Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Beta 7 is finally here!

<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 02 Oct 2011, 22:57

Thanks, I got it working in the end and installed the music patch as well, so I think I'm finally up to date :)

Anyway great work from what I've seen so far! I'll probably report back sometime with some proper feedback. I can think of one thing now, however, which is to do with old save games no longer being supported - what makes this a necessary change, out of interest?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 Oct 2011, 12:09

Hi Litude.

What's the current status of Service Release 3?

I was just reading the German KaM website, and I noticed that on September 30th, they announced that Service Release 3 was Final..

Here it's still Beta 7, or isn't it?
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 03 Oct 2011, 15:03

Yeah it's still beta 7. The builds by The Knight are something he has put together.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Oct 2011, 10:08

How come old save games are no longer compatible?
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 11 Oct 2011, 11:37

Yeah it's still beta 7. The builds by The Knight are something he has put together.
caused by communication problem. I understand Litude as he never longer works on SR3. But that's not right.
German version of SR3 will be replaced by Litudes one.

I'm sorry for the problem.

I have changed files it on my Website!
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 11 Oct 2011, 20:13

How come old save games are no longer compatible?
They are actually compatible (as in, they will load if you copy them back into the save folder). The problem is that many of the changes that have been made in the patch will not come into effect when loading old saved games (and some changes will act erratically) and I was also concerned that loading them could cause unexpected crashes so I thought it was best to move them into a backup folder and if someone really had made some progress they didn't want to lose, they could move the files back into the actual save folder from there.
caused by communication problem. I understand Litude as he never longer works on SR3. But that's not right.
German version of SR3 will be replaced by Litudes one.

I'm sorry for the problem.

I have changed files it on my Website!
Thank you, I'm really trying to get the final version of the patch out before the end of the year.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Oct 2011, 21:39

They are actually compatible (as in, they will load if you copy them back into the save folder). The problem is that many of the changes that have been made in the patch will not come into effect when loading old saved games (and some changes will act erratically) and I was also concerned that loading them could cause unexpected crashes so I thought it was best to move them into a backup folder and if someone really had made some progress they didn't want to lose, they could move the files back into the actual save folder from there.
Ah right, I see! Thanks for the info :)

Return to “1.60 Patch (Service Release 3)”