Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Differences between remake and vanilla

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Sep 2014, 22:52

Re: Differences between remake and vanilla

then there is no choice left but retry the mission myself, see if i can beat it.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 06 Sep 2014, 00:36

Yes, Mission 8 is very damn hard.
There is a thread with tips.
Basically, build at least 9 towers. and make the AI's follow your plan, not his.
<<

xcruciusx

Serf

Post 06 Sep 2014, 02:09

I just cheated to get past that to mission 11 but it's like, really, what's the point in doing this
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 06 Sep 2014, 03:07

I just cheated to get past that to mission 11 but it's like, really, what's the point in doing this
The Challenge?

Mission 12 my tactics:
http://pastebin.com/g002PGMq

layout:
http://i.imgur.com/Rd6PUbT.jpg

For more help, head to the
viewforum.php?f=4
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 06 Sep 2014, 12:04

well, maybe this replay will help you
Saves.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

xcruciusx

Serf

Post 08 Sep 2014, 12:33

Thanks! that worked :) I just find it very hard to set up an army quickly, and that's where I fail. Right now, on mission 14, the enemy attacks just as I'm finishing my fourth pig far, it's really tough. If you have like a directory of strategies like that pastebin, could you share?

And thank you dicsoupcan, that strategy also worked :)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Sep 2014, 16:02

it's all about practise young whippersnapper, glad i could help despite the replay having a sloppy start :) (mods, strategy central movement plz? xD)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 16 Sep 2014, 17:30

actually when playing the original tpr again i noticed something, the fisherman is unlocked right after building the inn, while in the remake it is unlocked after the sawmill. on top of that, the fisher had no 1005 fish catch rate, he often just came home without fish (my guess it was 50/50, just a wild guess). funny to still notice a few differences :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Sep 2014, 20:31

I don't remember a fisherman having a chance to not catch fish. Are you sure? Only difference that I know of is that he caught only 1 fish at a time.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 16 Sep 2014, 20:35

I don't remember a fisherman having a chance to not catch fish. Are you sure? Only difference that I know of is that he caught only 1 fish at a time.
i actually kept watching him, one time he came back home without fish (and walked with an empty bucket) and the other time he came home with 2 fish (and a full bucket). i started wathcing him because i was wondering why i had no fish in my inn 2~5 mins after building him ( right after the inn).
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Sep 2014, 01:40

Are you sure he wasn't just fishing in a empty lake? I seem to remember that they would continue to "fish" after the resource was exhausted.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 17 Sep 2014, 10:51

i build it right after the inn, in the lake that contains fish. to be more precise, next to the lakes of loc 1 across the desertt( see in the remake map editor, both ponds have 30 fish in them)

edit: ok i know what the problem was, tpr deceived me. in the original kam there is some lag between the citizen enteriing the house and the resource being added. so sometime si saw him go into the house and no fish appearing, because by the time it appears it was offscreen already. but the fisher is unlocked after the inn instead of the sawmill though.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”