Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

1st 2x2 championship KaMClub.ru.

<<

Mercenary

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 31 Oct 2012, 14:27

Re: 1st 2x2 championship KaMClub.ru.

at least someone understands us,thank you sado1,thank you very much for the support
Russian army the best members and playersin the world
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Oct 2012, 15:14

BTW I saw the post of The Dark Lord nearby, where he said that russian players said that they are the best. I do not remember something about this. Maybe I told that "I am the best" but it is not hard to notice the irony in this words. However in last year russian players were one of the strongest players in kam. But time changes...
I have been reading posts at kamclub.ru in the past with the help of Google Translate. While I agree with Siegfried that Google Translate is far from perfect and using it increases the chance of missing subtleties, a lot can be understood nevertheless.
Although most posts I'm referring to are not relevant anymore (they are pretty outdated), I have always felt that Russian people thought they stand a bit 'above' foreigners. A perfect example of this is the surprise some forum members showed (I will not name people personally) when a foreign player turned out to be able to beat some skilled Russian players in battle. It's a kind of arrogance, and I can't help but looking at it sarcastically. It makes people look ignorant and shortsighted.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 31 Oct 2012, 16:14

'A foreign player turned out to be able to beat some skilled Russian players.'
What's special about that?
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 31 Oct 2012, 16:15

2Krom
Last screen contains main offense IMHO
I even see no terrible in this phrase. Kirelareus told there, that most of foreign guys which he met are not adequate, as it will be enough (I do not know how translate correct "не отличается адекватностью"). But it is not equal like not adequate at all. In those case he could say "неадекватны". So where is xenophobia? And he told not about all, as u can see in those phrase.

2Sado
Well, saying that "most foreigners have bad attitude" isn't the same as saying "all foreigners have bad attitude". I think Kirill meant "SOME foreigners have bad attitude" but mistakenly used the word "most". Or maybe he met mostly the rude ones and that's why he thinks most of them are bad. Remember that most of this stuff was a response to Matt's application, and it's understandable for me that Kirill might not trust/like him.
+100500!!!!!! This is the best post of the topic. That is the best evidence that all this accusations about xenophobia is bullshit.

2The Dark Lord
I have been reading posts at kamclub.ru in the past with the help of Google Translate
google translator sucks for correct translation from russian.
While I agree with Siegfried that Google Translate is far from perfect and using it increases the chance of missing subtleties, a lot can be understood nevertheless.
there are many nuances in russian language. If u will translate them wrong - it will distort all the meaning.
A perfect example of this is the surprise some forum members showed (I will not name people personally) when a foreign player turned out to be able to beat some skilled Russian players in battle.
well, you forgot about the time, when those words had been written. And especially about battles. It all was true about 1,5 year in past. When I played my first battles in origin KaM against foreign players - I beat them easily. When I begun play in remake - I should change all game process for it, and I made it successfully (but lost my form at all for nowadays). And what about economy games? In fact that in last year we (I mean main russian players) beat our opponents in totally most our games, and that is why such words about russian players in those time are damn right. So do not project those statements on the present, Lord :)
Image Image
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 31 Oct 2012, 16:25

Lord stronghold, TDL is probably referring to your rage when you lost 1v1 against me.
Also if you dont want players from this forum then say it straight out , list it in the rules, but why advertising it on this forum and not accepting those players from the forum?
I looked on the forum and they have now added us in the list, I would like to say thank you on the behalf of me and pizza and chicken.
Last edited by EDMatt on 31 Oct 2012, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 31 Oct 2012, 16:35

Lord stronghold, TDL is probably referring to your rage when you lost 1v1 against me.
what rage? I just asked u about rematch - u decline my plea, nothing more. U told that I think about myself more, than I deserve, but I answered u that u have no such experience for right estimating my game (especially that u played with me just 1 game and in those time, when I could not play enough for supporting good form). And DTL agree with me at those time. So there is no reason for accusation of xenophobia or arrogance.
Also if you dont want players from this forum then say it straight out , list it in the rules, but why advertising it on this forum and not accepting those players from the forum?
I am not founder of this tournament, however I know the rules (I mean start rules, which maybe canceled now - it is an actual issue). Nvmd what Kirelareus or smb else think about u, u put aplication form after the main bracked was defined, that is why your team should be in reserve, and will be able to play in that case, if some team cannot play. Aplication form should be put in topic in kamclub, but not here. This topic just is an announce.
Last edited by Lord_Stronghold on 31 Oct 2012, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 31 Oct 2012, 16:37

what rage? I just asked u about rematch - u decline my plea, nothing more. U told that I think about myself more, than I deserve, but I answered u that u have no such experience for right estimating my game (especially that u played with me just 1 game and in those time, when I could not play enough for supporting good form). And DTL agree with me at those time. So there is no reason for accusation of xenophobia or arrogance.
I believe TDL warned you twice for using bad language and cursing. (one of it was calling us new players "cocksuckers")
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 31 Oct 2012, 16:41

I believe TDL warned you twice for using bad language and cursing. (one of it was calling us new players "cocksuckers")
kk that was my fault (about c#cks#ckers), and I admit it. But only this :wink:
Image Image
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Oct 2012, 17:23

'A foreign player turned out to be able to beat some skilled Russian players.'
What's special about that?
Nothing, which was exactly my point.
well, you forgot about the time, when those words had been written. And especially about battles. It all was true about 1,5 year in past. When I played my first battles in origin KaM against foreign players - I beat them easily. When I begun play in remake - I should change all game process for it, and I made it successfully (but lost my form at all for nowadays). And what about economy games? In fact that in last year we (I mean main russian players) beat our opponents in totally most our games, and that is why such words about russian players in those time are damn right. So do not project those statements on the present, Lord :)
That you beat most foreign players easily does not mean they are all bad. Back then you just assumed only Russian people were worth playing with, while you maybe only knew 1/10th of all foreigners. It's not of my concern who you play with though, you just can't assume that 'all foreign players are bad' because 'I beat MOST of them easily'.
I wasn't directly referring to that specific case, although it is another excellent example. If you assume you can beat everyone easily (except the people you know) you will face some unpleasant surprises sooner or later because there is always someone out there who can beat you. How can you say 'this player is the best' if you don't know every player?
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 31 Oct 2012, 17:36

The Dark Lord
That you beat most foreign players easily does not mean they are all bad. Back then you just assumed only Russian people were worth playing with, while you maybe only knew 1/10th of all foreigners. It's not of my concern who you play with though, you just can't assume that 'all foreign players are bad' because 'I beat MOST of them easily'.
where I said that they were bad? I said only that I was stronger in those matches.
I wasn't directly referring to that specific case, although it is another excellent example
example of what? As Florek said, it was my butthurt and it was true) But I know that it is easy to beat me for now) I am pity about this, that is why I had a butthurtXD
How can you say 'this player is the best' if you don't know every player?
I thought that u noticed my irony when I said somth like I am the best etc) I won just some tournaments, nothing more.
Image Image
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 03 Nov 2012, 13:00

As I see the case, R.A felt offended because of some impolite words, I have no idea why we got them. We didn't want to play with people who say things like that, this is why our team had decided to rather not participate in the turnament. We thought that they would have crushed it or something like that. Kirelareus is not xenophobic, his behavior is understandable if you know what was his opinion about this.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Nov 2012, 15:19

Although most posts I'm referring to are not relevant anymore (they are pretty outdated), I have always felt that Russian people thought they stand a bit 'above' foreigners. A perfect example of this is the surprise some forum members showed (I will not name people personally) when a foreign player turned out to be able to beat some skilled Russian players in battle. It's a kind of arrogance, and I can't help but looking at it sarcastically. It makes people look ignorant and shortsighted.
Well said, Dark Lord. Spoken like an intellect. It really is arrogant, offensive, and inconsiderate to boast like that. It passes prejudgment upon someone before they can even prove themselves.
Example: "Hmm. Too many players in the lobby. I'll just kick this guy: he isn't from Russia."
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Nov 2012, 15:25

Example: "Hmm. Too many players in the lobby. I'll just kick this guy: he isn't from Russia."
i do not really want to get involved in this discussion but i did expreince this a few times actually.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Nov 2012, 15:47

i do not really want to get involved in this discussion but i did expreince this a few times actually.
That can happen with any country, cos players prefer to chat in their native language and are not always polite enough to explain that before kicking.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Nov 2012, 18:48

That can happen with any country, cos players prefer to chat in their native language and are not always polite enough to explain that before kicking.
This is reasonable. It would still be nice to inform them first; though.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Tournaments”