Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

I need help!

<<

Xfuryion

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 05 Feb 2015, 21:30

I need help!

Hello fellow KaM players, I need help! Since level 11 I am experiencing heavy surviving issues. In level 11 I got totally annihilated and after many frustrating attempts I skipped the mission.
Then came mission 12, this one was not that hard so I succeeded. After mission 13 I came to mission 14 and I am really stuck here. It does not matter what I try, I constantly get annihilated.

A big issue is that there are no trees so building my town sometimes is at an hold. Around the hour mark the green AI in the bottom comes and attack. I can defend that attack but I lose my defenses completely. As soon as the combat starts the green AI comes with all his units and kills my units and the units of my ally AI. After the attack you would think that you would have some time to rebuild your defense, wrong. The green AI produces constant attacks and on top of that the black AI comes sometimes as well. Even when spawning a shitload of Scouts with the Debug cheats I get annihilated.

What am I doing wrong? How can I produce enough units to defend both the AI's when there are constant attacks?

I can not even think how the last mission would be if this mission is already so hard.

This is The Shattered Kingdom campaign by the way and I am playing r6720 of the Remake.
I would love to hear how I can complete this mission without getting frustrated. A game should be fun but I do not enjoy this mission.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Feb 2015, 22:10

Re: I need help!

if cmowla does not beat me to it i will see if i can get a build up for you.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 05 Feb 2015, 22:39

if cmowla does not beat me to it i will see if i can get a build up for you.
If you want to do a build for mission 11 and 14, then I'll let you. If for some reason you don't want to play one of these missions for him, let us know and either I or one of us can show him how to beat it in addition to your replay for the other mission.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Xfuryion

Laborer

Post 05 Feb 2015, 22:52

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it. I am curious what I am doing wrong but I will find out soon enough.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 06 Feb 2015, 10:43

@dicsoupcan,
I really am looking forward to your replays. However, I changed my mind about not playing these. :mrgreen:

@ Xfuryion,
Here's how I prefer to play these two missions when I don't beat them quickly. This type of game play will either make the game very boring or very fun. Regardless, it's a sure way to beat these missions "with ease".

These are full games. A little over two hours each. Both replays work.

(Dicsoupcan probably knows of a more efficient building order to create troops faster because he plays multiplayer.)
TSK 11.zip
TSK 14.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Feb 2015, 11:53

No no no no no that's not true, Dicso doesn't play Mp since months :D hehe
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 06 Feb 2015, 15:49

well here they are, i was a bit sloppy at tsk11 but it will still do easily. i should not have went for the ''minefield'' hehe. but yeah this should do. and do not mind me messing around at the end of tsk 14, you don't have to do that :)

basically most kam campaign missions are like this: http://youtu.be/iy8-hNyWEEw?t=49s
tsk11.rar
tsk14.rar
oh and killer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

edit: damn you, you still beat me to it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dicsoupcan on 06 Feb 2015, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 06 Feb 2015, 15:57

I don't listen to a filmstar/politicus :D
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Xfuryion

Laborer

Post 07 Feb 2015, 16:34

They still killed me but now I tried an different approach.
I actually won the mission on myself now.

I attacked one of the green watch towers with a Scout and made them follow me all the way up the map and killed all their Serfs and Builders with my remaining scouts.
Now I can build at a slow pace and I only need to worry about the black AI.

But thanks for the replays, I have now even more knowledge. I watched both from cmowla and dicsoupcan and learned a lot. :)
<<

Al Collins

Laborer

Post 15 Oct 2019, 21:10

Well, dang! If you can cruise through TSK Mission 13, would you be kind enough to share it with old Al?
I simply CANNOT get through those green army guys!

Any help would be GREATLY Appreciated!

Al

Return to “Strategy Central”