Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Northern Islands I

<<

Gijs

Post 13 Dec 2013, 01:58

Northern Islands I

Me and a friend attempted the Co-op map Northern Island I and found it... extremely hard, after the first battle we have like 14 knights, 20 pikemen, 10 sword and 30 crossbow left. We then try to rush iron soldiers to help defend our villages but usually just before they finish the AI attacks with an insane amount of soldiers and wipes us totally out. Anyone ever attempted this map and could give us any tips?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Dec 2013, 07:31

Re: Northern Islands I

It were one of the best fan made coop maps in my opinion, because it was that huge with an enemy after enemy :p I can't remember that it was quite hard. You just to have conquer your Island fast as possible. Then you can defend the bridge and it should be easy, when your economy is quite ok. That's the tip :p sometimes bigger attack waves came later on, but you just have to go back with your army behind your towers.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 13 Dec 2013, 08:32

as Pawel suggested - capture the bridge as soon as possible, then it will be easier to defend.

Me and Mercenary won this mission times ago, in r3870 :P Old screenshot:

We had 25-30 farms and good leather production (at least 12-15 woodcutters, 8 sawmills, 8 pig farms, 6+10 weaponry+armor workshops) - this is one of the keys to victory.

Maybe in new releases it's more difficult or even impossible because of shields patch. I'll rebalance mission, just write some suggestions ;)
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 13 Dec 2013, 10:20

Maybe in new releases it's more difficult or even impossible because of shields patch. I'll rebalance mission, just write some suggestions ;)
Impossible it´s for sure not. Like I said I won that mission also in last RC or so (Way after Shield Patch) :mrgreen:
<<

Post 13 Dec 2013, 13:04

We've tryed capturing the 1st stronghold and then defending the bridge but again, just before we finish making our 1st troops all of the enemies attack at almost the same time totally crushing our troops, also tryed hiding behind our stonethrowers but the enemy gave no *cut* and just ran through them. (Kinda feeling like a noob now ^^).
!MODBREAK: Watch your language, please
Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2021, 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Modbreak
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 13 Dec 2013, 16:30

Me and my friend played this map in the latest patch, but I lost screens (reinstalling Win), so its possible to win. :wink:
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Post 01 Jan 2014, 17:17

We've played this map 3 times yesterday and today and none of the tactics we've tried worked.
How many troops do remain after the first 5 minutes attack when you play it?
And at which time are you able to build your first new troops? As I can't get this done within 45 minutes. After 45 minutes a continuous attack starts which does not seem to end.
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 11 Jan 2014, 20:54

i have together whit my brother played this map and after a few times we managed to win.(r5503)
it's just like pawel said conquer your island and set up your army between the walls.
seeing the replay myself(after playing mulitplayer games vs ohter human players) i was still pretty noobie spended way to long before acutual starting to build my city.
if i had started building my like you normaly would, it would have been even easier.

esspaicily look after 77mins(first attack comes in) how i have set up my little army
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Jan 2014, 16:50

Nice but you changed some things (added food, increased recruits delay) :P

Me and my friend tested NI in r5503 few days ago. AI attacks are really bugged, I'll fix them ;)
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Jan 2014, 19:41

:O
i checked it and indeed i increase recruit delay and increased our food and wood.
Also i have changed our troop set up and removed some knight to the first attack.
I forget this because we couldn't win it.
maby we shall try again in a few weeks.(the real one without editing)

thx for removing the file!!

I'm so ashamed now :$ :$ :$
<<

WhyKillMe

Post 17 Feb 2014, 20:57

Hello,

Me and a friend recently tried to complete this mission.

We win the first fight bigtime, loads of troops left. After that we immideatly take the first city, no problem either and don't lose to many troops there.

Then we have 2 options:

Defend, or pull/attack.

Defending, we make extra towers, add about 10 towers on each side. The enemy attacks at 41 minute mark, they come, more, more and even more, they don't stop an endless supply of troops.

So we tried a different tactic, we pull/attack them. We cleared hundreds of troups, but at the 41 minute mark, they just keep on coming until they've destroyed all your troops, towers. And loads of them are killed by towers.

Seems there is some BUG that causes them to attack non-stop? Because this mission seems impossible otherwise.

If anyone has any suggestions, or wants to proof they can do it playing it together with me i'll be happy to do so.

Best Regards,

WKM
<<

WhyKillMe

Post 18 Feb 2014, 19:55

Hello,

Going to take back everything i said.

Today, after a 6 hour 1 minute game we finally won! - Just gotta keep trying!

If anyone wants the replay let me know, but where is the replay saved?
<<

Papundekl

Woodcutter

Post 20 Feb 2014, 19:52

Hello,

Going to take back everything i said.

Today, after a 6 hour 1 minute game we finally won! - Just gotta keep trying!

If anyone wants the replay let me know, but where is the replay saved?

Replays are saved in {Install_dir}\KaM Remake\SavesMP
where {Install_dir} is in most cases "C:\Program Files (x86)"

in folder SavesMP are 3 files, they should be named "something" .bas, .rpl, .sav .... you must find the right files with the "right" replay :) ....

can you pack this 3 files to .RAR or .ZIP and upload it here as a attachment? i would like to see your way how to defeat "second" big attack
Sh*t happens
<<

whykillme

Peasant

Post 02 Mar 2014, 18:55

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply.

Attached the save (Yes 117 saves for this map.. i'm a triggerhappy saver) we'll beat it sometime without saves :)

We reloaded a couple of times, don't know if that's visible in the savegame.

Greetings,

WKM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papundekl

Woodcutter

Post 03 Mar 2014, 08:52

thx, replay is broken, after 2 hours it stop replay due to sync reasons, anyway I saw "the begining" and its enough for me. Thanks again ;)
Sh*t happens

Return to “General / Questions”