing privileges(and for read you don't need a pass).
It could be an idea.. Perhaps. :P

KP-Wiki :
  • Other random stuff
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 23 Aug 2015, 10:41

I guess no one will actually read the warning, let alone reject the map based on it. Just like everyone discards browser warning on opening just downloaded files.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Sep 2015, 23:01

(Late response) I don't think a warning message is a good idea, but only because it would be very annoying to see it each time you transfer a map. A global message (in the lobby lounge) giving out a warning would be nice. The more people we can educate about this "exploit" the better :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

Post 28 Sep 2015, 15:41

(Late response) I don't think a warning message is a good idea, but only because it would be very annoying to see it each time you transfer a map. A global message (in the lobby lounge) giving out a warning would be nice. The more people we can educate about this "exploit" the better :)

Or some common scense:P

personally id rather play maps that are original.. I try to avoid downloading other people's edits of maps for example ive seen:

Eruption normal
Eruption 2.0
Eruption 3.0
Eruption 3.1

And all of these maps were edites so that they pretty much didnt even look like the original maps anymore, totally inbalanced and different gameplay.

Then some CR maps.. People edited trees away from some locs so they can build faster without removing the trees. And then other locs in the same maps do have to deal with the trees. Even tough some original maps arent balanced either id rather play those then possibly scripted/edited maps
Et ego vici

Return to “Bugs”