Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New Campaign On Foreign Lands

<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Jan 2015, 08:51

Re: New Campaign On Foreign Lands

Hello grayter. I've had fun with your campaign so far but I've gotten to mission 7, where you have to free the prisoners and then rebuild the town.

I'm still making the first buildings like the gold mine and coal mine to finally be able to train new units, but suddenly the enemy attacks me. A group of dark green lancers attack my fisherman's and a group of dark green archers attack my storehouse. After destroying the buildings they return to their positions. This can't be intentional, right? Is this a known bug?
<<

grayter

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Jan 2015, 10:33

Hello grayter. I've had fun with your campaign so far but I've gotten to mission 7, where you have to free the prisoners and then rebuild the town.

I'm still making the first buildings like the gold mine and coal mine to finally be able to train new units, but suddenly the enemy attacks me. A group of dark green lancers attack my fisherman's and a group of dark green archers attack my storehouse. After destroying the buildings they return to their positions. This can't be intentional, right? Is this a known bug?
Please send me a replay of this mission.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 12 Jan 2015, 12:17

Hey,

I didn't have the save file anymore, so I tried to replay it one last time. This time it worked properly, so I was able to finish it.
I wish I saved the replay because I attempted the mission 3 different times and it happened every time. Anyway, now that I finished it, I found it an enjoyable mission, the concept of having only one builder and essentially having to make an entire town with him was very cool. Maybe the group of Knights you receive as reinforcements is a little bit too big? Since the enemy doesn't really make that many troops. Once I got the knights, I didn't have to create a single unit anymore. 12 or maybe 15 would be better! Moving on to mission 8 now! :)
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 14 Jan 2015, 12:49

Here I am again :) just a quick question.

Does anyone have a replay of mission 8 that they can upload? Current release please. There is one earlier in this topic but it's for an earlier release of Kam remake and I don't want to bother with installing older versions :)

Thanks! I can't beat the mission without some help.
<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Apr 2015, 15:53

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this in the previous six pages... but...
on the first mission of this campaing my serfs don't seem to want to carry goods "far away". For example, my iron foundries are "too far away" from the store where all the iron ore is!

I built a gold foundry "far away" and it didn't work. I rebuilt it close to the storehouse and it did work...

Any ideas?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Apr 2015, 16:55

You need to hire more serfs. When there are too few of them they prefer only nearest deliveries.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Soldado con espada

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Apr 2015, 18:13

You need to hire more serfs. When there are too few of them they prefer only nearest deliveries.
I'll try it, thanks!
I guess that's how the behaviour of the serfs is coded in the remake, or was it like that in the original version?
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 07 Apr 2015, 11:27

I can't beat mission 11, due to the way I built my town. I don't have enough space to fight, pic:

I'll have to restart the mission and build differently so that I have more space by the gap. Any tips?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Apr 2015, 13:29

yep, that's a classic mistake. Especially in mutiplayer, people don't understand that they cannot build blindly I'm their fighting space. It's nice that you detected this problem on your own.
I've never actually played this mission, but I recommend tryng to place woodcutters or farmers in areas of fighting space if you need to build there. This will enable you to use the space and also fit soldiers there at the same time.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 07 Apr 2015, 14:10

It was my first time trying the mission and as I was still exploring I hadn't figured out yet that that would actually be my fighting space :) there's a gap at the top of the map where I initially thought I could fit my armies through but it is blocked by a tower that can't be attacked.

Funny thing is, around the area where my market is, it was initially an area with trees but I chopped them down since I thought I really needed that space for other buildings. So guess I'll just have to try the mission from scratch, with this knowledge in the back of my mind :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Apr 2015, 15:30

There is a very easy solution. It is related to my avatar.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 07 Apr 2015, 17:20

When will you change it to a barrack? XD
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

Post 09 Apr 2015, 08:41

There is a very easy solution. It is related to my avatar.
:D You know I'm completely with you regarding the market. But in that particular mission, I don't think I can win it without a market, as there just isn't enough space to build in :)
<<

Post 22 Jul 2015, 13:40

I had this bug too...

If you still want the replay, here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ffbd2 ... ith/Bug.7z
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 27 Jan 2017, 09:46

Hi!

I want to add default save name/mission title for this Campaign. This is the only Campaign which missed it.
Its set in campaigns *.libx files, on line '1:'
In 'The Shattered Kingdom' and 'The Peasants Rebellion' campaigns there is 1:TSK %d and 1:TPR %d respectively, in 'The Federation of Neryn' - 1:Neryn (%d), in 'An Empire Destroyed' - 1:Umbodia (%d), but in 'On Foreign Lands' we have no 1: line

I can set here its code name, which is REV (have no idea why REV actually), but I do not like it.

Its better if campaign creators can suggest some short name for this.

Return to “Map Design”