[FIRST IDEAS] 1st International Battle Tournament

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Aug 2013, 17:14

[FIRST IDEAS] 1st International Battle Tournament

Hello Guys,

me and Sado have an idea to make the 1st international Battle Game Tournament in the KaM Remake.

I wanted to ask first YOU, the Community what ideas you have and if you think, you would participate at such a tournament.

Here are some briefly things, what I thought about

*2vs2 Tournament(Most maps can be played in that style)
*Players with no team will "find" a teammate later on
*Nearly all good balanced standard battle maps + Special maps like that from Shadaoe e.g.
*"Dota Tournament Style": Team who wins 2/3 matches, win the complete "game"
*Winner and looser bracket (Looser still have a chance when they only did bad in 2 games)
*Small time for playing your games, like 4 games maybe(Unless you don´t need that much time for a battle game, like for an economy game {and even there some teams finished their group stage in Zoltans+Mercenary´s tournament in like one week :D}

So feel free just to post what you think about it and if you wanna join that tournament maybe....

Sado + Paweł
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 26 Aug 2013, 18:17

Re: [FIRST IDEAS] 1st International Battle Tournament

Nice idea, but about system - you can use dota international system, its more interesting, but it can be too long
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Aug 2013, 19:56

Two tournaments in one time?
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 26 Aug 2013, 19:59

I think that Pawel will organize it later, dont you?
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 26 Aug 2013, 20:55

We don't want to interrupt your tournament, indeed. On the other hand, a fight only tournament doesn't need as much time from the players, so maybe it wouldn't be a problem to be participating in both? (Actually, I won't be able to find enough time for a building tournament, that's why I want a fight one to happen) Also, I think to make a good tournament we need some time to prepare it, discuss about maps etc., and it will take a bit of time :)

I'm thinking about group stage+cup stage (like last 3v3 tournament), since it's only 1 game more to pick a group winner (maybe only first place would advance, though) and it means everyone can play at least 3 games. And map picking would probably look like:
-each team picks a map for 1 game, and if third game is needed, the teams eliminate maps in turns so there's only one left
or
-teams eliminate maps from the start, so there are 2 left, if third game is needed, teams play on the last map eliminated

Which maps would you guys want to see in 2v2 tournament? I've got a quite controversial idea - I'm thinking about modifying a few maps for tournament's needs (so some sort of a mappack would be released) - there are quite some fighting maps that won't work that well for 2v2, but it'd be a shame not to include them.
No modifications needed:
-Cross
-Enter the Heat (top vs bottom)
-Gorges - location near the bridge, and any of 2 other locations will be used
-Pirate Bond - I like the map but I can see many people not liking its campiness. 12 vs 34, or 34 vs 56?
-Snow Cross
-Unknown Danger
-The Raven's Field
Modified maps:
-Coastal Encounter - originally 1v1v1, but with a little smaller armies it could be fun 2v2
-Shoulder to Shoulder - either without modifications - infantry and archers (without horses), or modify the map so the archer player has (some/all?) horses as well
-Battle of Octumn - not sure. Love the idea and the script, it'd match what I want to see in the tournament, but the map might be too big for 2v2. Any solutions anyone can think of?
-The Conquest - I can make 2v2 version if needed, but I'm quite sure it doesn't fit the other maps, since it's much more complicated than fighting.

Additional idea: I could apply the fog of war script to one of the maps, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't just be unnecessary.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Aug 2013, 16:01

Well we indeed wanted to start later on vovets. However not "that" late, we wanted to start at the end of the holidays :D
But don´t worry, its a "only battle" tournament, so it isnt just a copy of yours :mrgreen:

-Coastal Encounter - originally 1v1v1, but with a little smaller armies it could be fun 2v2
-Shoulder to Shoulder - either without modifications - infantry and archers (without horses), or modify the map so the archer player has (some/all?) horses as well
-Battle of Octumn - not sure. Love the idea and the script, it'd match what I want to see in the tournament, but the map might be too big for 2v2. Any solutions anyone can think of?
-The Conquest - I can make 2v2 version if needed, but I'm quite sure it doesn't fit the other maps, since it's much more complicated than fighting.

Additional idea: I could apply the fog of war script to one of the maps, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't just be unnecessary.
I agree with all of that maps except for "Coastel encounter". It´s a really often played map in KaM and it won´t fit 2vs2 perfectly, i think. You have 3 entrances that all connect in the middle of the map, so there is no way (really) to place 2 players in one of the "lines" you havent even place for 4 players in the center, i would say.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Aug 2013, 16:53

... Which maps would you guys want to see in 2v2 tournament? I've got a quite controversial idea - I'm thinking about modifying a few maps for tournament's needs (so some sort of a mappack would be released) - there are quite some fighting maps that won't work that well for 2v2, but it'd be a shame not to include them.
No modifications needed:
Pirate Bond - I like the map but I can see many people not liking its campiness. 12 vs 34, or 34 vs 56?...
Finally! I waited for the moment when we will have a tournament only for tactical map :D .
I and Luki a lot of time tested "Pirate Bond" and in my opinion loc 12 v 34 will be better. Loc 1, 2 for a perfect balance need more units. On days I'll post a link.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Aug 2013, 17:56

If I may say a few words; I think everything should be kept as simple as possible. (A large number of) map updates should be avoided.
<<

woloszek

Sword Fighter

Post 27 Aug 2013, 19:48

If I may say a few words; I think everything should be kept as simple as possible. (A large number of) map updates should be avoided.
On this map was good balance before this version of remake. When changed balance of units, is harder to keep good balance... How long balance will be change that i must also change my maps.... :(
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 28 Aug 2013, 15:59

I asked many guys on the TS server and skype. I would have like already 12 players that said, they wanna play a tactic Tournament. SO I think, I´ll make soon a new topic...

Return to “Tournaments”