Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Nov 2014, 01:51

Re: Vatrix's Campaign Fixes

I agree with Lewin. I loved seeing the AI build on their own when I was a kid. I remember killing all the enemy soldiers and then just building in peace with the AI! Good times :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Nov 2014, 10:16

Mission 14 Remove thoose roads and AI will be fixed
Mission 15 AI nr 5 builds without a query as of rc3 and maybe reduce food amount to force ai to building bigger city?
Not sure if it is good to let AI build it's own village, because there are still differences between TSK, TPR and Remake AI. I think I will build their city.
I think it would be best to let the AI build their city, that's sticking closer to the original campaign. When I first played TSK I remember being amazed when I saw the AI building their village in mission 9. The AI builder in the Remake is very different yes. If the storehouse contains sufficient resources it will not build houses to produce that resource. So you could make it more like TSK by reducing the number of resources in the storehouse. You can also control the rate at which they produce soldiers. I understand it would be hard to balance though...
I will look closer on it, the biggest problem is, you can not set "borders" of AI village, it would be useful to have this option in mapED - it will solve almost all problems. Balancing need a lot of testing, but since my fixes will not be added in this release I have much more time, so I promise I will try to balance it.
Thanks,
Vatrix
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Nov 2014, 13:17

Vartix why not ask Lewin about making block road building mark like that red one that blocks passing but this one should stop from building roads
other was is using tiles
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 21 Nov 2014, 13:33

I will look closer on it, the biggest problem is, you can not set "borders" of AI village, it would be useful to have this option in mapED - it will solve almost all problems. Balancing need a lot of testing, but since my fixes will not be added in this release I have much more time, so I promise I will try to balance it.
Thanks,
Vatrix
I believe a borders option was being worked on.
Since this was indeed an issue with the previous version of the campaign.
but don't quote me on that.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 21 Nov 2014, 21:56

Well AI now tries to build as close to storehouse as posible it changed in rc3
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 23 Nov 2014, 21:03

One important question: All TSK maps have badly placed tiles and sometimes terrain looks really ugly in Remake. Should we leave maps untouched or fix these things? I've tried to fix some maps, just to see how it looks, but it will be probably better if some pro-mapmaker like TDL, Ben,... fixes it.

And I saw script command to block AI building in certain areas is already on Todo, it will be really good thing to have in this release, so I can fix building issues easier.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 24 Nov 2014, 09:16

One important question: All TSK maps have badly placed tiles and sometimes terrain looks really ugly in Remake. Should we leave maps untouched or fix these things? I've tried to fix some maps, just to see how it looks, but it will be probably better if some pro-mapmaker like TDL, Ben,... fixes it.
I think minor changes are ok, Service Release 3 made minor fixes to the maps (like making water flow in the correct direction on some TSK maps). I'm sure other people will have an opinion on this though.
And I saw script command to block AI building in certain areas is already on Todo, it will be really good thing to have in this release, so I can fix building issues easier.
That won't be implemented for this release, but remind me some time afterwards and I can look into it.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 24 Nov 2014, 12:54

To block AI building outside of thier terrain place unwalkable tiles and then replace them with correct ones.
So the AI will be blind
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 24 Nov 2014, 21:46

I think minor changes are ok, Service Release 3 made minor fixes to the maps (like making water flow in the correct direction on some TSK maps). I'm sure other people will have an opinion on this though.
I mean big changes, like fixing the whole map to look proffesional-like.
That won't be implemented for this release, but remind me some time afterwards and I can look into it.
That's really a pity, is there any other way to do this?
To block AI building outside of thier terrain place unwalkable tiles and then replace them with correct ones.
So the AI will be blind
I don't understand.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Nov 2014, 17:33

Block roading building by using tiles that disallows building or
use dynamics scripts place tiles that disallow building roads and change them back after some delay to normal ones
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 30 Nov 2014, 15:15

I have an idea for mission 12, I added script to block some wares in storehouses to stop those annoying traffic jams, but with this script cities look dead after some time, just some serfs moving, but most of them don't have work. So let's go to my idea for making script for infinite iron, coal or gold in mountains for these villages, that would mean no iron/gold/coal in storehouses and more serfs moving! Of course after some time this script stops changin tiles in mountains, so these resources will be infinite just for a while :O . Tell me your opinions or another ideas how to solve this problem :wink: .

And next:
Finally I'm at mission 14, where is still my biggest dilemma about AI's building. I know I'm speaking about it over and over, but please think about it for a moment. In this mission player can't see AI building it's village, so there is an option for me to build nice village for it (I don't like to do that, because I love when AI is building it's city in TSK) or there's second option, to let AI build it's own village, but for that I need special option for AI to set where it can build in THIS release. Second option means more work for Krom and Lewin and moving release date, but for me it means last TSK problem solved in very nice way. First option gives devs some rest for a while, but we won't have building AI for some time in this campaign. I tried to balance AI's supplies to make it build right, but in 7/10 cases it didn't work right. Any other ideas? I really would like to see fixed TSK campaign in Remake, what about you? :-)

Thanks,
Vatrix
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 01 Dec 2014, 06:36

I have an idea for mission 12, I added script to block some wares in storehouses to stop those annoying traffic jams, but with this script cities look dead after some time, just some serfs moving, but most of them don't have work. So let's go to my idea for making script for infinite iron, coal or gold in mountains for these villages, that would mean no iron/gold/coal in storehouses and more serfs moving! Of course after some time this script stops changin tiles in mountains, so these resources will be infinite just for a while :O . Tell me your opinions or another ideas how to solve this problem :wink: .

And next:
Finally I'm at mission 14, where is still my biggest dilemma about AI's building. I know I'm speaking about it over and over, but please think about it for a moment. In this mission player can't see AI building it's village, so there is an option for me to build nice village for it (I don't like to do that, because I love when AI is building it's city in TSK) or there's second option, to let AI build it's own village, but for that I need special option for AI to set where it can build in THIS release. Second option means more work for Krom and Lewin and moving release date, but for me it means last TSK problem solved in very nice way. First option gives devs some rest for a while, but we won't have building AI for some time in this campaign. I tried to balance AI's supplies to make it build right, but in 7/10 cases it didn't work right. Any other ideas? I really would like to see fixed TSK campaign in Remake, what about you? :-)

Thanks,
Vatrix
mission 12

for npc 4 it's ok.
But npc 2 and 3 can be taken over, thus giving the player more resources.

mission 14

give the npc's a ready to go village for now.
the devs deserve some rest, and not a lot of people play the campaign.
so in the release after this one it can be fixed for real.

in my opinion the gains don't outweigh how much we need it.

i'm very happy that you are so dedicated :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Dec 2014, 07:18

Blocking AI from building in certain areas won't be implemented for this release. It's not a simple change, and we don't want to delay this release by another month for just one minor feature. If we keep adding every feature that is requested this release will never be finished. I agree it is a useful feature so I would be happy to add it after this release and send you a beta version.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

Post 01 Dec 2014, 07:27

Blocking AI from building in certain areas won't be implemented for this release. It's not a simple change, and we don't want to delay this release by another month for just one minor feature. If we keep adding every feature that is requested this release will never be finished. I agree it is a useful feature so I would be happy to add it after this release and send you a beta version.
How you say my lord! :mrgreen:
So just for now, missions where AI builds its village will be marked as half-way fixed.

And for other guys: Please dont forget to read post about mission 12, its important!
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 02 Dec 2014, 12:21

How you say my lord! :mrgreen:
So just for now, missions where AI builds its village will be marked as half-way fixed.

And for other guys: Please dont forget to read post about mission 12, its important!
i responded to mission 12 >.>

Return to “Map Design”