Planned market changes

<<

Chris

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Planned market changes

Interesting.... Muwhahaha
Sorry, I'll post some usefull comments soon, but by the looks of it I'm disagreeing with Mullberry AGAIN! Nothing against you mate, but it's hard for me to agree with your points. Sometimes old strategies have to die. And as some off you guys already know, I changed my style awhile ago and can keep up with the rest or even outproduce you. I'm also for mirrored maps, but maps like back in the desert is also great, where each loc has it's pro's and cons. Good to see some changes!
The clown formerly known as Fu
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 07 Nov 2012, 15:47

Interesting.... Muwhahaha
Sorry, I'll post some usefull comments soon, but by the looks of it I'm disagreeing with Mullberry AGAIN! Nothing against you mate, but it's hard for me to agree with your points. Sometimes old strategies have to die. And as some off you guys already know, I changed my style awhile ago and can keep up with the rest or even outproduce you. I'm also for mirrored maps, but maps like back in the desert is also great, where each loc has it's pro's and cons. Good to see some changes!
No problems, Fu :D

All we are doing last realeses is killing old strategies. The bad thing is that we cant make a new one :D (balance issues)
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Nov 2012, 15:52

Just got off speaking with Krom on skype (myself Pizza and Romek were in a conversation) and 4:1 (coal- tree) is a good solution if you want to make market useless for tree trunks and for emergency situations only. The only thing to watch out for is shields for tree trunks and tree trunks for iron/coal. other then that your solution for 4:1 will defiantly do the job, I agree for sure!
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 07 Nov 2012, 16:09

Just got off speaking with Krom on skype (myself Pizza and Romek were in a conversation) and 4:1 (coal- tree) is a good solution if you want to make market useless for tree trunks and for emergency situations only. The only thing to watch out for is shields for tree trunks and tree trunks for iron/coal. other then that your solution for 4:1 will defiantly do the job, I agree for sure!
Very very good! Lets test it then! :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2012, 17:00

Very happy to see these changes. :D I am looking forward to trying them out!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Nov 2012, 18:57

Ah, finally a real discussion again. personally I like to see the market nerfed. Some people said using the market wisely is a real skill. I think that's not true. A real challenge is to play without market(abuse) like TDL explains us all the time. Like someone else said it's also used to correct your own mistakes, so you see it's just the oposite. What bothers me the most is that some people who say they are top players are top players only because they focus on market abuse. Those players will use the market in any game, on any location, trading for tree trunks (used to be from coal, nowadays iron). So for me it's an invalid argument to say that the market saves their early game if they are playing on a 'bad' location. Because they also use the same strategy on an 'overpowered' location, making them even stronger. About maps with low resources or unbalanced locations: Across the desert is the best example of low resources (both low trees at start and total amount of resources, for instance gold at lategame). If you take the time to set up some extra woodcutters at the start instead of market and coalmines/ironmines early I'm pretty sure you won't be without timber. Maybe we should ask TDL who is used to play like this. About maps with unbalanced locations. I don't mind aslong teams are balanced. If one player on team 1 starts with only 10 trees nearby then one player on team 2 should also start with 10 trees nearby for example. I once heard a player proudly say: ''look at my build, I had my first woodcutter up at 40 mins into the game!''. He called it ''using the market wisely''... I agree with one thing Mully said. If you can't expand that fast anymore you will have less troops as a result probably. With less troops towers will be even more difficult to take down and you will see the builderrush being used more often. So to conclude I'd say let the market be used primarely in lategame where some resources are depleted.

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2012, 19:58

I totally agree with Leeuwgie. The lategame should (in my opinion) be when the marketplace is most useful.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 07 Nov 2012, 23:16

I totally agree with Leeuwgie. The lategame should (in my opinion) be when the marketplace is most useful.
your opinion seems to shift left and right, as long as its against market anything goes for you.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Nov 2012, 23:20

If you take the time to set up some extra woodcutters at the start instead of market and coalmines/ironmines early I'm pretty sure you won't be without timber. Maybe we should ask TDL who is used to play like this.
Yes, this works, and of course it depends on the map and its locations whether it's necessairy or not.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2012, 23:29

wrote:
your opinion seems to shift left and right, as long as its against market anything goes for you.
I sense a great deal of hostility in your post.

For one: I am open minded about it. If someone presents a good argument, I may very well be swayed.
However, right now I don't like the marketplace. However if the marketplace is in the game than I believe that this should be it's primary purpose: To regain nonrenewable resources.

My opinion is not changing left and right. I believe that you are just not understanding me...
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2012, 02:00

To, maps such as golden cliffs have enough starting trees, We have tested it with positive results, with no market there is a slight loss in numbers, but not very significant.(army wise)
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Nov 2012, 02:48

with no market there is a slight loss in numbers, but not very significant.(army wise)
That's what I've been saying from the beginning, I'm glad you (plural) finally came to this conclusion as well. It would've been nice if you would have tested it before panicking so much.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Nov 2012, 04:43

If Across the Desert (loc 4 and 3 in particular) and Golden Cliffs (loc 4) have enough starting trees then I guess that most maps can be played without an early market, which is nice. To be clear on this, I don't mind players who use the market like (for instance) Revo does. In fact I use it similar like him. I just don't like the idea that some players centre their entire build around the use of the market. In the other market topic Pizza said that Cliffs isn't suited for market abuse but in fact that map is also used for it alot. Some use coal, others iron. It's like giving them a finger but they take the whole hand. In the previous release many players traded for skins alot (2 gold). Now that it's 4 gold people don't buy that much skins anymore, which is good. The end of Fu's horseparade is in sight hehe.

To
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 08 Nov 2012, 07:12

Yes that's what I wanted to say, goodbye horses.
Now It's realy a choice I think,
1 stable means 2 pigfarms less and 1 mill + 1 baker more if you want to have the same amount of food and farms.
Anyway it's realy strange to play without market. :P
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Nov 2012, 08:39

Well if you want 10+ horses, yes you will need fast stables which comes at a cost. But it's not that hard to first build 2-3 swine farms and then stables, you'll have a couple of horses after pt which is just perfect for me.
It's funny to see everyone talking about no market gameplay, on the other hand it looks like you're discovering a whole new game... I wonder how you played back when there was no marketplace. :P

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”