Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

sprites

<<

MartinR

Post 23 Dec 2008, 15:26

sprites

Does anybody has the sprite sheets from the units in the game?
<<

harold

Knight

Post 23 Dec 2008, 16:28

Probably not, but you're free to view/edit them all with the various editors, such as my own: www.freewebs.com/knightsandmerchants/downloads/GraphicsEditor.zip
If it gives a strange error when you try to start it, download and install the .NET framework 2.0 (or later)
<<

MartinR

Post 23 Dec 2008, 16:52

It Runs. But nothing happens when I load Unit.rx
<<

harold

Knight

Post 23 Dec 2008, 17:07

Well at least something should happen..
Loading unit.rx takes a while of course, but it doesn't look like it's doing nothing at all, so, can you tell me what you did (exactly) and can you take a screenshot of it doing nothing after trying to load unit.rx?
<<

MartinR

Post 23 Dec 2008, 17:32

After some waiting it works. Could be excepted from such a large file.
<<

MartinR

Post 23 Dec 2008, 17:33

Tnx

Yes. These are the sprites from the game. Thank you
<<

harold

Knight

Post 23 Dec 2008, 17:43

Ok good, you're welcome
<<

Tamastar

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 11 Apr 2018, 21:30

Re: sprites

The link is offline, are the sprites still available?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Apr 2018, 22:09

You can export sprites in Knights and Merchants Remake (if you don't know the remake, read more at http://www.kamremake.com). Once the Remake is running, press F11 to open debug menu, then use the "export data" drop-down menu to find what you are looking for.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Siegfried89

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Nov 2019, 15:13

Siegfried89 made a new topic for this post here.
Thanks,
-Ben

Hello Kam fans.I was searching for the Sprites too, in order to modify them. I want to add some Graphical improvements to this game. But in order to do so i need some information from a modders perspective.

My goals: Make Knights and merchants more bloody = change the ghost animations into dying animations of the fallen soldiers with blood - and if it is in ANY way possible ( i think so) - let the Bodys stay permament on the ground, so that it looks like a real Battlefield after a big battle. Maybe it is possible to loop the last Sprite so that they stay there.??
+ Adding Weather Effects like rain and flash and thunder, and Improved Audiofiles especially for the units with battle sound for immersion that will add perfectly battle atmosphere to it.

I know this is alot of work but im determined to do it myself if neccesary (for example the tons of different sprites i need for the death animations). Any helf would be great.
So editing itself is not the Problem, but is it just as easy as to put the edited sprites back in an RX file? I know how to open them, but how to compress it back to the RX files so that the game can read them? or are they neccesary at all?

It would be great If somwhere in this forum I recieve some help and answers my questions.
Have a great day fellows!
Last edited by Siegfried89 on 13 Sep 2021, 13:49, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Redirect to prevent duplicate discussion
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Nov 2019, 18:26

Maybe it is possible to loop the last Sprite so that they stay there?
Imho it would be better to paste them on a canvas overlayed on the terrain: this would keep the additional requirements in check and would allow for the endless stacking of corpses.
Adding any kind of permanent carnage will probably have to go through some source code editing, though.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “General Talk”