A new crafting building for the units from the town hall

<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:04

A new crafting building for the units from the town hall

Hey,
I was thinking about the problem of the town hall. And I had the idea to craete a new building to craft some weapons for these units.
One of the main ideas of KaM is the split of iron and wood weapons. My idea would be a addition of it, by adding weapons crafted in a building using booth.
(But you need the weapon smithy and the weapons workshop to be able to build it).
And you will train them in the barracks.

I was thinking of a fair system to enable it in multiplayer mode. So you need iron and wood (wood in one place only as fuel) to craft the new weapons.

A warrior would need the barbarian axe(3-4 iron and one wood), one recruit and iron armor.
A barbarian would need the barbarian axe(3-4 iron and one wood) and one recruit.
A rebel would need a pitchfork(1/2 iron and 1/2wood)and one recruit.
And the others aren't implementet in the idea yet.

Finally every sprite is finished:
I have the building, the framework of it, the symbol, the sign, a worker animation for sleeping and working, the stacks of every recource in the building and the animation for the deliverer to hold the pitchfork.
(99 sprites are finished)

Still missing is:
- the animation for the deliverer to hold the barbarian axe
- shadows of the building
(72 sprites are missing)

The Building(without shadows):

Another coloring (for pawel95 :D ):
Do you like this more? :D

The Framework(without shadows):

The Building with every recource in it:

The Sign:

The Symbol:

One picture of the worker:

Information of the building:
------------------------------------------------------------
300 Condition because of the wood constriction
5 slots for wood
5 slots for iron

5 slots for barbarian axes
5 slots for pitchforks
Crafting:
3-4 iron + 1 wood => one barbarian axe
1 iron + 1 wood => two pitchforks

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad English. :P

I hope you like my idea and my sprites. :)
Would be cool to bring this in the game and to test the balance.
If you are interested in this I can make the missing graphics and I can make them nicer and with more detail. ;)

(New graphics by Dominik Brühl.)
Last edited by Dreamkiller on 08 Jul 2013, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:34

Re: A new crafting building for the units from the town hall

wow those sprites look really good. I think that if you are willing to make the sprites this might become a suggestion for no pt gaming as long as the balance is right.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:40

wow those sprites look really good. I think that if you are willing to make the sprites this might become a suggestion for no pt gaming as long as the balance is right.
Thank you! :)
Jup, I want to make these sprites. :D
(And I really want the game to be balanced, too. ;) )
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:41

Hey I jsut want to comment your artwork. First of all: Really nice job! One thing I want to tell you is, that I would ask you if you could change the colors little bit, its really beauty, but in my eye little bit to brown, it fits nice to a barb town like in tsk08 but its little bit too mono :D

About the idea in general, i dont like to implement a new building for it, unless you have the unused townhall at all! but ok :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:43

bout the idea in general, i dont like to implement a new building for it, unless you have the unused townhall at all! but ok :P
I never liked the townhall as a mercenary station. It never made sense to me. The townhall looks my like a university or school or something. Why are barbarians coming out of there? :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 08 Jul 2013, 16:52

Hey I jsut want to comment your artwork. First of all: Really nice job! One thing I want to tell you is, that I would ask you if you could change the colors little bit, its really beauty, but in my eye little bit to brown, it fits nice to a barb town like in tsk08 but its little bit too mono :D

About the idea in general, i dont like to implement a new building for it, unless you have the unused townhall at all! but ok :P

Thanks! :)
Sure I can change the colors, its just a first drawing. ;)

I don't really like the town hall. So my idea was to use it for the barracks. But the development team and the players can decide, if and how it will be in use.
(Oh and I can help in programming, too. :D )
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Jul 2013, 17:01

bout the idea in general, i dont like to implement a new building for it, unless you have the unused townhall at all! but ok :P
I never liked the townhall as a mercenary station. It never made sense to me. The townhall looks my like a university or school or something. Why are barbarians coming out of there? :P
Its a townhall-.- So, you can sign a contract there with 1,2,3... barbs and rent them :P they are workers from the country not private workers, so thats why you have to go to a townhall :PPPPP I know that the system of tpr isnt good balanced, but the house itselves could be used for sure

In my point of view when adding this house would come true, you dont have to add an extra worker i think, why the normal weaponsmither couldnt do that job(So only asking from the logic side :mrgreen: )

Btw "Dreamkiller" when you need help of drawing sth on the computer, also easy things like the shadow. I could help you when you want :wink:
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 08 Jul 2013, 17:15

Its a townhall-.- So, you can sign a contract there with 1,2,3... barbs and rent them :P they are workers from the country not private workers, so thats why you have to go to a townhall :PPPPP I know that the system of tpr isnt good balanced, but the house itselves could be used for sure

In my point of view when adding this house would come true, you dont have to add an extra worker i think, why the normal weaponsmither couldnt do that job(So only asking from the logic side :mrgreen: )

Btw "Dreamkiller" when you need help of drawing sth on the computer, also easy things like the shadow. I could help you when you want :wink:
I mean using the weaponsmither, but I made animations for him working in my buiding. ;) :D
Would be cool when you can help me with the shadows and with the animation of the delivery person with a barbarian axe in his hand. :)

Do you mean something like the new picture with the coloring or something new, without only changing some colors? :D
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 08 Jul 2013, 18:09

Your pics look nice :)
And it is a good idea to get the town hall units back.

+1
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Dreamkiller

Militia

Post 08 Jul 2013, 18:24

Your pics look nice :)
And it is a good idea to get the town hall units back.

+1

Thank you! :)
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jul 2013, 20:11

When I saw the title of the topic, I was like "omg another topic about it? -_-"
But, I must say I love those pics lol. I'd prefer the "remade one for pawel" ;)

About the prices, I think the pitchfork shouldn't require iron. I think 2 timber for 1 pitchfork would be fine. Also, for the axe, I'd say 2 iron bars and 1 timber. The price of the barb/warrior could be the axe, an iron armor (because they have the same stats, the requirement shouldn't be different either) and a recruit, and for the rebel, ofc the pitchfork and a recruit.

Only problem I see with that building sprite is that the iron bars and timber look too different from the KaM style, could you remake it?

Very nice job, thanks for it tho :)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Menszu

Vagabond

Post 09 Jul 2013, 10:04

Looks promising, some thoughts:

First of all 2iron1wood for great-axe.
If the barbarian have stats requiring iron armour I guess it's obvious choice to use only warrior image for recruiting. This way we still keep barbarians special, and warrior looks well trainded in the civilized city - ofc it would be better with 2 handed sword. (check out the rar below for how he might look)

Apart from that, I agree that 2 wood for a pitchfork might be good, and to make all units trainable I sugest adding a sling for 2 wood also. Well, little realism about it, but other wooden weapons also obviously require more than 2 wood in real life. This would just keep the system consistent, without giving also leather to this building. And by it a need for another slider in distribution of wares.

On the side note:
Having a great-axe we can just divide the barbarian and a warrior as armoured and unarmoured version, of course adjusting their stats. This however might unballance the single player campaign - minor setback in my opinion, and easy to correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Puny lords starving your subjects, such weakness, shame on you...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Jul 2013, 10:44

Nice pictures, but I don't see a reason to implement it just because it's possible.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Jul 2013, 13:35

Nice pictures, but I don't see a reason to implement it just because it's possible.
Here here!

As for the "Pawel design," I really don't prefer it. I'd sooner go with the original coloring.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Jul 2013, 13:39

I mean using the weaponsmither, but I made animations for him working in my buiding. ;) :D
Would be cool when you can help me with the shadows and with the animation of the delivery person with a barbarian axe in his hand. :)
Doesn´t matter for me in first moment if there is a way to implement it or not, because like I said I dont like the idea "Deleting one thing and implementing a new one" in general. However you could contact me here on forum and give me your mail/skype/msn adres, i think sth like serfs delivering the axe or the shadow could be done in my free time, when you want :-)

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”