Useless villagers to the Monastery

<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Aug 2013, 21:40

Useless villagers to the Monastery

Hi

I think everyone have this problem. Your gold- coal- and ironmine are empty and you don't need your miners anymore and they eat all your precious food. Also when you have too much villagers and you really need some people to eat but they can't because servs, builders ect. are eating all the food. Just send them to the Monastery where they become a monk and where they live a virtuous life. Now their are gone and now they aren't eating your food anymore. :wink:

This is the building i mean
http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/file ... tery_1.gif

What do you think about this idea?
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 18 Aug 2013, 21:46

Re: Useless villagers to the Monastery

Don't monks eat food too ? Appart from that obvious logical contradiction on your idea, I'm not sure it would be good gameplay-wise.
With such an idea you'll never have any city where a huge starvation that will cause a great mess, because one would send everyone hungry to become a monk, and as long as you have gold you can train someone new.
This is also a reserve I have on the "dismiss button that'd send someone back to school and not refund gold" (which is almost like your idea except yours needs a new building).
When there is starvation, a side effect is that the starvation becomes even harder when the food producers are hungy and can't eat. It'd be too easy if you could just dismiss the hungry guy and train a new one, in my opinion.
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Aug 2013, 21:54

the option to do something usefull with them +
but not this way

it would be better to get the option "retrain" them to serf or recruit
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 18 Aug 2013, 22:20

Yes Islar! Let's make them monks! The idea is not stupid ... monks drink mostly water, eat some bread, and their time devoted to prayer. In the Middle Ages it was that :P
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 19 Aug 2013, 08:31

and monks still need food
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Aug 2013, 08:43

Don't monks eat food too ?
Yes they do. Monks are people who do not be a part of the normal life anymore. What i mean with this is their only life is in the Monastery. So they make their own food in the Monastery.
It'd be too easy if you could just dismiss the hungry guy and train a new one, in my opinion. (which is almost like your idea except yours needs a new building).
It become less easy to do this if you have to make a new building for this. Also i don't think a building can have a infinitief place for people so i think of a maximum place for monks in the Monastery. So you only use it if you really need some people gone.
it would be better to get the option "retrain" them to serf or recruit
I don't think this will help because you do not always have to have new people. Sometimes you really need some people gone. Especially serfs because they eat all your food and in a starvation everyone needs to eat and that means less work for the serfs. Than you really have them gone than that they do nothing and eat your food.
<<

Nayot

Blacksmith

Post 09 Sep 2013, 16:05

Hmm, interesting ideas are here. I wasn't anytime angry that my serfs starve. That's been my fault. What do I was angry about was that miners weren't do anything, I was always like: Damn why can't I send them to death just like laborers or militia. I won't do road to an enemy with meaningless mineshaft. But how to let him die without side effect exploiting? Well that's the question.
<<

Storyteller

Peasant

Post 19 Jan 2016, 09:34

monastery should turn grain to beer, with monks made from useless villagers.

useless villagers should be able to be turned into militia in the town hall.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Jan 2016, 17:01

Yes Islar! Let's make them monks! The idea is not stupid ... monks drink mostly water, eat some bread, and their time devoted to prayer. In the Middle Ages it was that :P
Well, if you go by realistic standards then your useless miners should become useless monks who eat 10% of your production and occasionally demand new churches and burn your villagers.

In the Middle Ages it was that :P

(Eh, times change... right now they eat way more than 10%, while still being just as useless. :mrgreen:
But this isn't the right place for teasing about this, sorry. :$ )
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”