Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

bug/glitch with roads

<<

mattheus

Peasant

Post 31 Oct 2011, 12:16

bug/glitch with roads

played my first online game today with some friends, and one of them trolled the enemy when he was defeated by spamming the enemy camp full with roads that would never be buids since he had no builders left. This stopped the enemy from building anything... sounds like something that is slightly unbalanced. maybe you can change this in the next patch that unbuilt roads/farmland/vineyard don't interfere with building by other players?

mattheus
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Oct 2011, 14:39

That's a ridiculous tactic and I'm surprised that your friend even enjoyed using it. It just ruins a game completely. It is indeed necessairy to fix this but please, teach your friend what fair play is in the meantime.

Edit: What's his name by the way? Then I can make a note for myself so I'll remember not to play with him.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Oct 2011, 14:46

3 things:

1) I laughed my ass off :lol: . Even if it happened to me. But only for a short time, then it would get annoying. Either way, I think it's pretty smart of him :P

2) It should be fixed indeed, even when the 'match-end' screen is implemented. If the game continues when one's completely destroyed, he should go in some kind of a 'spectator-mode', in which he can't do anything.

3) @TDL: he can change his name anytime he likes.. There's no point in writing his name down..
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 31 Oct 2011, 16:15

Of course he can, but most players use their name more than once.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 31 Oct 2011, 17:23

Of course he can, but most players use their name more than once.
Of course they do, but not if they're 'black-listed'.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 31 Oct 2011, 19:55

I once defeated an enemy and made smiley's in his fields. but let him live.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Nov 2011, 01:39

Yeah this is a problem that needs to be addressed. You shouldn't be able to see each other's work plans, so theoretically every player could try to build a road on the same tile without even knowing. There are complications with that such as plans of other players needing to be canceled when one labourer starts work (including roads under a building site) and the fact that work plans are stored in the terrain matrix and there can currently only be 1 per tile. I'll discuss it with Krom some time.
Do you think allies should see each others plans? I think yes otherwise it'll be too hard to build connected villages.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Nov 2011, 07:52

Do you think allies should see each others plans? I think yes otherwise it'll be too hard to build connected villages.
I agree.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 01 Nov 2011, 12:20

Yeah, allies should see each other's plans, I think. Maybe even be able to delete each other's plans, if necessary?
<<

mattheus

Peasant

Post 01 Nov 2011, 13:07

yes, allies should see each others plans, this is also handy if you are trying to teach the game to someone, you can quickly show by making a bulding plan in his camp and then removing it ofcourse :P
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 01 Nov 2011, 16:01

Or just make those X's on the ground be only visible and usable for the owner of those X's. All other players should just be able to ignore those X's.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 01 Nov 2011, 21:16

Or just make those X's on the ground be only visible and usable for the owner of those X's. All other players should just be able to ignore those X's.
I disagree, I think allies really need to see each other's otherwise you will try to build at the same places and end up confused.
The players can just ignore the X's, but their client must still know they exist otherwise it won't know to send a labourer there. We rely on all clients running exactly the same simulation, and only user input is sent between clients.
It's also more complicated in the code because currently we have no way to store more than 1 X per tile. And workplans must be removed when they are no longer at a valid position (e.g. an enemy labourer has started to build a house there)
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 20 Jan 2012, 17:31

Re: bug/glitch with roads

is this going to be done, or everyone forgot about it? :lol:
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 21 Jan 2012, 00:02

Re: bug/glitch with roads

is this going to be done, or everyone forgot about it? :lol:
Yes of course, it's on the todo list but it's involves some major changes to the game. It's not something we can do overnight and there's a lot of other things we are working on or planning to work on at the moment.

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”