Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM and K'nex?

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:04

KaM and K'nex?

About 12 years ago (when I was in my early teens), I was into K'nex building sets.

Being a KaM player back then, I made some buildings and units from KaM.

StoreHouse

Inn

Quarry

Weapon's Workshop

Iron Mine

Metallurgy Shop

WatchTower

Units
Latter on, I made more realistic looking horses.
If you are into K'nex (I'm not sure how well-known K'nex is outside of the U.S.A.), you can use this gray connector instead to make the knight's horse.

Lastly, I did make a few siege weapons from Age of Empires 2 the Conqueror's Expansion, but here is the "onager" which can be the catapult in TPR.

(I made the Trebuchet from AoE2 which you could pack and unpack. It could take a 2 pound (about 1 kilogram) counterweight easily, but it did fire a decent sized projectile 35 feet (about 10.5 meters) with a 5 pound (about 2.25 kilogram) counterweight. If anyone is also an AoE2 fan and/or K'nex fan and is interested in seeing the plans (in picture form, let me know).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:07

Re: KaM and K'nex?

Wow dude, that looks cool :) Me and my brother played a lot with K'nex too, but he was the genius. I just made stuff from books :P
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:09

i always made a car from the books, then went crashtesting it. drive it off the stairs and see how well it would hold. the jeep won because it stayed nearly intact..
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:11

wow awesome :)
i like your buildings.
but i don't really see the difference between leather units and iron units
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:12

Wow dude, that looks cool :) Me and my brother played a lot with K'nex too, but he was the genius. I just made stuff from books :P
i am sure i was your brother :p

and in The Netherlands we have knex to
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:20

Thanks guys. I sold my K'nex years ago, but I never had the opportunity to share my plans with others because this forum didn't exist back then.
but i don't really see the difference between leather units and iron units
Well, the helmet is different, and I have red connectors (representing the color red...default SP Kam color) at the bottom of the leather armor suits. Perhaps just wrapping several rubber bands around the K'nex men to make leather armored units would have been a better idea. I should have used a longer rod for the pike too.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:38

Thanks guys. I sold my K'nex years ago, but I never had the opportunity to share my plans with others because this forum didn't exist back then.
We exist since 2005, so I don't know how long ago it was..? :P
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:46

About 12 years ago
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:51

About 12 years ago
Lol sorry.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 03 Sep 2013, 19:52

:mrgreen:
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Sep 2013, 20:03

wow man! thats really amazing. :D. When I was child, I loved to draw various things (animals,pokemons - yes yes (6), etc.). I regret that I drew nothing from kam, because I would also have to be proud and show it you :(
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 03 Sep 2013, 20:29

I don't know K'nex at all, but nice work !
(I made the Trebuchet from AoE2 which you could pack and unpack. It could take a 2 pound (about 1 kilogram) counterweight easily, but it did fire a decent sized projectile 35 feet (about 10.5 meters) with a 5 pound (about 2.25 kilogram) counterweight. If anyone is also an AoE2 fan and/or K'nex fan and is interested in seeing the plans (in picture form, let me know).
I'd like to see the plans ;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Sep 2013, 20:41

I liked K'nex, but I never got very many of them since I preferred legos. Your projects are very impressive, indeed.
But the most impressive thing I see is that you are from the United States! Someday, you'll have to tell me the story of how you were introduced to KaM :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 03 Sep 2013, 21:25

Wow this is great! When I was young I get a big pieces of paper(i think that was A1 format) from factory where my uncle works. These papers had a pictures printed on one side and on the other they were blank. I drew a big KaM battles on them :D. I had so much fun drawing every single soldier. The hardest to draw were knights and my favourite were bowmans. Omg so nostalgic :D.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 03 Sep 2013, 21:31

Wow this is great! When I was young I get a big pieces of paper(i think that was A1 format) from factory where my uncle works. These papers had a pictures printed on one side and on the other they were blank. I drew a big KaM battles on them :D. I had so much fun drawing every single soldier. The hardest to draw were knights and my favourite were bowmans. Omg so nostalgic :D.
LIAR !! (6)

Return to “Other Creations”