Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Christmas Tournament!

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Dec 2011, 11:07

Re: Christmas Tournament!

Yes I've been thinking about a commentary as well. I have some interesting replays that are suitable. :) But I lack a microphone. :P
<<

cemne2

Serf

Post 31 Dec 2011, 12:24

i attack biuw because i see him army and he didnt built tower so i attack him. I dont attack The Stronghord because he accepted my win :)
And i knew Biuw he built faster but in war he cant play. -_- If you watch, you can see.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 31 Dec 2011, 12:47

If you seen his coal problem you'd know he can fight, his recruits just didn't reach the towers in time.
I saw the replay, you cooperated end of story.
<<

Kamykos

Pikeman

Post 31 Dec 2011, 14:43

I think penalty points arent necessary. I hope that was first and the last time when they did it.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 31 Dec 2011, 15:55

For next time, I recommend using League format.

We need a more "Open modality" where all Players meet at determined hour using the Chat-room, and arrange how they will play.
As Dark Lord, I also consider GWB's pointing a bit imbalanced. With the "Ladder pointing" I suggested there wouldn't be complains.
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 01 Jan 2012, 00:05

Kirelareus
every defeat for Lord- a tragedy

yes, that is true)

Czento
I dont attack The Stronghord because he accepted my win

you attacked me first and my economy was fail. So I do not think that we played as duo.

GWB

Sorry, I should have put it in the head post.
Never the less, you can try to get everybody else on that match to complain and I will probably accept it and they will receive penalty points.

no. I am sure that after this statement you are able to give penalty points but not - on matches that were played before. So, not me, not Lucqu and Itlerion will not get the penalty points.

however I think that idea of penalty points is not good, cause ffa - it is realy FREE for all and one rule - no rules!

you cooperated

just in the end when everybody understood - that I was defeated.

Btw I do not understand why I earned 5 points for the victory in match of 4 men and Kamykos earned 7 points in match of 5 men.
Image Image
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 01 Jan 2012, 00:24

search.php?keywords=Penalty&t=829&sf=msgonly
Last one.

Rules or no rules, fair play needs to be maintained.

More people in one match=> More points in total to be earned in one match.
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 01 Jan 2012, 02:00

If I have enough complains about a certain player or seen evidence (replay), I will give him penalty points, no points at all or call for a rematch, depending on the violation.

did you write this before last match? well, I do not understand what is it - "enough complains". How we could understand - "enough" or not? Well this is really sucks. Well if 2 guys attacks 1 guy both - is it cooperation? So you should get such points to lusqu and itlerion. But this is uninteresting. Remember that Kamikos tried to help you in 2d round. I suggest - really ffa. And players will do that they wanna do. No rules. In another case - we should play as "robots" and such cases like cooperative besieging me by Lucqu and Itlerion will be a reason of non-interesting games.

Rules or no rules, fair play needs to be maintained.

so let us fight 1x1.

More points in total to be earned in one match.

I understand it, but why Kamykos earned 7 points for last match, cause we played 5-men, not 6. I earned 5 - for 4-men match, but not 6 points. So I asked you those question.
Image Image
<<

batoonike

Warrior

Post 01 Jan 2012, 13:19

I don't know what's been going on in the matches but I believe you can't have "you can't coooperate" rule in FFA. Ive played about 150 FFA matches with another RTS game and its inevitable that people cooperate at some point in the game. You are supposed to team the player who is strongest right now. Like if the game has been going on for 2 hours, 2 players see that 3rd on ise clearly winning, of course they should team him to death in order to have a chance to win. Its common FFA sense, if you don't do that youre not gonna win many FFAs.

However, of course it's not OK to have a plan to cooperate with someone from the beginning of the match. You can't pre-team people. Anyways I can't think of any other behaviour than pre-teaming that should receive "penalty points". Theres no freakin way you can determine if people were teaming or they just both attacked their biggest threat and ended up teaming third player.

The names in FFA tournament match could be changed to idno.. "player 1", "player 2" etc. If someone is good he will get teamed already for his name otherwise.

Due to the teaming factor 1o1 is complitely different from FFA and theres no way of measuring these 2 as one :) Thus if you wan't to determine best solo player, have 1o1 matches.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 01 Jan 2012, 14:08

Ok, done.
No penalty points.
Just don't pick those two spots at across the dessert, they are too close to not attack each other.
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 01 Jan 2012, 18:53

Just don't pick those two spots at across the dessert, they are too close to not attack each other.

np :D

GWB please, give me an answer on this question: "I understand it, but why Kamykos earned 7 points for last match? we played 5-men, not 6. I earned 5 - for 4-men match, but not 6 points."
Image Image
<<

Kirelareus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 03 Jan 2012, 10:03

I and Rayzel decided to withdraw from this tournament.
R.A - power in unity!
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 03 Jan 2012, 11:14

I sadly hereby announce the cancellation of the tournament, I received too many messages of people who can/will not play anymore.
<<

Lord_Stronghold

Crossbowman

Post 03 Jan 2012, 14:19

unfortunatelly, that is "sad, but true"( We did not play even 1 half of all matches, that we planed. So we should close this tournament, in my opinion, and make another 1 ... someday)
Image Image
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Jan 2012, 14:28

I sadly hereby announce the cancellation of the tournament, I received too many messages of people who can/will not play anymore.
Then I'll hereby close this topic.

We hope that in the future new tournaments will be organised. I think we can all learn from this one.

Thanks for trying, GWB.

Return to “Tournaments”