TriggerEditor

<<

Jery

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Aug 2013, 20:04

TriggerEditor

Hi

First I would like to apologize for my English.

About six months ago I had the idea to make a script editor that does not need to write code. The design is nearly the same Trigger Editor of WorldEditor of warcraft3, with a few improvements.

Features:
- Fully operable trigger editor and generator script files.
- Ability to save and load the project.
- Ability to group triggers, posting comments, and enable / disable them transmitted to the output file.
- Ability to use almost all the events, conditions and actions of the API KaM Remake
- Leaving the possibility of manual input commands (to be improved in the future).
- Implemented the ability to copy / paste events and actions, as well as arguments (in this worldEditor much missed).
- Two ready-localization: Russian and bad English =)
- Ability to add your localizations (just copy one of the existing in locale folder, open notepad and correct as you like).

Defects which will be corrected in the future:
- You have to change all the values ​​exhibited by default would not otherwise be able to create a script file.
- You must not remove or modify the variables of type if they have already been used somewhere.
- Can really miss any of the simplest functions, such as the "absolute value".
- Even in a small project, you can get a large amount not used code.

This development has nothing to do with the topic viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1758 and was started long before that in russian forum.

Some screenshots of the program:

System requirements:
.Net Framework 4.0 or later.

In the near future I will write a quick tutorial on the use and sample maps.

If you have any suggestions please let me know (mariojey@gmail.com)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jery on 21 Sep 2013, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Aug 2013, 00:07

Re: TriggerEditor

Awesome work Jery! :)
Hopefully this will make scripting more accessible to non-programmers. We'll think about how we can promote this tool so people know about it.
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Aug 2013, 16:17

Nice work, I see I was a bit to late.
And it would be useless to make two programms with the same function.
So I will stop working on it.. :/

But really nice structure in your editor!
<<

Jery

Laborer

Post 29 Aug 2013, 19:28

I plan to add several new events. I think at this point it is most necessary events that are lacking.

Events:
- Time - Tick Elapsed - Elapsed game ticks is [x]. (x - integer argument)
- Time - Pereodic Event - Every [x] ticks of the game. (x - integer argument)

Anyone can put them on their own, but why do it every time, if you can do only once!

If you have any interesting ideas for the editor, please write them here.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Aug 2013, 20:03

how about some basic stuff, lie adding a timer at a certain tick or mission start. spawn enemies and let them attack and stuff like that? :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Jery

Laborer

Post 29 Aug 2013, 21:01

do you mean to add a new type of variable - the timer. Add an event "Timer Expires - [x] expires" (x - timer) and the action type "Start Timer - Start [x] timer that will expire in [y] ticks" (x - timer, y - integer)?

About spawn enemies and order them to attack. Easy way:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Sep 2013, 00:37

Unless I am making a horrible noob misunderstanding, but it seems as though states are not yet doable in this editor. Is there any progress on adding this feature?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jery

Laborer

Post 21 Sep 2013, 11:55

Ohhh I'm sorry. I found a mistake in the English localization, because of her when selecting Actions: HouseAddDamage, HouseAddRepair, ShowMsgGoto - an error occurred.

Absolutely all States supported in the editor. They are divided into groups with regard to the return value. Any of these groups you can see when you click on the blue underlined title to edit the argument. After clicking will open a window where you will see all the States, that can be inserted as an argument to the function selected previously.

Simple steps to see all Integer States:
1. Create Trigger
2. Add action
3. Select action
4. Click on first argument (blue underlined text)
5. Here you can see all the States that return pure integers (it will be in function block)
6. But if you click on the second argument, you can see all the States that return the HouseID (in the scripts it still integer). That is, the editor will not allow you to handle HouseID as an Integer, the editor will insert HouseID only to where it expected.

States return types:
  Code:
INTEGER - pure Integer REAL - numbers with float point STRING - any text BOOLEAN - logical UNIT - integer that represent UnitID HOUSE - integer that represent HouseID PLAYER - integer that represent PlayerIndex. Can be turned into a pure integer for convinience GROUP - integer that represent GroupID TYPE_UNIT - integer that represent unit's(not warrior) type TYPE_HOUSE - integer thath represent house's type TYPE_WARRIOR - integer that represent warrior's type ANIMAL - integer that represent AnimalID TYPE_ANIMAL - integer that represent animal's type TYPE_WARE - integer that represent ware's type
Attached the revised and expanded version of the editor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Sep 2013, 14:15

Thanks, man. This editor is pretty useful :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pewpewchris

Serf

Post 22 Sep 2013, 18:59

looks nice man
good work :D

Return to “Other Creations”