Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New building and possible units

<<

Piko

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 26 Jul 2012, 11:37

Re: New building and possible units

Yeh, but robber idea don't start as "what if we add A or B, it will be fun", it starts: "I want to resolve problem with playing with more than 2 teams, who attack lose, and who stay in base won. It isn't pleasant." I also play once 2v2v2v2, my team attacked other team, while one emey team won't attack. After around 3 hours they used accumulated weapons, and recruited very much units. After it they were all time saying how pros they are and how weak other are. At final results my team did much more weapons, and recruited much more units than they, so it was stupid that my team lost. I know staying in base is tactic, but using this tactic is very boring. And only then comes "Robbers will make attackig enemy more favourable".

Maybe You're right with don't fitting KaM, but killing people, even without blood or corpses, also aren't very "fair" war.
But ok, at least I have more free time without making this sprites. :P
ImageImage
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Jul 2012, 12:36

Producing more weapons is not a sign of a winner. Just see KaM AI, e.g. TSK3, you can with with fewer soldiers over a much bigger armies. Thats tactic in it's glory.

Lets take it from here: "I want to resolve problem with playing with more than 2 teams, who attack lose, and who stay in base won". What is the key issue here - playing defensively should be "penalized". In a way it's already there, when you play in defense you limited by your starting grounds and resources. By going outside means you can build a bigger city and get much more resources.

Penalizing it with robbers sounds doubtful. Robbers will need to go through towers, armies and serfs. Hows that possible? In manual mode that means you will have to guide each robber separate - not very effective. And your opponent can see them and kill easily.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Piko

Warrior

Post 26 Jul 2012, 12:46

Building outside village aren't related with playing offenisvely. Playing offensive is attacking enemy, defensive is staying in base.

About robbers - I mean they went to enemy base after defeating enemy, while towers and barracks are destroyed. ;) And there should can be to control them like normal army. :P
ImageImage
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 26 Jul 2012, 13:23

Thats how it goes in deathmatch maps ;)

From this point of view Robbers allow you to take defeated players resources. Thats Marauders. Slight difference.

Now you could get 10-20 random recourse from defeated enemies town, how is that going to help you to defend from your neighbor who saw your army went away and attacks you right now? He has been accumulating troops while you were loosing your in sieging the town ... What prevents him from sending his Robbers? Or better killing yours ..
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Piko

Warrior

Post 26 Jul 2012, 16:00

Better this, than wasting army for nothing. ;)

And what defend me? Towers, ally, and army I did during attack enemy. :P
ImageImage
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 Jul 2012, 20:55

Hi!

i have a question. I don't remember well have you ever been flying birds in KAM series or i hallucinated in my memories from other games?
thanks!
t
:)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Jul 2012, 00:19

Hi!

i have a question. I don't remember well have you ever been flying birds in KAM series or i hallucinated in my memories from other games?
thanks!
t
Nope, KaM never had birds except "the creature".
If someone made the graphics we'd be willing to try them out to see how they look, but it's a pretty minor feature.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 12 Aug 2012, 00:58

mobo was fried, must get new motherboard, good thing i posted this here, i can just download it off this forum and finish it off :)
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Aug 2012, 12:34

mobo was fried, must get new motherboard, good thing i posted this here, i can just download it off this forum and finish it off :)
Ehh lol..?

When your motherboard is fried, you don't lose any data (only what's stored in the RAM or isn't saved yet when the motherboard died).
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 12 Aug 2012, 19:57

Ehh lol..?

When your motherboard is fried, you don't lose any data (only what's stored in the RAM or isn't saved yet when the motherboard died).
it took some of my parts, one of them being my storage device :)
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 15 Sep 2013, 08:39

Hey!

As new building what do you think about upgrade the Barrack with some entrances?
Tha barrack should have 2doors. One will be only entry point second is only exit. (or 1 entry and 2 exit door)
okay it is a weakly fiction:)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Sep 2013, 15:19

I don't like the idea. We'd need to rework the artwork on barracks (how evil!) and it really doesn't accomplish much.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 15 Sep 2013, 16:37

I agree with Thunder. There will be less traffic jams in front of Barracks...
It's actually easy and improves the barracks efficency. It doesn't require new graphics.

Trained units could appear from the backdoors (no need to draw a back Gate if it's behind the building), with initial position towards North (current soldiers going out from frontal gate, look at South direction). The idea also helps when taking away weapons to trade at Market (crazy traffic overload).

It will make leaving 2-3 tiles space at the back of Barracks more important.
Playing 2 barracks Base is a mess because you cannot assign schools to directly send recruits "here or there"... Many times there isn't even space for so.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 06 Feb 2014, 20:24

Hi!

I didn't know where or in which topic should i ask this, but does the KaM Remake have Townhall and siege building up animations? I mean on images when the labourers are hitting/hammering :) those 'ördögi' buildings.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Feb 2014, 20:36

Of course. In fact, you could build them in the first multiplayer demo. I remember seeing people build them only to see that they were useless :P
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Other Creations”