Armory Workshop after sawmill

<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Apr 2015, 09:13

Armory Workshop after sawmill

Hey all,

I have a question/request, wouldn't it be a good idea to have the armory workshop unlocked after you build your sawmill?
Because now you aren't able to produce any wooden shields before you have a tannery up.
Imo it would be a great idea to have it unlocked after your woodproduction because wooden shields have a nice value in the market, so doing it this way you can probably expect different strategies being used because it will be easier to do some trades.

As example you could go for iron only and make some fast armory workshops to trade wooden shields for iron ore (1:1) for example.

So I think this could open up the game just a little bit more :)

What are your ideas/opinions about this? ^^

Siem
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Apr 2015, 16:07

Re: Armory Workshop after sawmill

As far as I know the Market isn't intended to be an integral part of your economy, so I doubt that this change will be accepted... sorry.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Apr 2015, 17:46

yeah, the market is to make the end game continue after certain resources have been depleted (iron, gold. coal)
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 16 Apr 2015, 18:57

IIRC Ben suggested exactly the same change for the exactly same reason ;). My answer is - make a map with a script that allows it, Armor Workshop after Sawmill (or add script to a already existing map, however, if you design map for such a thing, it would be nice :)).
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Apr 2015, 19:04

Yeah I like the idea, but there are too many old-school guys around here that would never support such creative play ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Apr 2015, 08:46

Yeah I like the idea, but there are too many old-school guys around here that would never support such creative play ;)
Including me sorry. :)

PS.: In my opinion you can play whatever in building nowadays. Problem lays in unit balancing. (Shield patch rules!)

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”