Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Portuguese Translation

<<

Iggy

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Mar 2015, 20:38

Portuguese Translation

Took advantage of a saturday hour and here is the progress made.

TRANSLATION OF SITE FINISHED 21/04/2015

I'm only proof reading some sections.
  • FAQ (Perguntas Frequentes)

- FULLY TRANSLATED 21/03/2015.

- TRANSLATION NOTES: Proof reading if/when possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Contributting (Contribuindo)

- FULLY TRANSLATED 21/03/2015.

TRANSLATION NOTES: Proof reading if/when possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • About (Sobre)

- I PARTIALLY translated this page 21/03/2015.

TRANSLATION NOTES: Half the topics missing. Other notes still same as above.

- FULLY TRANSLATED 22/03/2015.

TRANSLATION NOTES: Proof reading if/when possible.

• LINKS

TRANSLATION NOTES: No Proof Reading necessary.

• Downloads (Baixar)

TRANSLATION NOTES: No Proof Reading necessary.

- ON HOLD 02/04/2015

This April 1st/2nd news makes me wonder if anything on the page will change soon and eventually might not require translating due to it. I'll await feedback.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Servers (Servidores)
  • Contacts (Contatos)

- FULLY TRANSLATED 20/04/2015

GENERAL NOTES: I made adjustments to the verbs and phrasing. I'm a portuguese native with a brazilian side and knowledge of their manner of speaking, although not perfect I still did what to my knowledge would be a very brazilian approach to the verbs.
    - Technical terms like "sprites" and Tiles remain not translated because its basically programming language. And in my three years learning how to, things like these usually are not translated unless for "inside the group" management/references. And since we're talking to the public here, there is no need for translation. Besides, it's easier to understand and pretty much an universal language.
    - Enlish terms like Fog of War and AI, I decided to remain as such. Probably not universal language, but it is "gamer" universal language pretty much. I don't think they require translation. Even if one foreign person doesn't know how to say it correctly, at least know pretty much what everyone is talking about.

I'd thank if the brazilian friend from the game translation would take a peak and maybe give me some feedback on this. While fully translated, some thing may be amiss. I'm one of those guys that agrees that even proof reading requires proof reading.

Hello,

I've seen some of the portuguese version of the site and even the game, I see it does require some polishing. I wonder the recurrence to google translator was 100% on this one, and I say that because of the way the laguage is written.

I'm a Portuguese native myself and here is my facebook (while not "personalized" I use it for basisc function mostly like contacts) https://www.facebook.com/CarvalhoIV.

I ask what can you provide or any advice for me to provide you the proper translations in return. That way I can be the most efficient, too.

I leave this topic here so everyone can know that I'm willing and anything portuguese related to translation, hey, why not leave here too.

Awaiting feedback,

Iggy
Last edited by Iggy on 21 Apr 2015, 01:47, edited 6 times in total.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 18 Mar 2015, 05:38

Re: Portuguese Translation

Usually that's one person in charge.
Currently Ian is helping us with Brazilian Portuguese game translation.
Usually we ask people to translate the game right before Release, when all the text lines are known and stable. But you can do the fixes and send them to us now too.

Game translations can be fixed with TranslationManager.exe. It changes LIBX files that store the texts.

Site translations are a bit different. Lewin knows more about them, but he is on little vacation from KaM these days.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Iggy

Serf

Post 18 Mar 2015, 20:29

Thanks.

I'll wait word from Lewin then on that case.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 21 Mar 2015, 04:41

Hi Iggy,
I sent you an email with instructions :)

Thanks for offering to help!
<<

Iggy

Serf

Post 21 Mar 2015, 14:13

Thank you very much for the instructions!

Already tested and works like a charm. You'll start seeing some changes there, soon :)

My pleasure!
<<

Iggy

Serf

Post 21 Mar 2015, 16:50

Took advantage of a saturday hour and here is the progress made.
  • FAQ (Perguntas Frequentes)
    - I fully translated this page.

SOME NOTES: I made adjustments to the verbs and phrasing. I'm a portuguese native with a brazilian side and knowledge of their manner of speaking, although not perfect I still did what to my knowledge would be a very brazilian approach to the verbs.
    - Technical terms like "sprites" and Tiles remain not translated because its basically programming language. And in my three years learning how to, things like these usually are not translated unless for "inside the group" management/references. And since we're talking to the public here, there is no need for translation. Besides, it's easier to understand and pretty much an universal language.
    - Enlish terms like Fog of War and AI, I decided to remain as such. Probably not universal language, but it is "gamer" universal language pretty much. I don't think they require translation. Even if one foreign person doesn't know how to say it correctly, at least know pretty much what everyone is talking about.

I'd thank if the brazilian friend from the game translation would take a peak and maybe give me some feedback on this. While fully translated, some thing may be amiss. I'm one of those guys that agrees that even proof reading requires proof reading.
  • Contributting (Contribuindo)
    - I fully translated this page.

SOME NOTES: Same as above pretty much.
  • About (Sobre)

- I PARTIALLY translated this page.

SOME NOTES: Half the topics missing. Other notes still same as above.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 21 Mar 2015, 17:14

@Iggy: Nice :) It's great to see helping hands.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Iggy

Serf

Post 22 Mar 2015, 21:11

Updated. 22/03/2015
Last edited by Iggy on 02 Apr 2015, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Iggy

Serf

Post 02 Apr 2015, 17:54

Updated. 02/04/2015
<<

Iggy

Serf

Post 21 Apr 2015, 01:48