Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 7 is finally here!

<<

MegaDanX

Laborer

Post 13 Feb 2011, 07:57

Do I need to download/install BOTH mirrors? Or just 1 of them?
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 13 Feb 2011, 09:15

Just either of them. There are mirrors in order to ensure people can download the patch even if some of the download sites are down. You'll get the same file no matter which mirror you choose.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Apr 2011, 04:27

After uninstalling the game, I got a message when I tried to re-patch it:

"The set up files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the game"

Okay??? What does that mean? :?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Inu

Post 09 Apr 2011, 13:17

Aplying the 1.60 Patch to SR 2 Knights?

Hello I recently moved house and during that time a few of my CDs got cracked (I had to shove them in slipcases :? ) Knights and Merchants was one of them. :/ Because of this I had to download a copy (It's far too expensive to re-buy now - I hope you don't mind this! I did buy the game!). The copy I got was a bit weird, it had this thing called Service Pack Two on it (it says V 1.58 SR 2 in the top right corner of the menu screen) and seemed to be running both Shattered Kingdom and Peasant's Rebellion from the same menu!

What I really want to know is, is this an older version of the same Service Pack available here? And am I missing anything by playing both through the first game engine? (Does the second game have better graphics & features, etc?)

I hope you don't mind me asking!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Apr 2011, 14:20

Hi Inu,
Service Release 2 (1.58 SR2) was a fan made patch before Service Release 3 (1.60 SR3) which is the one here. Here's what the two different versions of KaM are:
1. KaM The Shattered Kingdom (TSK)
2. KaM The Peasants Rebellion (TPR)

TSK was released in 1998 and has only the one campaign.
TPR was released in 2001 and has two campaigns in the menu - the original from TSK and a new campaign called TPR. As far as I know only the Russian version of TPR does not include the TSK campaign, all of the others do.
There are differences playing the KaM TSK campaign in TPR. You will be allowed to build the new buildings (fisherman's hut, siege workshop, etc.) and some of the missions may have changed slightly. The graphics are unchanged, there are only a few differences between the two versions.
The version you have is the latest version ignoring this patch SR3. So it is quite recent and you shouldn't worry about it being old. Although it would be better to install SR3, but you'll need a legal copy to do that.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)
Lewin.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Apr 2011, 19:01

So does the patch think I have an illigal copy of the game? because I don't.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 09 Apr 2011, 23:52

It checks to see whether the installer of the game set a key in the registry. When you install the game from a CD or an installer EXE that was purchased from a website, it modifies the registry in the computer you installed it on to say that KaM was installed. If that has not happened then the patch won't install.
For example, if you installed it with the CD on one computer and copied it to a different computer that won't copy the registry change. All you need to have done is to install KaM with the installer.
<<

Inu

Post 10 Apr 2011, 11:55

Oh right, thank you! I will try to find an SP 3 one or something. It's just a shame it is so rare or I'd be able to buy it again. :( Does SP 3 make the group AI better at all?
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 10 Apr 2011, 14:12

No.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 10 Apr 2011, 18:53

Ben

For example, if you installed it with the CD on one computer and copied it to a different computer that won't copy the registry change. All you need to have done is to install KaM with the installer.
I did install it with the installer.

I think I'll just install it on another computer, patch it, and then move it back to the computer I want it on. That should work, right?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Apr 2011, 00:30

I think I'll just install it on another computer, patch it, and then move it back to the computer I want it on. That should work, right?
Yes it should work, assuming the patch will install on the computer you install KaM on first. Let me know how it goes.
Does SP 3 make the group AI better at all?
No, unfortunately that is beyond what us fans can do. We don't have the source code, we are just reverse engineering game files to fix problems and improve the game.
It is still a very good patch that will noticeably improve your copy of KaM. The missions have been tested very thoroughly and fixed and there are a lot of other improvements.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Apr 2011, 05:47

Alright, I'll try it tomorrow if I remember/have time.

I'll probably be too busy cooking supper though. :roll:

And I want to stress that I DIDN'T download the game. I dislike doing that, epically for a game that didn't make the companies a lot of dough.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 12 Apr 2011, 16:10

And I would say SR3 is only a little step before Remake will come out! SR3 is still the old buggy tpr engine from 2001! Support only XP, includes dead net games lobby and a miserable network code. There are some nice little improvements, mainly mission fixes. Not more.

You just have to wait ~1 year until remake (let's say SR4 :D) will be in a playable state.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 13 Apr 2011, 01:36

I just wanted to add that SR3 is still important for the Remake, because we need a stable copy of the game files with well balanced missions.
By the way, what's the news with RC1? Why is it only for German? Has Litude been away? Please inform us...
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 13 Apr 2011, 19:01

Litude don't work on SR3 last (long) time and i think next future. And the patch IS READY. Waiting is no longer needed.
So i take litudes work an finish it. FIxed 2 bugs and make setup routine.

I also could make english version, but i need final files of it. But at first I will release german, to see, if runs all good (and i would say it runs good! :wink: ).

All other languages i don't want to made setups, because some language files are missing AND i cant read language, to see what is wrong...

But let's wait what happens wikth german release... :wink:

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”