Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Unpopular Multiplayer Maps

<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 11 Aug 2012, 20:55

Re: Unpopular Multiplayer Maps

Across the desert is one of the maps I prefer, but indeed gold is quite a problem if the game lasts for a long time.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 12 Aug 2012, 00:31

Across the desert is one of the maps I prefer, but indeed gold is quite a problem if the game lasts for a long time.
Not at all, ever heard of trading iron for gold, when coal is mostly depleted and enough coal is left for gold?
So it goes like this:
1: Turn off iron weapons production when coal starts to deplete (when your left with 6-5 mines)
2: When gold is depleted start trading iron for gold
3: Profit?
what I am trying to say is that its possible to manage the gold for up to 2 hours game, actually i just played a game on across with a game of 1 hour and 50 minutes and my gold was working perfectly fine, infact i had still 15 chests in my store house and building constantly recruits, want replay?
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2012, 00:36

EDMatt, I think you should totally drop the 'cool' attitude.
Ill pass, but tnx for your advice :)
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2012, 01:16

Not at all, ever heard of trading iron for gold, when coal is mostly depleted and enough coal is left for gold?
So it goes like this:
1: Turn off iron weapons production when coal starts to deplete (when your left with 6-5 mines)
2: When gold is depleted start trading iron for gold
3: Profit?
what I am trying to say is that its possible to manage the gold for up to 2 hours game, actually i just played a game on across with a game of 1 hour and 50 minutes and my gold was working perfectly fine, infact i had still 15 chests in my store house and building constantly recruits, want replay?
Talking to me like if just began the game isn't really helping ...

Yes, i'm aware that the market is done to trade goods.
And yes, I was also "forced" to use the market to trade gold (I only use the market when there's no gold anymore or if I die of hunger) in an across the desert game (against sado1), but I kept my iron production running, I've trade wood for gold, and it worked well. (just had to do 2 extra woodcuters and a sawmill)

(the two next lines will be irony)
(this line is going to be irony) So I even did better than you, I kept doing iron weapons and armors, while you just shut iron production down ! aha I'm learning you how to play ! (that line was irony)
(this line is going to be irony) Want replay so you can learn how to play ? (that line was irony)
(the last two lines were irony)

Lesson of the day :
Why are you so haughty ? You could have just said : "I don't agree, I think there's enough gold and in late-game you can trade some goods for gold in the market, I think it makes the map more interesting because it is a different gameplay"

I'm not a "super pro rocking player", but I know how to use the market, thanks.

Anywaaaay, talking seriously :
Obviously in any map if the game is too long gold depletes, but I believe it does deplete too early in across the desert (notice I'm just giving my opinion, not forcing anyone to agree).
Gold often disappears too fast when I'm playing on this map.

We're just discussing about maps, so remake's developers can have a "pool" of all the players' opinions, and I think we just have to discuss without laughing at each other if we want it to be an interesting thread for the devs.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 12 Aug 2012, 02:02

I agree market can be used to equivalent low amount of gold. But the real question is: do we want it to stay like that, or just add more gold to simplify things? I see no reason why additional gold shouldn't be added. It's not a big change.

By the way, do we stay in this topic or move somewhere else with Across posts (/me glances at mods)? Because there are uneven locations here as well, I'm curious if anyone has any ideas how to improve Across' balance while not changing this original map too much. Mulberry, you said at shoutbox you had an idea but I don't think I ever saw you posting details about that.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Aug 2012, 06:39

EDMatt, I think you should totally drop the 'cool' attitude.
Agreed.

Anyway, given that the voting system didn't really work in this topic (my idea was way too complicated, but the topic did result in some interesting discussion) I have made a new topic for voting:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1062

Please cast your votes, but read my post first. And keep the discussions going, it's interesting to see what people think about various maps.
Cheers,
Lewin.
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Aug 2012, 17:39

New proposal to HOMA I,

loc 1,2,3 vs 4,5,6 = 6 players
or
loc 1,2 vs 4,5 = 4 players
or
3v6 = 2 players

X- delete loc
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2012, 18:54

If you think the problem will be fixed by deleting locs, you should consider removing loc 3 instead of the one under loc 3.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Remake 2012

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 12 Aug 2012, 19:10

If you think the problem will be fixed by deleting locs, you should consider removing loc 3 instead of the one under loc 3.
hmm, ok,
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 14 Aug 2012, 12:51

Across the desert is one of the maps I prefer, but indeed gold is quite a problem if the game lasts for a long time

Lesson of the day :
Why are you so haughty ? You could have just said : "I don't agree, I think there's enough gold and in late-game you can trade some goods for gold in the market, I think it makes the map more interesting because it is a different gameplay"
That would be something that you would say, not me ;)
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 14 Aug 2012, 12:55

That's a pity.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 14 Aug 2012, 13:10

Indeed it is. Little boys these days...
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 16 Aug 2012, 12:46

Well i looked again maps and find some maps to delete/improve;

-BAttle for Coal- Remove map or army, but then it will be tower wars. Imho unpopular and unintersting.
-Blood River- its worse version Strait of Sharks, dont see reason to keep it.
-Bridge Disaster- unpopular also, low space, easy tower spam in narrow entrances.
-Stranded both versions- terrible balance, unplaybale map. Also flat.
-Welcome to the JUngle- too many palms, too low coal. Changing those 2 things may help.
-Oasis Struggle- this map should be for 4 players, maybe 6 but not 8. Also poor resources( coal, iron)
-Blitzkrieg- map for 1v1 imho, and even when only 2 players here, still too low space. Adding some terrain to plant trees/for farms should help.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 16 Aug 2012, 12:51

-BAttle for Coal- Remove map or army, but then it will be tower wars. Imho unpopular and unintersting.
I think its worth a try without the troops
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 16 Aug 2012, 13:30

But as i said, there will be tower wars im almost sure. 2 times played this map, and 2 times first who reach coal, building towers to prevent other use it ;/

But with blocked towers and removing troops it can be worth play.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”