Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM-Olympic Games

<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Aug 2012, 13:01

KaM-Olympic Games

Hello. I dont know english very well, and i am using Google Translate.

The Olympic Games are the great tradition, so why not join this wonderful event? KaM Olympic Games will be held every two years, and players from around the world will compete in various "sports" of this great game. These sports can be:
Building 1x1. PT - 60 min
Building 2x2. PT - 60 min
Building 2x2. PT - 100-120 min
Building 2x2. PT - 0-40 min
Battle 1x1
Battle 2x2
And maybe building in original KaM.
It is also possible to fix the records of slain enemies, for the lost soldiers to make weapons and so on.
I look forward to your feedback (H)
Last edited by vovets1 on 06 Aug 2012, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Aug 2012, 14:50

Re: KaM-Olympic Games

Haha I like that idea, although every two years is a pretty long time. (the Remake has only been in development for a bit over 4) It would need someone (or a few people) to organise it like the tournament.

There could be economic goals like producing the most bread in 60 minutes on a certain location on a certain map (or any resource)
<<

Private.NL

Axe Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 06 Aug 2012, 14:52

Haha I like that idea, although every two years is a pretty long time. (the Remake has only been in development for a bit over 4) It would need someone (or a few people) to organise it like the tournament.

There could be economic goals like producing the most bread in 60 minutes on a certain location on a certain map (or any resource)
I don't know how may time I/We need to organise such a event, but I am offering myself as volunteer :)
Always look on the bright side of KaM! :D
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 06 Aug 2012, 14:59

Once a year a lot of tournaments and the Olympics - it is something grand, to which were prepared for a long time. About the organization - I think that one group of people do not should prepare champions prizes, etc. A must, depending on where the real Olympics is held. That is, in 2012 prepared the British players in 2014 - Russian. But that's not enough of Brazilian players, and in this issue.
<<

Private.NL

Axe Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 06 Aug 2012, 15:10

About the organization - I think that one group of people do not should prepare champions prizes, etc. A must, depending on where the real Olympics is held.
What kind of prizes are you thinking off?
Always look on the bright side of KaM! :D
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 06 Aug 2012, 15:31

hm... In Russian game site, there were five championships. For the victory gave the organizers of computer games in Steam, or just the money. Still, the players tried to win a prize - it is a stimulus.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Aug 2012, 23:10

hm... In Russian game site, there were five championships. For the victory gave the organizers of computer games in Steam, or just the money. Still, the players tried to win a prize - it is a stimulus.
And who pays for that? Is the Russian site making profits from ads, or anything?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 07 Aug 2012, 05:20

And who pays for that? Is the Russian site making profits from ads, or anything?
Prize funds consist of 2 parts, base amount is offered by Bur (site owner) from his pocket and additional amount is donated by active community members. For example I have donated for 3rd (or was it 4th?) champ prize myself. Resulting sum is not too big, but enough to afford some few games from Steam for the winners :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Aug 2012, 08:27

Well, if prizes are not required, then everything becomes easier. Then the gift will be the name on the home page, universal respect for, and may be a special mark in the profile.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2012, 14:36

Well, if prizes are not required, then everything becomes easier. Then the gift will be the name on the home page, universal respect for, and may be a special mark in the profile.
Hehehe... "Univeral respect" and a "Star/Medal in profile" are enough.
I would like to participate in 1v1 competition somewhen, dunno if has to be "Olympic".
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Aug 2012, 04:49

I do not know when it will be because there are many others who wish to conduct their championship, and we must make these championships and the Olympics (it will probably take quite a long period of time) do not intersect. But I know the approximate limit and create a grid.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 22 Aug 2012, 17:43

Unfortunately because of the abundance of the Russian championship Olympics postponed until next year. I'm sorry. :(
I also want to say that the Olympic Games should be a pair of one country (And how then arrange the medal standings, also interesting to learn, whose country is the best in the world at a particular time on the game in the KaM :D ). I understand that good players each country a lot, and everyone wants to take part in the tournament, especially in the Olympics. But the Olympics - it is a battle the strongest. It will be necessary to conduct a preliminary selection for the Olympics. It can be a little championship, or voting. This is the country it's the players.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 15 Aug 2013, 18:36

Guys, i understood that it wil be to hard to find ppl to all game modes(i mean pt0, 40, 60, tactic, etc.) And i have other idea.
I'll organize a tournament, 16 team (4 ppl in team) and all random. I mean that game mode, ppl (1-4), maps and sides are random. One match - 3x3 pt 60 on western, the other - 2x2 tactic on cross, third one - 4x4 on florecense, etc. But 1x1 pt 60min - stupid, really?
Because of it, i'll limit some situations.
For example you can play with pt60 only 3x3 or 4x4.
Tactic isnt limited
Pt 40 3x3 or 4x4
Pt 0 only 4x4
Florecense 3x3 or 4x4 (mb 2x2)
Rate pls my idea, if i'll get your positive review, i'll organize itin autumm.
<<

Skypper

Knight

Post 15 Aug 2013, 18:50

i like the idea of a tournament :)
but do you mean that you will end in a random team, with random players?
if you need help, you can ask me
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 15 Aug 2013, 19:29

nono, players arent randomly, only game style, count of gamers, map and locs.

Return to “Tournaments”