<<

TonyDXIII

Lance Carrier

Post 20 Oct 2007, 23:04

Mission 3 ? The Road to the Baron of Lauenburg

Mission 3 ? The Road to the Baron of Lauenburg
Opponents: Lauenburg (Yellow)

The Imperial Counsel:

? The Mission can be beaten with your initial army.
? The mission receives a difficult rating of Easy.
? Your army consists of 24 Axe Fighters and 24 Bowmen.

The Imperial Proposal:

? This is your first battle mission. A battle mission consists of a predetermined amount of soldiers from both sides of the armies. The enemy shall always have more soldiers than you; they have a massive army in this sense compared to your few battalions of soldiers. It is in strategy that you shall achieve your victory.
? Use your bowmen to your advantage by placing them closely behind your axe fighters and they will obliterate your enemy opposition.

The Epic Tale:

The Only Path to Victory!

The sun rising over the mountain pass brings a sense of relief to the army of King Karolus. Knowing they are approaching the heavily fortified encampment of the enemy they will soon be engaging their largest and fiercest advisory yet. They are strong hearted and battle tested, but perhaps they shall be tested early or perhaps it shall be an ill omen of what is next to come. A scout is seen riding steady and delivers a message to your commander.

The mission begins with your army marching down the road to the Baron of Lauenburg, but within moments scouts report you are about to be ambushed and must immediately shall your advance. Quickly regroup into battle formations, set up your infantry in front one battalion to the left and one to the right with a gap in the center. Use your bowmen behind each battalion and the small squad of bowmen close to the gap in center.

The enemy shall waste no time in attacking your forces with all it has. Every single available troop that you?ve seen thus far shall be present of the enemy?s side and they will hit hard from two sides, but do not be overcome on either side. Use your squad of bowmen to keep a balance of whoever is losing their ground and overcome the enemy force. Soon the enemy force will be dispatched of and you may continue your march onwards.

Another battle has been won by the forces of King Karolus thanks to your excellent leadership. You shall be rewarded upon your return, but that is not the matter of the moment for you must continue onward as a new day brings new advisories and a new enemy.

My Statistics:

Units
Lost: 5
Defeated: 81

Buildings
Lost: 0
Destroyed: 0
Completed: 0

Units Trained: 0

Weapons Produced: 0
Soldiers Trained: 0

Time Completed: Time 00:05
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 21 Oct 2007, 08:34

about to be ambushed and must immediately shall your advance.
Hmmm... :D I guess you mixed up some words there :P Anyways, I see you didn't specify a location where one should regroup their army. Have you found it to be equally easy no matter where you regroup? Also I have found it a lot easier to explain where to put armies by just taking a screenshot, you could also do that if you want. Just remember to send the shot to me :D
And I must say your statistics are quite impressive, 5 units lost?! :shock: Whilst I agree that the mission is quite easy I usually end up having more casualties than that.
<<

MrMew

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Apr 2014, 08:14

Re: Mission 3 ? The Road to the Baron of Lauenburg

Hmmm... well I've got a bit of a problem. I don't have any bowmen OR any axe fighters. So my question is:
How do I complete mission 3 in the ORIGINAL?

My army is made up of slingers and such.

And no I'm not going to get the remake just to finish mission 3.
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Apr 2014, 08:39

I'm afraid you do NOT have the original. Or actually, it depends on what you see as original. In The Shattered Kingdom, you start with axe fighters and bowmen. In The Peasant's Rebellion, you start with town hall units. But that's not the only thing they changed in The Peasant's Rebellion: they mixed missions of both campaigns. I would suggest you install a patch to restore the campaigns to their original forms. You can download 1.60 from here: http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/supp ... s/#patches.
If you want a patch that changes less, you might want to search for 1.58.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Apr 2014, 09:43

In The Peasant's Rebellion, you start with town hall units.
WAIT! WHAT? Are you serious? :o
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 05 Apr 2014, 09:54

It was like this I thought :D
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:13

LOL Played the tsk campaign so often in tpr but can´t remember such huge changes, maybe because I installed the newest Patch and didn´t played with the original Version of tpr that often...
<<

MrMew

Recruit

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:22

Thanks for that, the mission is impossible otherwise, have no idea how you could possibly win, much easier now. What else does the patch change (1.58)?
No. I'm not getting the remake. Bother someone else.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Apr 2014, 10:35

http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/info ... /version-h

Edit: I completely forgot about this but remembered it just now: some change in 1.58 has the unwanted effect that TYPE 2 attacks with TAKE_ALL will not function. This has no consequences for the The Shattered Kingdom campaign, but it means that many attacks in the The Peasant's Rebellion campaign won't take place. I think this was fixed in 1.60 but I'm not sure. If that doesn't fix it I could edit the scripts manually for you.
But as long as you're playing the The Shattered Kingdom campaign there is no problem.
<<

Al Collins

Laborer

Post 05 Aug 2019, 04:45

Hello ALl:
I recently had to upgrade (??) my PC to windoze10, and had to get the original K&M to use the new stuff, guess that is what I read.
Anyway I just purchased the CD. it has a manual in German AND English. I believe there is a date of 2012 on it.

My problem is this chapter 3. I had been playing the older /other versions so long, that many things on the CD version seem different.
I simply cannot beat chapter 3! I'm now 67 years old and have been playing this great game for at least 20 years& likely more. I don't know when it first came out, but I had to get one early on. I got a brief demo of the game off of a BBS (That WAS a Bulletin Board System... back before the internet was common, you dialed into a computer that was set up with all sorts of games & files. You would often find a demo, like K&M, enjoy it, then go to the local computer store & buy the full version. ) .. And I REALLY liked the game so I got the guy at a local PC shop to order it for me.

ANYWAY, there is no "cheat" I know of, because there is no storage warehouse. Someone posted "changing the mission 03 file to mission 31, then you get a black screen & you go on to mission 04. WRONG!!! What happens is, you get a message saying there is something wrong with your game, and you are asked to send in an error report. Then the the thing shuts down& tells you to restart the game! NO SKIPPING THE CHAPTER! I am NOT sending in an error report because I am the dork who broke the darn thing by changing the mission number. If nothing else, you can tell I really DO like the game, just to put up with all this to tr to get around chapter3! I keep stopping at the little flat knoll, but the army wipes out axe soldiers before my archers can kill them all. I think it's because their archers inflict a fair amount of damage coming in above & behind my guys. I try to get my archers to wipe them out, which they eventually do with arrows, but too much time is gone & I soon am wiped out.
AL Collins
PS Sorry about any typos or spelling errors. My old IBM board is about shot & I'm having trouble finding another. I got this one new in 1986 and some keys stick pretty badly now.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Aug 2019, 11:21

You could try using the AI against itself: you should be able to use single bowmen to lure entire troops away from the fight if they haven't reached it yet, and fighting the enemy a portion at a time should be easier.
If you're intent on cheating, you could try swapping the mission files: for example, if you make a copy of mission 4's file and rename it as mission 3's file you should get to play mission 4 twice (and no mission 3).
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Al Collins

Laborer

Post 12 Aug 2019, 01:05

You are using that little knoll just to the marching troops left? What about the enemy archers? They stand above my guys and JUST WIPE THEM OUT!
I have played that scenario so many times and cannot get past it! I really would like to play the rest of the damn game I paid for, but cannot find a way to do it.!

Where do you live? I am getting SO frustrated I 'd like to talk with you about getting on a plane & coming here to win it for me. I am THAT frustrated!
In the event you are not available, or air fare is a gabillion dollars, do you have anything a tad more specific than this post on how you win with those archers decimating you?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 12 Aug 2019, 09:25

You are using that little knoll just to the marching troops left?
Yes: I like to keep everyone to the corner so that the enemies from the east are forced to come to you in a bad formation, and send someone to distract the troops from the south (single soldiers, even axemen, should be able to distract them long enough; or, with a little luck, you could actually fight everyone from the map's corner).
(Also, sneaking a few axemen behind the enemy archers might help you, if you are actually able to get them there without getting them killed first).

There are a few videos of this mission on youtube: check them out.

If you're getting too frustrated then just cheat through it (replacing the map file with one from another mission instead of moving it should prevent the error you wrote about... have you tried that?).

I'd also suggest installing KaM Remake: it works better than the original one, has better, well, everything, and it would make it possible to simply send you a savegame where mission 3 was already won.
(It's a fan project and is available for free, but it does require the original game for the installation process).
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Al Collins

Laborer

Post 14 Aug 2019, 00:17

Mr. ESTHELOS:
Yes, I bought the CD, my install is called the "4th multiplayer demo r3392". OPEN GL 4.5.0 Build 25.20.100.6374 .
Hopefully that means something to one of you regular players? I just bought the cd on Amazon as my original is "who knows where.
I have tried making various replacements to cheat my way around it, but usually the darn thing just refuses to run!@!!
I hate to be such a moron, but could you list step by step WHAT I do EXACTLY to set up a work around that you discuss? I'll be in your debt & if it works I can pretty much guarantee Santa Claus will send you a Christmas card.
<<

Al Collins

Laborer

Post 14 Aug 2019, 03:28

I WON! i won!

i stopped short, almost where the scenario starts. Then set up my axe men on either side of the road with the nine archers behind each group, and the 6 group of archers in the middle. To my surprise, the AI just sort of has the enemy troops mill about down where the battle "normally" takes place. So, I slowly advanced my 6 archers until they made contact and then ran back because the enemy attacked. Just like it's supposed to happen, my archers were covered by my axe men & I inflicted a lot of hurt on the AI men. But there were still some left. Their archers were down on the road so I charged them , and then finally they had a group of militia . ALL in ALL I pretty much lost all of my axe men, but I had 19 of my archers left, so I won and got to move on to the next scenario. What a booger of a campaign! That's the hardest this 66 year old guy has worked in a while. LOL! I could see the news talk about a senior citizen found dead at his PC from a heart attack, getting too excited over a game of K&M! Good publicity for the game I guess, but I think I'll skip that one!

Seriously, thank you EVERYONE who took the time and made the effort to post help. THAT truly means a lot that strangers would attempt to reach out & help an old fart struggling with this. THANK YOU, ONE AND ALL!

Al Collins

Return to “Strategy Central”