Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Dancing Trees

<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 20 Dec 2014, 20:16

Dancing Trees

I've finally managed to record a bug that's been bothering me at least since RC3! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZiR7NfGyKw

The bug is particularly evident in the second half of the video.

The zoom level should be 100% (I had just opened the map, and hadn't modified the zoom level yet), and the video is recorded from the Map Editor in r6720
The map is Across the Desert, but I've noticed it in other maps too.
It seems to disappear when changing the zoom level, and maybe also when scrolling the map.

Bonus song for the attention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Dec 2014, 03:10

Re: Dancing Trees

i already reported this a long time ago and asked them not to fix it, because i find i hilarious :SD
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Dec 2014, 07:57

(Warning: Paraphrase) Krom said that this bug is very hard to fix. He also said that since the bug is quite rare and quite harmless and funny, he intends to leave it in the game as an "Easter Egg" :mrgreen:

I believe that the bug is caused when the edge of a window "behind" The Remake overlaps a tree.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Dec 2014, 08:02

They can dance if they want to, they can leave their friends behind. Cos their friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well, then they're no friends of mine.

Let trees dance!
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Dec 2014, 08:22

Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “Bugs”