Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ben's Revenge Map Won in 61.75 Minutes in r5503!

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 04 Nov 2014, 05:14

Ben's Revenge Map Won in 61.75 Minutes in r5503!

Even though Revenge has been removed from the latest release, I actually played it (to the very end) recently for the first time, and it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be!
cmowla Revenge in 1h1m44s.zip
I'm curious what Ben thinks about my replay. :D

Clearly this map can be won faster in the newest release, but I played it in r5503, as I was curious how long it would take me to beat it in this version when I saw that a guy on YouTube took over 7 hours!

I don't see what was so bad about this map that Ben didn't want it in the newest release (he probably stated why somewhere though), especially since the "On Foreign Lands" campaign is being considered.

Still have yet to play TDL's old campaign...by the high single player ratings, clearly I'm missing out. :$
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2014, 02:56

Re: Ben's Revenge Map Won in 61.75 Minutes in r5503!

I still think that Revenge shouldn't have been put in the Remake. Ugly map and gameplay that's just ridiculous. (mostly the map though. Terrible). I made the map when I was 14. I don't want people to judge my current work by Revenge's standards.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 05 Nov 2014, 04:40

Oh, okay. Now I remember. For what it's worth, I think you did pretty well when you were 14...you're sounding like an overachiever (which is great, I love that). Good luck to you! :)

Anyway, I thought I let you know that I enjoyed it, regardless, and I just wanted an excuse to get some posts in this sub-forum.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Nov 2014, 15:41

Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Nov 2014, 20:44

Still have yet to play TDL's old campaign...by the high single player ratings, clearly I'm missing out. :$
Are you planning on playing it in the Remake? I hope not, because it is not suitable for the Remake. I suggest playing it in TPR, despite all the bugs TPR has. If you really want to play it in the Remake, you can download the first 6 missions from the map archive. However, they are just single missions and there are no storylines or briefings. It will also take a loooong time before I updated the whole campaign for the Remake, because there is uncertainty about siege weapons and because I have no time at all these days.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Nov 2014, 21:06

Are you planning on playing it in the Remake? I hope not, because it is not suitable for the Remake. I suggest playing it in TPR, despite all the bugs TPR has. If you really want to play it in the Remake, you can download the first 6 missions from the map archive. However, they are just single missions and there are no storylines or briefings. It will also take a loooong time before I updated the whole campaign for the Remake, because on average i need 5 years to finish one map
fixed it for you :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Game replays”