Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Clear a save slot

<<

MrMew

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Jul 2014, 02:14

Clear a save slot

Is it possible to clear a save slot. I know they can be overwritten, but if they can be cleared how would I do it?
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Jul 2014, 04:14

Re: Clear a save slot

Is it possible to clear a save slot. I know they can be overwritten, but if they can be cleared how would I do it?
Well, firstly you should get the KaM Remake where you can name saves and delete them within the game:
http://www.kamremake.com/

But for the original game, there's no way to clear save slots. You could do it manually by deleting the save file and modifying the file that stores the label for each slot, but that's probably more effort than it's worth.
<<

MrMew

Recruit

Post 03 Jul 2014, 23:48

See the signature.
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 04 Jul 2014, 13:21

that is quite a rude and ungrateful post lol, at least thank lewin for telling you how to delete saves in the original.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 04 Jul 2014, 13:30

See the signature.
Get the Remake, it will fix your problems.

(this post is sponsored by you being ungrateful to someone who doesn't deserve such a treatment, not only for his Remake work but all the stuff he did for the KaM community.)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Jul 2014, 13:51

See the signature.
Get the Remake, it will fix your problems.

(this post is sponsored by you being ungrateful to someone who doesn't deserve such a treatment, not only for his Remake work but all the stuff he did for the KaM community.)

I mean. It´s his decision if he likes the "original" game or not. I have also some favourite games like Heroes omam III where Remakes or mods came out, but I just don´t like it, becaus I don´t want to have changed anything at it :P So making more ads won´t help in this case, I think :rolleyes:
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 04 Jul 2014, 14:01

I one hundred percent agree Paweł, yet I dislike his reply.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 04 Jul 2014, 14:09

it is not that he prefers the original game over the remake, sure that is fine. but it is more that he is being very rude and ungrateful about any help he get's, and even mocks the developer bij using his signature to complete his rude post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jul 2014, 15:14

it is not that he prefers the original game over the remake, sure that is fine. but it is more that he is being very rude and ungrateful about any help he get's, and even mocks the developer bij using his signature to complete his rude post.
Well I can understand him a bit, since often 99% of the people say 'download KaM Remake' when someone's having problems with original KaM. That's not a solution but a suggestion to a work-around.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 04 Jul 2014, 16:38

Well I can understand him a bit, since often 99% of the people say 'download KaM Remake' when someone's having problems with original KaM. That's not a solution but a suggestion to a work-around.
But a large number of people don't know about the Remake when they ask about the original game, so I think it's always worth mentioning it in case they haven't heard of it. A lot of times when someone has asked for help with a problem in the original game when someone told them about the Remake they just used that instead because they preferred it and hadn't found it before.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 04 Jul 2014, 17:07

besides lewin did mention that you cannot clear saved games on any other way then the suggestion he gave. so even if he is not interested in the remake lewin still gave advice for the original game, you can at least be thankful for that.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 04 Jul 2014, 18:16

That´s true. I have seen some topics before where 2-3 guys talked about the Remake first before answering his question.

In this case: Ok I agree , his answer wasn´t really nice. We all know Lewin. He just wanted to help him with presenting him the KaM Remake (if he doesn´t know it yet).

ONE THE OTHER SIDE: He is a new guy and this signature is quite strange, maybe he is just a troller :mrgreen: or sth like that. So don´t call him "rude" because he wrote "See the signature".
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jul 2014, 18:23

Well if someone would've taken the time to read some of his previous posts they could've known he already knew KaM Remake but prefers original KaM. I can imagine the frustration if every topic he posts in results in 'download / play KaM Remake'.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 04 Jul 2014, 18:47

but even thought you are a bit frustrated you can still come back when you cool down and say polietely that you want to stick with the original. it's not exactly about what he prefers but how he dealt with it.
<<

Dark Trololord

Post 04 Jul 2014, 19:19

Let's make some fuss about this!

Return to “Strategy Central”