Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Inn/Manage the feeding

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Mar 2014, 19:17

Re: Inn/Manage the feeding

Nah, wine takes up a lot of space. More than bread but less than sausage.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 15 Mar 2014, 10:05

What about this kind of start?
-watch the picture please, of course this isnt a counted placement of the winefield, just would like to presentating this idea-

-The storehouse has less starting wines, but the locations have some premade winefields?
-Maybe this could be good to balance locations. Fisher loc and no fisher loc.
-If the store has lot of food there is possibility for trading them.
-these inefields placement could be far from the store of course, for example edge of the locations..

well?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Mar 2014, 10:30

I think this is a good idea, but it's up to map makers whether they would apply it or not. Personally, I'd like to see something like that on a map.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Mar 2014, 16:44

Ugh...maybe it could be interesting, but I really don't like it. Probably only because I'm not used to it, but it seems quite strange. Like TianK said, it's up to the mapmakers to do this anyway.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 16 Mar 2014, 01:11

I want to support the "manageable Inn" idea :arrow: you choose to send certain types of food to one Inn or another by "clicking for blocking food type" (red triangles like Storehouse).
It's useful to redirect fishes towards nearest Inn to lake, etc... adds for a more complex food planning... I will use this.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Mar 2014, 03:06

For the 1,000th time: Revo suggested it, Lewin declined it.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Mar 2014, 07:01

I want to support the "manageable Inn" idea :arrow: you choose to send certain types of food to one Inn or another by "clicking for blocking food type" (red triangles like Storehouse).
It's useful to redirect fishes towards nearest Inn to lake, etc... adds for a more complex food planning... I will use this.

Yes, and I did already more times in some topics with more detailed descriptions why is it good. There are tons of ideas and maybe this one is the most usefull of them.
The barrack already have developements /because if some players would like to make more barracks or would like to trade some weapons/.
This inn management thing doesn't seem a huge thing but should be better for the citizens of a village. And there won't be citizens who will eat 3 different types of food.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 16 Mar 2014, 10:21

It might be useful to tell why it has been declined. I suggested it mainly because of the distribution problems that were caused by serfs walking from one side of the town to the other because there was an inn there. This happened because inns and food production were spread around the town. I didn't suggest it because inhabitants may eat more than 1-2 types of food. This was before the "Intelligence" of serfs was increased. As far as I can remember it was declined because they improved the AI, I never bothered afterwards to check whether it still caused problems or not.

P.s. I didn't read the topic that thoroughly so I don't know what exactly has been discussed.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”