Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Jeronimo's Idea

<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 09 Aug 2015, 20:38

Jeronimo's Idea

Imagine what would have happened if Serfs/Labourers/Workers in general could fight back with minimal attack values, so Militia Rush wouldn't dominate so easily (you could use your labourers are semi-soldiers by placing "roads" towards the ubication of rush units).
All the School units could have 2 HP and 25% attack (spearman value%).
It was suggested some years ago, but initiative was forgotten.
Last edited by Jeronimo on 13 Sep 2021, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Stay on Topic
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 10 Aug 2015, 04:33

Re: Found my childhood

@Jeronimo: That would be good, if 2 issues were solved:

- normally player can not control citizens. Letting player control them adds a ton of space for micro which the game does not need.
- prevent that from being used as an offensive thing (including by micro and smart plans placement)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 10 Aug 2015, 05:04

- normally player can not control citizens. Letting player control them adds a ton of space for micro which the game does not need.
- prevent that from being used as an offensive thing (including by micro and smart plans placement)
The control in citizens would be the same as now... which is none (only labourers with the place road marker).
Since the serfs/workers will have the same automatic tasks as always the mechanics remain the same, except for the addition that when being physically attacked by a melee enemy unit they will fight back with their fists... it surely needs a funny animation. If the serf wins the fight he will auto-search for new delivery task (which means the physical contact makes him lose his original path / item he was carrying as well), just as if in the moment he survives the fight, his status becomes "idle".

They only need the "fight back animation", and keep the same auto-search for tasks mechanics. The true benefits are that will surely stop any too early game raid, or at least weaken enemy troops inside city... I do consider it's logical and better for KaM mechanics (a normal reaction to someone unwelcome walking in your city streets).
With NO manual control of serfs/workers (as the idea is conceived), the suggestion is positive ++

The only ones with manual control are, and will still be the "labourers" (guys with shovel), yet they cannot get inside other bases because of the house territory (like the displayed by towers which killed the tower rush years ago).
If my use of word "worker" creates misunderstandings, I'm referring to the citizen with a specific work -> stonemason, fisher, farmer, etc
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

TheodorKarlsruhe

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 23 Sep 2015, 22:39

Re: Jeronimo's Idea

Labourers would have minimal power would bei great (reminds me to stronghold, when lions attack and the woodcutters react and together can beat up the lions). Why not in KAM? I would love it.
<<

thibmo

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Dec 2015, 19:14

1 - Keep it that way. :D
2 - Citizens can only attack when they are within a certain radius from first warehouse.
~~ The magic wizard of PascalScriptus. ~~

KP-Wiki :
  • Information about Knights Province scripting ( unofficial )
  • Information about several hosting/server maintenance basics
  • Other random stuff
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Dec 2015, 03:43

Re: Jeronimo's Idea

My thought on this: Having citizens attack back is great for games with low peacetime where a small amount of soldiers can make a game too short. This is very bad for long games where defenders get an advantage. Having a few soldiers breach a defence and killing lots of people does the offensive player a service, which is good imo. If it gets too hard to kill citizens, then the defender gets yet another advantage.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”