Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Color palette

<<

Freddy

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 Aug 2014, 20:32

Re: Color palette

If you really change my light green color from the multiplayer, that is known since tsk 12 or sth. like that, just because you have some problems, how colors in computergames look like ( from 1999) , I will burn your barracks down, will eat all your food in your town and kill every single wolf in your region. I am on holidays now and I don't want to discuss anything or hear any senseless arguments about COLORS, man wake up, changing colors to more natural ones??!
You mean that neon green?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Aug 2014, 02:29

Haha, all the rage I initally had has been well represented by Pawel :D
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Aug 2014, 06:38

OMG DEY TOOK MAH CALORHZ BUUUUURN

Guys (that goes equally to Ben and Paweł), aren't you slightly oversensitive on the colors you are using? xDD And besides, I am also using light green and I personally think the change made it look muuch better.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Aug 2014, 19:21

Guys (like sado), don't you think the colors are fine how they are now? Aren't there any more important things??Sure we can also go for changing the color of the ducks (no I don't mean neon ducks) or just play a bit with the haircolor of the labours. Maybe modern labours haven't this style of hair.

I am not sure what you mean with neongreen. There was no original name for a color called "neongreen", I mean light green, just watch the last part of the TSK campaign .-.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Aug 2014, 02:45

OMG DEY TOOK MAH CALORHZ BUUUUURN

Guys (that goes equally to Ben and Paweł), aren't you slightly oversensitive on the colors you are using? xDD And besides, I am also using light green and I personally think the change made it look muuch better.
Oversensitive...yes; I can admit that I am overreacting. I guess that's easier to admit because in retrospect, I don't see why I was bothered so much. I've already started to conform to this more "professional" colors. Still, sado, it would be easier to understand why Pawel and I feel this way if you didn't change your color every flipin' game xD
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Aug 2014, 07:05

But I am using like 2 colors at max nowadays. Olive and Paweł's green :P
Also, I agree with
Aren't there any more important things?
but I do not see this as an argument to not touch colors. Can somebody explain to me why the most bullcrap topics tend to give us the most heated discussions here? xD
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Aug 2014, 15:26

you could probably switch the colors and most people wouldn't quite notice
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

Post 05 Aug 2014, 15:55

Can somebody explain to me why the most bullcrap topics tend to give us the most heated discussions here? xD
The stupidest little things always get most heat. People are reluctant to tackle big things. The small things are easy to get all mad about :)
you could probably switch the colors and most people wouldn't quite notice
Yeah... I should have just kept my mouth shut about this :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Aug 2014, 01:57

Aren't there any more important things?
Yes, but I guess Freddy can't help with the most important things like coding so he chose something that was within his capabilities. From my point of view copy pasting some colours from the forum is very easy and doesn't take much time. All of the "important" things on my todo list are difficult tasks that are not much fun. It's nice to work on something easy for a change.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 12:19

Wait, I´m too lazy to look it up. The "black" enemey in TSK (The final boss) was supossed to be black? He was a bit grey-ish i know, but wasn´t there another enemy in the TPR campaign that was really black?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Aug 2014, 12:39

Wait, I´m too lazy to look it up. The "black" enemey in TSK (The final boss) was supossed to be black? He was a bit grey-ish i know, but wasn´t there another enemy in the TPR campaign that was really black?
KaM only had 256 colors so there weren't many shades of grey to choose from. So I think there might have been some enemies that were pure black.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 15:49

Ok, one more thing. Finally I have seen the new colors in game. I don´t get it. Why TSK has still the nice looking green (neon) color but this green in multiplayer looks like a simple dark green color? :P :P

Don´t come please with statements like "oh, cry about colors now?" but it´s also a piece of old memories, to remember the good old times from KaM.

I already described here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2150 why I like my neon green, so I don´t get it why I have to choose another color now /play with another one :o ?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Aug 2014, 16:33

Just to be clear I'm not at all opposed to reverting certain colours or changing them further. There might even be room to add another green without them being too similar. Comparing r5503 bright green with RC2, I agree it is a very different green and it seems like a shame that the r5503 green is removed (especially given that it is used in the campaigns). Do you think it's different enough to be included alongside the existing greens in RC2?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 17 Aug 2014, 17:30

Well if I am correct, there are 3 colors:

Light(neon)green that looks totaly different. Yellow, was before Lauenburgs yellow from tsk4, now it isn´t even yellow I would say, troops look like orange. And if you watch tsk07 as an examplle this purple/pink color isn´t also really findable in the multiplayer colors.

All other colors look quite good(maybe because they weren´t changed in rc2) like red,black,darkblue.
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

Post 17 Aug 2014, 19:05

I do understand why you would like to keep the colors already represented in the campaigns etc. but I personally see it completely opposite, that colors in the MP are in no relation to the SP colors and I don't see why they can't have a completely different palette, that is better balanced (in my opinion).

The neon green... are we all talking about this color: ? If yes, that is exactly the color (that I hate) that led me to this suggestion to change colors altogether.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”