Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Planned market changes

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Nov 2012, 12:18

Re: Planned market changes

well i guess i need to learn how to play without market again, i abused it for 7/8 months or so (in leather only times i abused with iron, nowadays abuse with coal). i'll see how i shall adapt.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 08 Nov 2012, 13:27

I would like to mention that a small base will almost always be the most dominant strategy after pt , and locations now matter most. I can imagine everyone loc picking hardcore now :)
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 Nov 2012, 14:10

I would like to mention that a small base will almost always be the most dominant strategy after pt , and locations now matter most. I can imagine everyone loc picking hardcore now :)
Yes we know now that you have a lot of imagination, lets just wait and see.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Nov 2012, 14:46

Wake up guys...
It's not about market,
it's about rock paper scissors...

Now serious, the game is actualy still the same but like Matt said,
locs will mater way more, wich isn't necessarly bad. (More variation etc.)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Nov 2012, 15:13

played a game without a market for once, did not go as well but it is doable after all. seems like i was depending on the market too much, my apologies :(
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Nov 2012, 15:24

my apologies :(
Apologies accepted. :)
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2012, 18:21

Since there's almost no difference between market and no market,
in what way was it op then? And what about those players who call themself skilled 'just because they abuse market'?
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2012, 18:37

I think exchange rates should be:
3 ores -> 1 trunk
2 ores -> 1 timber

I also played without market some games yesterday.
There is no big difference, it's just about rushing woodcutters while you go for treasuries.
And then 5 minutes later the farms... but you won't lose a match, because right after PT, there is no super agression, more scouting and positioning of troops in front of other's base, so you can catch up opponent's production, keep making extra buildings non-stop.
It's easy for me, I guess same for you.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Nov 2012, 19:29

Hi!
Corn was 1 planned 0.87. (Tree trunk was 1, planned 1.6)

Corn: 1 farm: 4 timber 3 stone + 12-16fields, planning time, cutting time, walking time, relax time,
corn used 3 kind of building: Mill(1x), swinefarm(4-5x), stable(6x) (and the growing time nearly ten minutes same the trees, while those building working more faster than the farm could product it)
And important for the feeding...

Treetrunks: 1 Wcutter: 3timber 2 stone, planning time, cutting time, walking time, relax time
Treetrunk used in (sawmill)+2 kind of buildings and construction (87trunk need an average littlevillage where is 48 mainly buildings)
1trunk+2processtime same one weapon (or 2 wshields) but one leatherarmor(+1process another one): '4-5'corn(+4processtime)+2 processtime.
I dont know exactly the trees and corns growing time.

i read somewhere to mass product of corn its an easything. I think same the trees. ;)

///If use market, then make good business. If do it lot, then make lot good business. Who use market will have more useful things(havent unuseful). So without market uses little be poor.
Old styles vs Market styles? (These are equals...)
With market can do lot things in PT(average60PT) what never with the old style (with these kind of feeding option also).///

t

PS.:
How corn will be necessary to 1 trunk in the plan?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Nov 2012, 00:52

The woodcutter produces 44 trees per hour on average. A farmer produces 69 corn per hour on average. Also a woodcutter requires a large area to plant his trees (the best possible is 1 tree for every 4 tiles if there are no obstacles) but the farmer needs just 15 fields placed anywhere around his house.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 09 Nov 2012, 11:22

Since there's almost no difference between market and no market,
in what way was it op then?
On some maps it is possible to keep up with players who use the marketplace, but it requires planning and timing. If you make a mistake, you're in trouble, while with the market you could just do some extra trades. The market adds way more certainty to your gameplay. Also, on a map like Volcano Valley (old version, I don't know about the new one) I doubt you would be able to keep up with someone who is abusing the market efficiently.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 09 Nov 2012, 22:43

Testing no marketplace game i realised that some of my thoughts were valid, some of it not that much as i predicted. But i've found out few more interesting conseqences. Can we have real time discussion on IRC chat, for example, so we can constructivly discuss feedback and different thoughts?

I am propousing it because it will help to save time and , i hope, will help to find better solutions for some problematic issues. Respectivly, i dont think a discussion on forum is very much helpfull in a current state. People mostly discuss it between each other but are quite lazy to write it here.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 10 Nov 2012, 07:27

Testing no marketplace game i realised that some of my thoughts were valid, some of it not that much as i predicted. But i've found out few more interesting conseqences. Can we have real time discussion on IRC chat, for example, so we can constructivly discuss feedback and different thoughts?

I am propousing it because it will help to save time and , i hope, will help to find better solutions for some problematic issues. Respectivly, i dont think a discussion on forum is very much helpfull in a current state. People mostly discuss it between each other but are quite lazy to write it here.
I'd rather wait for a few weeks to let things settle and let people experiment with new strategies. So remind me in a few weeks and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the marketplace then.

Once my exams are over in a few weeks I'd like to make an RC for testing shields/bowmen balance changes.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 10 Nov 2012, 12:11

Sounds great, shieldpatch. ;)

Good luck with your exams!
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 10 Nov 2012, 13:31

Yeah, I love flamewars... :D I hope this time we'll actually give feedback about fight balance (and market) instead of bitching at each other :P We totally should revive IRC chat and/or invite everyone interested to Teamspeak when the RCs begin. As Mulberry wrote, forums are not the best thing for heated discussions in this community :)

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”