Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Remake new music "packs"

<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 10:43

KaM Remake new music "packs"

Hello, I am ThibbyRozier and i volunteered to make new music for KaM Remake.

The idea was to refresh the music and maybe even put a option in for you to select the individual songs or just a playlist.
I made 11 songs but took 2 out already, they were folk rock songs(with electric guitar) and seemed not very suitable for the game.

There is also a installer so you can just run it and install the songs directly into the music folder, this saves you time!! :D

Edit: Made the Uninstaller for the old songs, but it only works when the install path is "C:\Program Files\KaM Remake\Music" sorry for this, not the best with building proper Uninstallers for files that aren't installed with the installer I made, because it produces a .ini file at installation which I use to uninstall.(Yes, I made a new .ini file with a existing uninstaller that has the value "C:\Program Files\KaM Remake\Music\{song name}" in front of every old song.)
You can tap, at the end of the installing progress, if you want to uninstall, yes or no.(Just keep the check box, saying Launch KaM Remake Music Pack Preview selected or deselect the check box to keep the songs.)
I have the preview songs and installer on my Docs.Google.
I will provide you with the link under these lines of text. ;)

You can freely download them on my Docs.Google as they are all made by volunteers like me and all the generous artists.
All credits goes to them on musical base, all I did was mix them together and put some small effects and devices over them so they sound as they do in the songs.
I did it for you and for my own fun, i love doing it.

Link:
KaM Remake Song Pack Preview:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzhVCU ... dhYTI3ZTE0

Info about the songs:

Info about the old songs:
Sampling rate: 8-bit
Frequency rate: 22050Hz/s
Made with a PC and Synthesizers.

Info about the new songs:
Sampling rate: 32-bit float
Frequency rate: 48000Hz/s (Why not 96000Hz/s, well, because the average sound cards inside your PC/laptop can't even give more then 50000Hz/s, to get more you need to buy a external sounds card of, as example, M-audio. <-- Comes with Pro-tools software which I used to mix the songs. :3)
Made with real musicians, real instruments and in a real recording studio.
  Code:
Info about the songs in version 0.3.10: # Ballad of the Last Paladin: Vocals:  2 male vocalists (Russian) Instruments:  Harre darre  Wooden flute Standard drum kit (Crash, Ride, Hihat, Hi-tom, Low-tom, Floor tom, Snare and Kick) Tenor violin acoustic guitar Electric bass The original has a electric guitar (Had to cut the full section out that had guitar sounds...D: Or it would sound like a 8-bit again.) # Elven Flute Medieval Music: Instruments: Mandolin Tin flute (With a hell lot of echo.) # Embraced By The Shadows: Vocals: Female (Elven) Instruments: Keyboard Triangle 2 Mandolins Copper flute Wooden flute Contra bass Tambourine  # Imagine The Place Of Nothingness: Vocals: 3 Females (Hi Soprano, Low Soprano, Hi Tenor) Instruments: Keyboard Organ Bells # Instill Serenity: Vocals: Female (Humming) Instruments: Keyboard Copper flute # Sellerieterrasse: Instruments: 2 Bagpipes Tenor drum 3 Field drums Bongos (Hi/Low) Bass drum # sunset Herald: Vocals: Female (Russian) Instruments: Acoustic guitar # Think of me alive: Vocals: Male (Celtic) Instruments: Acoustic guitar 2 Violins (Tenor and Soprano) Clambs # Through Jakesh Eyes: Instruments: Keyboard Pan flute Violin kettledrum
  Code:
Info about the Dervish songs: A old project I once worked on with the effects. I have about 3 albums we made op my PC but I uploaded the best songs to my Docs.Google. I hope you will enjoy listening to them. Vocals: Ancient English English Instruments: Wooden flute Copper flute Contra bass Mandolin x2 Violin (Hi tenor) Acoustic guitar Banjo Tenor drum (Hi and low) Bongos (Hi and low) Congas (Hi and low) Beatring
Last edited by ThibbyRozier on 07 Aug 2012, 21:22, edited 13 times in total.
Kind regards,
Thimo Braker (ThibbyRozier)

Owner of Thibmo audio productions and theater technician at Hof88 Almelo.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Dec 2011, 10:58

Re: KaM Remake new music "packs"

Can't wait to listen to them! Too bad I can't while at work..

Did anyone already checked them out, post your feedback here! :)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 20 Dec 2011, 11:13

Oh, wow, that's impressive. Kind of medieval song in modern theme. I will give it a try in the game and see how it behaves in the near future. In general, I'd say that the style is a bit older than the original kam music style, which fits better to the actual game. It's just that I am already very used to the kam music (which is rather baroque than medieval).

My first impressions after hearing each song one time and a half - don't forget this is my personal taste and thus cannot be absolute:

- Ballad of the Last Paladin:
I think, this would have fitted very well with nice non-understandable vocals, until at 3:00 the electric guitars come in. A very nice song, I like to listen to it - but I think the fast second half does not go well with the slow kam gameplay.

- Elven Flute Medieval Music:
I love it. Slowly playing flutes. Nothing more to say. A definite yay :)

- Embraced By The Shadows:
Yay, a dream song, fits very well - except for huge battles maybe. I love it.

- Imagine The Place Of Nothingness:
The organs are a nice idea, I think this will go well, since this is a nice mixture between dreamery sound and dramatic scenes.

- Instill Serenity:
Smooth song, nicely done. Very suitable.

- Sellerieterrasse:
Did I ever mention that I love pipes? So I am certainly biased, but this would DEFINATELY be the song that has to be played to my Bannockburn-Map. Lewin&Krom - is there a way to pick a specific song for a specific map? This eventually has to be assigned :)

- sunset Herald:
Some more vocals in a language I don't know ;) But the vocals are too prominent. I don't think this goes too well with kam.

- Think of me alive:
Even more vocals, but this time they fit better, but are still a bit too emphasized.

- Through Jakesh Eyes:
Flutes, that's nice. I think, this goes very well with kam. A bit dramatic, but never obtrusive. A definite yay, one of the best of all :)
<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 11:15

Can't wait to listen to them! Too bad I can't while at work..

Did anyone already checked them out, post your feedback here! :)
Yes, Lewin listened to them(see his reply on kamremake.com).
Kind regards,

<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 11:26

@ Siegfried
Thanks. :)
These are just the previews to see who likes what and I will try to get the girl to play more elven songs.
And as far as I know it's not possible to make a specific playlist for one single map so-far.
They would have to make a special option in-game for that.

@All
One little thing i forgot, Lewin was thinking of maybe making a menu where you can select separate songs or to select a genre for the playlist.
So everybody has his/her own musical preferences playing in-game.

All musicians are welcome to send me multi-track recordings or come to me to record the tracks.(I live in the Netherlands, for exact location info or for sending the tracks, mail me on thibmorozier@gmail.com)
Kind regards,

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 20 Dec 2011, 11:57

Hi,

I just listened to the songs. Although I didn't like some of the songs, the most of them were pretty good! However, I'm not sure if they're suited for KaM.

Most of the songs have singing in them (in a foreign language). I don't know what language it is, but maybe the music that has lyrics is suitable for that country's KaM.
Also I have the feeling that I'm listening to Age of Empires music most of the time. This is a compliment, not a critique, since I love AOE. But that's the reason I don't find most of them fitting in with KaM.

I did like these two:
- Elven Flute Medieval Music
- Through Jakesh Eyes

Even though they sound completely different from the original KaM music, I can still imagine playing KaM with these songs. But for the rest I don't think the music fits KaM, especially the ones with singing in it. Still, some of the songs are really good :)

This is just my personal opinion, so maybe a lot of people like them for KaM, but I think I'll stick to the original music.
<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 12:42

@T*AnTi-V!RuZz
Thanks but as it's said, these are just previews. ;)
Eventually you can pick your own songs or music packs.
But that you for your reply. :)
Kind regards,

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Dec 2011, 12:56

Most of the songs have singing in them (in a foreign language). I don't know what language it is, but maybe the music that has lyrics is suitable for that country's KaM.
I'm guessing the words are in "old" languages such as Celtic but I don't know. To be honest I think that suits very well because it's actually "authentic" old languages. I think very few people will understand the words as those languages no longer have a "country". Of course I am assuming they are in that kind of language, perhaps they are in something well known and I just don't recognise it :P

TRACKS I REALLY LIKE:
Ballad of the Last Paladin
For some reason I really really love this song, I actually found myself humming it a few times today as I listened to them a few times as soon as you sent them last night :P However, with the "rock" part we can't really include it. Your band will probably hate the suggestion, but would it be possible to either cut out that section or play it in a more traditional style? (slower too, because as Siegfried said it's too fast for the slow KaM gameplay) I'm only asking because I love the song so much, it felt really nice playing with it. Even if it's not possible to change it I think I'll still add it to my own music folder because I like :P

Elven Flute Medieval Music
Very nice, I really can't see anyone objecting to this one :)

Embraced By The Shadows
I also really really like this one. I tried playing (including a battle) to this one and it fitted nicely. On a side note, this is the first hint of a woman ever seen in Knights and Merchants, even if she's just singing :P

Through Jakesh Eyes
This sounds quite dramatic for KaM, but also very suitable for a computer game. (it reminds me of the music of another game but I can't remember which)

SONGS I DON'T OBJECT TO:
Imagine The Place Of Nothingness
This one is nice, although it's no where near as "cheerful" as the original songs which are all quite happy sounding really. But I don't think that's such a problem, I enjoy trying a new "feeling" of KaM.

Instill Serenity

Sellerieterrasse

TRACKS I DON'T THINK ARE SUITABLE:

Sunset Herald
Sounds too much like a poem or story or something, and not enough like a song for KaM. I agree with what Siegfried wrote.

Think of me alive
Kind of too fast for KaM, and as Siegfried said the vocals are too prominent.

I'd love to hear more opinions :)
Thanks but as it's said, these are just previews. ;)
Can I just say that these are some damn good, professional previews ;) The original tracks are all computer generated (as far as I can tell) and these ones feel so "alive" and real in comparision. I've always had respect for games they use live, quality bands for the music, for example, SimCity 3000 had some great Jazz in it recorded by a real band. (as well as some "computer generated" tracks)
Cheers,
Lewin.
P.S. I can understand why some people would not want to play with these tracks because they are in a very different style. (although I think it gives the game a nice "fresh" feeling) But we can either make them separate downloads in a pack, or optional. (so you could tick "Originals", "Folk", etc. for the packs you want to be in the playlist) We could even allow you to choose exactly which songs you want if people think that's a good idea.
<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 13:07

I'm guessing the words are in "old" languages such as Celtic but I don't know.
Some are Russian and some in medieval languages like Celtic.
Ballad of the Last Paladin
For some reason I really really love this song, I actually found myself humming it a few times today as I listened to them a few times as soon as you sent them last night However, with the "rock" part we can't really include it. Your band will probably hate the suggestion, but would it be possible to either cut out that section or play it in a more traditional style? (slower too, because as Siegfried said it's too fast for the slow KaM gameplay) I'm only asking because I love the song so much, it felt really nice playing with it. Even if it's not possible to change it I think I'll still add it to my own music folder because I like.
I can cut the end part off and put a fade-out in it, if you like that.
sounds good??:3

Ps, @Lewin you surely take your time writing a post. XD But good arguments and i will try to put new songs up a.s.a.p.
Kind regards,

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 20 Dec 2011, 13:29

Some are Russian and some in medieval languages like Celtic.
Cool! It would be great if you could write a small bit of information about each song on your first post (you can edit it for this and as you add more too) e.g. where the music is from, what the instruments are, what the language is, etc.
I can cut the end part off and put a fade-out in it, if you like that.
sounds good??:3
I would love to hear how it sounds with the electric guitars section cut out. But I quite like the "lead in" to that section (before the electric guitars) and I very much like the final bit from 5:00 with the vocals, it's a very nice ending to the song. Perhaps you could fade it out just before the electric guitars and go straight to that bit at the end? But I'm sure you know best :P
Ps, @Lewin you surely take your time writing a post. XD But good arguments and i will try to put new songs up a.s.a.p.
Yes I always have, that's just how I do things :P
I look forward to hearing the new songs :)
<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 13:44

@Lewin
I will edit it and put in as much as I remember. xD
And I'll try that with the song, might take me some more time.
And all I need is time and musicians now, for the new songs. xD

And as final question, how many songs in total per genre/style?
Just so I can prepare for what's coming. XD

@All
If you have made some songs on your own, please post them!!
Kind regards,

<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 20 Dec 2011, 13:56

And as final question, how many songs in total per genre/style?
Just so I can prepare for what's coming. XD
As much as you can do without exhausting yourself :) But I think you should take your time and do things with care. Better do 5 songs with that quaility than 25 in fast-food-style.

At least I will use your new songs ingame.
<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 15:18

As much as you can do without exhausting yourself :) But I think you should take your time and do things with care. Better do 5 songs with that quaility than 25 in fast-food-style.

At least I will use your new songs ingame.
Ghehe, oke. :P
And good to hear!

I am at home now so i'll update the header.
Kind regards,

<<

ThibbyRozier

Rogue

Post 20 Dec 2011, 17:18

Omg!!!!
I totally forgot about a old program i worked on. O.O
3 albums with medieval songs, including foreign English. O.O
It's dervish music.
Should I put that up?? O.O
Kind regards,

<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 20 Dec 2011, 19:15

I'll listen to these later - interesting idea, but personally I think I'd prefer the classic KaM music in my game. That will still be an option, right?

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”