Re: Results of multiplayer games

Sorry guys, I can play only on Sundays (
R.A - power in unity!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Jan 2012, 06:13

Wow. You guys must spend a significant portion of your life playing video games with cities that large :P
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 13 Jan 2012, 19:31

I am overjoyed!!!
No, I am pissed off.
ALL servers lagged, we were unable to continue, 90mins of my life wasted.
Also, Road Of The Valley should have towers disabled. If not, THE MAP SUCKS!!! *grunting voice* RAGE!!!!!
Last edited by GreatWhiteBear on 14 Jan 2012, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 13 Jan 2012, 23:31

Also, Valley of Dangers should have towers disabled. If not, THE MAP SUCKS!!! *grunting voice* RAGE!!!!!
If you loose/are in a difficulty/take a lot of time to kill the enemy -> the map sucks ? If you want to give suggestions, explain a bit, give pros and cons, and don't say "it sucks".
IDEA NOT ACCEPTED. TOWERS ALLOWED. GOODBYE. (caps don't make your writing more interesting, only more annoying)

Oh by the way, there's not enough room to do an efficient bunker in this map, you loose a looot of time/stone to defend the middle with towers early, and if you really want a bunker at the entrance of your town, you loose a lot of valuable space to build. So doing a huge bunker will not be very efficient.
You should be able to kill a weakened enemy in this map where it's easy to siege a town, and where you must go out of your area to find space and ressources after some time.
In this map, a besieged enemy, enclosed in his area, will die really soon if he doesn't escape, because you can expand while he's totally blockaded. That's technically a disadvantage to do a bunker here.
Doing early towers in the middle will grant you a (temporary) control in the middle, but you'll be sooo late ! If the enemy is doing this and you're not, then you should have a reasonable army to kill the towers. There are quite a few entrances to each "valley" in the middle ! By the way, I should really add in the description that it shouldn't be played with peacetime, the towers you have at the beginning are enough of a protection, and it's really more interesting without peacetime here.

Some of my sentences may look nasty, that's only to show you that saying "IT SUCKS", without any explanation is so stupid and is really annoying for the creator of the map, who spent quite a lot of time on it.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2012, 10:23

*FACEPALM* Road of the Valley, not Valley of Dangers.
Sooo sorry. O god, I feel stupid.
Nothing wrong with Valley of Dangers, it is just a bit odd.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Jan 2012, 10:35

The lag might not be the servers, sometimes it's the game code running slowly. We've done some optimisations since the last release. Although there aren't many servers running at the moment so it might lag more when there are a lot of players on one server.

Yes I think Road of the Valley needs to have towers banned, otherwise it is a crazy rush to get the iron. The first player with some towers in the pass wins. Another solution would be to have multiple entrances into the iron corner areas. (from inside the player's area perhaps) Maybe someone could send a PM to the guy who made the map and see what he thinks?

LOL I was wondering why you had a problem with towers on Valley of Dangers :P I've heard a few people complain about that map, but I think it's good to have a map like this. I played it once and enjoyed it. Some people are very much into competitive play so it's great to have a map that appeals to these people. But some people dislike maps that don't look realistic. Instead of complaining those people should just play other maps and accept that different people like different things.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Jan 2012, 11:00

GWB, you should really consider taking prescription medication.. How on earth can you freak out like that over a game.. :rolleyes:
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2012, 11:09

90min wasted... Leavers everywhere.
Someone pretending to be me.
I love this game.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2012, 12:42

I seriously begin to wonder why you don't quit playing this game.

If I were you I would have stopped long time ago. A hobby that mostly wastes your time; people that mostly annoy you; all the bad mood you had in the last few weeks.

You seemed to be a good member of that community (I specifically think about the tournament you tried now), so you are worth deal with you. So I really wonder what keeps you playing a game in a frameset that bothers you that much.

Quit before you become annoying to other people - or change your attitude towards your hobby.
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2012, 19:02

Oh ok, no problem if you wanted to say another name ;) But still, don't say it like that :o
I also totally agree with Lewin here :
Instead of complaining those people should just play other maps and accept that different people like different things.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2012, 19:11

I seriously begin to wonder why you don't quit playing this game.

If I were you I would have stopped long time ago. A hobby that mostly wastes your time; people that mostly annoy you; all the bad mood you had in the last few weeks.

You seemed to be a good member of that community (I specifically think about the tournament you tried now), so you are worth deal with you. So I really wonder what keeps you playing a game in a frame set that bothers you that much.

Quit before you become annoying to other people - or change your attitude towards your hobby.
Because I keep telling myself that there are people like me who don't leave. And those guys are desperately looking for a match which will put them to the test.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Jan 2012, 19:56

What is funny is that this is basically a Topic of Results, so only finished games should be posted (with images or replay better).
If we had an unfinished game it shouldnt even be mentioned here!

Btw, can everyone help me saving the Replays of your games? Only Construction matches.
I have the idea to store many Replays... here or in a separated Topic.
Easier, less space occupied about matches, finished & unfinished ones (if unF, at least with +60 minutes).

I recommend using uploader http://www.mediafire.com -> its easy, free and no pop-ups (Then copy link and post it).
Im going to help GWB with the Ranking, first I need lots of material (replays) to evaluate players.

Procedure: Take a screenshot with Diplomacy open (when you start the match).
Thats enough to know PeaceTime, Players/Colours/Teams, pings and language they were listening. :)
Rename last Autosave with a specific Title, upload (mediafire.com) and post link here.
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 Jan 2012, 11:46

How do we take screenshots? Just Printscreen? Are they automatically saved in a KAM folder?
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 16 Jan 2012, 12:08

How do we take screenshots? Just Printscreen? Are they automatically saved in a KAM folder?
Just Printscreen. BUT, they arent saved in any folder, the image is retained in the CPU memory, so you have to Paste the screenshot opening the programm Paint (from Windows).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i9z299c8a2bq11y

I uploaded my first replay. With GWB I hope to reach some conclusions about Players involved and elaborate a objective Ranking.

By the way, there are 3 archives to Rename... which correspond all to the same replay.
autosave01.bas
autosave01.rpl
autosave01.sav

I changed those "autosave01" by the Title "Replay 1" :D
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 16 Jan 2012, 19:58

Mutko + Legend + caykroyd VS fence + Krisz + kecske + sado

This was quite a cool game :D
it was 3v4, but in the end we won.
Well, i forgot to take screen shots whilst in the game, and i only have the results :(
I didn't really manage to assemble a very big army anytime in the game, i think i had constantly a troop of archers (bowmen or cross) and some swordsmen. But the black ally (top left) managed to hold and defeat the two enemies in the top (he was alone), with only a little help from me when i could (though in the end green-enemy quit when all was over --- me and white-ally had killed the two bottom ones and were coming to help black with our armies)

I have to congratulate Mutko :D he played well.

ahhh, i didn't beat Mutko at "units defeated"! :mad: A pitty my coal finished in the end of the game and i had hundreds of weapons/armour to make soldiers but no gold :?

REPLAY: http://www.4shared.com/rar/ncZpT-BB/caykroyd.html

Return to “Game replays”